Light super- 1st Marcus Wettleson- Gun Powder and Lead
2nd- Red Thunder Team
3rd- Gary Wipf
Region Five Points Champ- Gunpowder and Lead/ Wettleson

Heavy Super- Gary Wipf - 1st
Super Farm- Figenbaum
Two Wheel Dr- Wayne Timmerman

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 03:12AM
How bout FWD? Couldnt make it down to participate...just wondering how everyone did.

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 03:19AM
As best as I remember;
10 in the class
1 Dodge-N-Bullets
2 Hammer Down
3 Nasty Boys
4 One Bad Habit
5 Redline (I spotted him wrong on starting line,,, Yawning( ,,,,)
6 The Rock
7 Totally Geared
8 Thunderstruck
9 Totally Hooked
10 Intense Expense

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 08, 2010 10:55AM
Heavy SS

Deere Fever - [www.youtube.com]

Chance Encounter - [www.youtube.com]

Ruttin Deere - [www.youtube.com]

Born Green (new guy!) - [www.youtube.com]

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 08, 2010 02:44PM
Nice job Adam, if you have some free time this Fri.night we have a hook in Austin, Mn.

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 09, 2010 01:09PM
Thanks Bruce I would love to go to Austin, we are playing it by ear just to go to Norwalk. Wife is due in 2 weeks and will make the call for cheese country sat morning early.

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 09, 2010 01:54PM
I'd say the scheduling thing is bad planning on your part there Adam !!Spinning

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 09, 2010 01:57PM
I was just poking fun she's the one that took me serious.

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 09, 2010 01:59PM
WRAP THAT RASCAL !!!!!!!!!!

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 09, 2010 03:03PM
You ran her till she broke, and unfortunately the rod went out the side of the block.........

Re: waverly Ia, a few videos posted August 09, 2010 02:57PM
The track is awesome in Norwalk, Adam. Hope we see you there.

K.W

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 04:40AM
Someone said that Wide Loose Deere team is the only tractor that got their water tested by both teh Di-Electric Tester and the Specific Gravity Tester?

Whats with that? Why are they being singled out?

They must have asked to be tested???

They must have had too much alcohol (beer) in their water?

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 04:57AM
there was no water or fuel checked i think they requested to have things checked before the pull started.

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 05:24AM
Quite a few asked for water and fuel to be tested ahead of the event.
SF class going to have to go together and hire extra tech to do all the testing ahead of time ,,,, in my opinion.

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 09:12AM
I think they should have the top 3 place winners have there fuel and water tested

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 10:59AM
just wanted to make sure it was ok they wouldnt test for spec gravity we asked but at the end no samples were pulled wich suprised me

Re: waverly Ia August 08, 2010 12:20PM
how did the rest of the super farm class go and who ended up wining the points

Re: waverly Ia August 09, 2010 01:36PM
I thought thats what the $600 we pay for tractor and driver for the year plus $20+ entry fee, Plus $50 for having a turbo sealed if you need to have one fixed over the season is for!!!!!!!

Re: waverly Ia August 09, 2010 01:53PM
Nope, promoter pays for tech.
If the SF class needs policed so close, and want extra tech, the class should step up and pay, in my opinion, the promoter already pays enough.
Guess NTPA should use spec. fuel in SF class like Outlaws does. (??).

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 12:51AM
Ntpa needs to quit robbing the pullers, and maybe we could all put extra money into paying a tech official. When we already pay as much as the previous poster said, isn't that enough? 50 dollars for your turbo seals is rediculous. Especially when seals do fall apart, or break. Some money can come from the top down too. Kinda bad when we have to pay for everything.

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 01:39AM
15 sf
15 twd
10 4wd
8 hss
4 lss

52 hooks

30% should be spent on the sf and twd (60% total)
40% should be spent on the other 3 classes
Figuring that each SF puller has already pitched in a extra 100 this year, I don't see a issure with a top 3 water and fuel test.

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 03:35AM
i think dale q has did a pretty good job of testing water and fuel this year keep doing it. it would be nice to see a little more testing on a state level

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 03:42AM
But Dale and tech spend 70% of their tech time jacking with the SF class.

And when did SF pay an extra $100.00 ? Turbo re-checks? Just the price of Precision changing turbine housings on you!

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 03:37AM
Here's a better idea yet......

Instead of having to worry about paying an extra official.... Maybe superfarms need to just run straight water... No oil additive, nothing! NTPA official buys and carrys along distilled or regular gallon jugs of drinking water, and dumps the water in the water tank right before tractor drives out on the track. In all reality, you don't need to run crop oil, or any other oil or lube in your water. I don't care what anyone says... I know of tractors out there that have run straight water for years, and NEVER have had pump problems... Whether they are running vickers vane pumps, or electric water pumps. As long as when they winterize their tractors they run some lube through, there's no issues. This water injection deal is getting sickening to hear every week. But the truth of the matter is, we either need to run water provided to us by NTPA, the Promotor needs to have a water tank on site, or just change the rule to state inject whatever you want to inject... whether it's water, fuel, methanol, lake michigan water, propane, nitro, gas, doesn't matter. We need to go one way or the other.

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 06:17AM
for every guy you know running straight water I know a guy that a vane pump has failed as well, either with no additive or the wrong lube.

Personally if you think about it all the money in these motors, I want the insurance that my pump is lubed some how sitting week to week, because if that water light doesnt turn on come sat night it would be very costly.

You going to guaranty all the pumps to never fail with no lube? no obviously you cant do that so why would we want to go down that road.

And your idea would still work if the techs just prelubed the water they were dumping in. One flaw though is I could have the bottom 1/8th spiked with whatever I want when the tech adds my water.

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 09:21AM
No, you can't guarantee anything. But you also can't guarantee that lube is going to keep a vane pump alive. It might help it live longer, but it can't guarantee anything. And if 3 ounces of lube in your water passes NTPA's test, then why try to run 10 ounces? Wouldn't that extra 7 ounces be considered a "dual fuel" and be illegal? Especially if at 10 ounces your water doesn't pass NTPA's test..

I guess to me, what bothers me is HP saying the superfarms need to pitch in, and maybe hire more tech guys. Well, in all reality, that's not the superfarms jobs is it? It's also not the superfarm pullers jobs to "police" their own class. That's what NTPA 's Tech officals are supposed to be doing. Really are the "Tech" officials actually "Tech" officials, or are they "Safety" officials? It seems all they do is check your air shut off, 3 way valve, and firesuit, and paper work.. But do they actually "look" at anything under the hood? Not really.. So are they technically "teching" anything? Nope, just checking safety equipment. Sounds more like a safety inspector to me. Should get paid way less if they are just testing safety equipment. I see way to many of them driving around on 4 wheelers at tractor pulls not really doing anything.

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 09:53AM
maybe outlaws are on to something for this class?

Re: waverly Ia August 10, 2010 03:54PM
I really try to stay out of this bantering back and forth between groups of people on this page. But you just touched a never w/ your last post "vocie from afar" I know that we do saftey inspects on all vehicles before competion, and you may think that we just ride around on our four wheelers and do nothing. Truth be told we are going out to help set the track or to another trailer to inspect another vehicle for competion or whatever else needs to be done. I now my guys do look at all that you stayed but when your hoods are off we are also looking for more than we ask. I try to do as much inspcting as I can and so do all of our officials, but when you have only so many guys to do it is very hard to do a "complete inspect" on everyone. Thats why most of the time you get the "stantard" saftey inspect. I can tell you that we do look at alot more than you think we are looking at. And for your last statement about our pay and what we get payed for. Just keep this in mind, we are the first ones there we are the last to leave,we inspect every competion vehicle in the pits, we help build and set up the track, we run the show, we take down the track, list to the issues about the show from the ,drivers,promoters etc. and feel out are reports about the show and by this time most of you guys have left or are well on your way, and we do all of this for gas money. I'm not in this sport to make money nor em I going to, I just have fun supporting a great group of people and help to put on a safe show for the teams that sign in, to the fans that pay to get in the gate, to everyone else that is involed in putting on a NTPA pull.
P.S. I'm looking for tech officals in minnesota so if you think we got it easy please get ahold of me
Terrry G
UPM Head TECH official
upmtech@yahoo.com

Re: waverly Ia August 11, 2010 03:20AM
Amen Terry...UPM has a great group of officials on the state level and we appreciate all they do for the pullers and for the sport in general.

Re: waverly Ia August 11, 2010 04:20AM
Heard enough about the super farm water whining. No matter what if you win in that class someone has to say you are cheating. Lay off the tech officials and worry about your own ride.

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 12:40AM
hey Terry did you weld your ramp on your trailer

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 01:04AM
yeah terry, stop by bills shop, we can weld that up over a bottle jeremiah weed and dr pepper and dean can offer you a bunch of shots.

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 03:52AM
no wonder why that mod isnt done yetGrinning

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 06:45AM
Naw, it's not the jeremiaha weed... Bills been busy spraying bugs, and Tiny's pro-farm has to get done. Plus waiting on 2 shortblocks. One is done and complete. So when the other two are done, i have a feeling it'll go together pretty fast. To many projects, never enough time. And to many of us part timers that don't make it there enough to work. Plus, Wilbur's flavor isn't jeremiaha weed.. That's only Mr Galle... And when Terry sits down with a bottle of that, he tends to find the bottom before the night is through. But that's been a while. That's what happens when a pull get's rained out. (Ogilvie) and we all decide that Wilbur's place is a good central location to park trucks, dyno a John Deere, and see if we can initiate a new head tech official. And we succeeded on all of it. John Deere was in one piece when it left the dyno, trucks left the yard without a scratch, and Terry, Well, You'll have to ask him yourself how that night turned out! Just offer the guy a nice stiff glass of Jeremiaha weed, and Dr Pepper, and some shots of all sorts of fruity schnapps, and crown. But i'm guessing he won't take you up on it!

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 06:47AM
But Terry, just to warn you. Next time if you have that ramp welded on, it won't just be the ramp hanging from the pole in the middle of the pits. It'll be the whole trailer!

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 09:29AM
sounds like fun maybe i should join Terry's crew. I am at enough pulls watching any way. I even almost drove from Maple Lake to Olgive to see if there was any fun to be had. All seriousness Terry and crew does one heck of a job from a fan's perspective. I also heard u guys put on a heck of a show at Howard Lake.BeerGrinning

Re: waverly Ia August 12, 2010 09:40AM
yeah, terry does a pretty good job. over the past couple of years we gained some younger tech guys in the state, and that never hurts.

Yeah i guess there were quite a few tractors that ran over to howard lake saturday night. Bill, Eric, Guy Blechinger's White, Isaac Conway, Ernie Lange, Kevin Lindstrom. And i'm sure i missed a few on there. But it sounds like it was a good pull from what I heard from people.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009