IH RD engine Q's... August 23, 2010 05:36AM
I have seen someone on this board who sells the parts to put, say, an RD-501 in a 560. What about a 460? Will it fit? Will it limit my clutch/flywheel options? I would like to pull lighter than I can get a 560, want to make 4500. What do the components cost? Are there manifolds available to put an up-draft carb on it? Thanks

Re: IH RD engine Q's... August 23, 2010 07:49AM
guys name is floyd isbell,has a web site.often on for sale page

Re: IH RD engine Q's... August 23, 2010 11:10AM
You can put the RD engine in a 460 also, but like you said, you will have to run a smaller diameter clutch to accomodate the smaller bellhousing.....we did one of these before, and you can make 4500# with a 560 chassis if you want....just more chopping.....If you want to get by cheap, just turn the original manifold upside down, and either relocate the mount ears, or make an adapter plate.

Re: IH RD engine Q's... August 23, 2010 01:37PM
I have adapter plates for 460 and 560 tractors for rd engines $250 and $50 for front engine mounts. Adapter plates for dt 466 also available . Clutches SFI and Ta delete shafts. Fast constant gear sets for transmission. I like 560 rears better but I sell set ups for both. We also have manifold adapter plates so you can flip the stock truck manifold and make it up draft. Also have a plate to build your own header with. Front engine mounts. We are working on some engine bore and stroke kits. Any one interested should call me so we can get group pricing on these and also billet cam shafts for high rpms.
Thanks Floyd Isbell 570 637-1311 customtractorparts.com localtractorpulls.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,776, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member Jason