BG vs. Winser vs. Hamgberg August 23, 2010 10:33AM
Just wondering on number of tractors at each event? and number of fans at each event? Is ppl and outlaws trying to steal some of BGs thunder? I Was at BG this year and going back next just wondering why all three organizations have a main event the same weekend

Re: BG vs. Winser vs. Hamgberg August 23, 2010 11:19AM
This is only my opinion (and I admit a pro-NTPA bias )-

If I could wave a magic wand, Wisner would be on a different weekend (like the weekend of the 14th this year). If they could get rid of the guard rails and get concrete barriers, it would make a great NTPA Super National event (my understanding is that the Wisner promotors almost signed with NTPA this year). It would be great for the folks in Wisner to get to see guys like Vories (or the Lambada team this year), Holmans, Petros, Koesters, etc.

However, also Wisner is what, over 500 miles away from BG?
The Outlaws mods, pro stocks, fwds, and light supers run a little different rules than NTPA. The TWD, super farms, diesel supers, and the Outlaw version of U/SS could run in NTPA (the u/ss would either be NTPA LSS like Blue Can Fever, or Open SS like Novinger). Wisner does cost BG a few entries (maybe a dozen or so), but for example, of the 30 super farms at Wisner, maybe at most 5 would probably have gone to BG due to the long drive, so Wisner is affecting BG a little, but not greatly.

As far as Hamburg, (and this is only speculation)- is it possible they scheduled the pull BG weekend to spite NTPA?
ALSO, (and this is also big), Empire State Pullers is a PPL member state and has had an event that weekend each year. Pike is not very far away from Hamburg. Yet last year, PPL scheduled their event over top of their own member's state's long standing event nearby. Not a great support of your member state. I heard a rumor that next year Hamburg may be a Saturday-Sunday event instead of the current Friday-Saturday event.

Hamburg would probably draw just as big a crowd, if not bigger, if it were mid-week like it used to be. As somebody who lives near there pointed out, they could draw fans that would otherwise go to Pike, and have the added benefit of more ESP vehicles running with their event.

There are PPL pullers who would not go to BG whether there was a Champion's Tour event or not that weekend. However, for the guys like Schroedl and Bunnage who did show up to BG on Sunday, it would be really nice if the Hamburg date were moved.
The pro-PPL response is going to be "yes, but PPL pays more money" or "they're taking us to the next level...." whatever the "next level" is.
I get that NTPA is far from perfect (and I wish they would actually follow their rule book on the over/under 25 entry full pull mark), and also believe BG should loosen up the purse strings. However, BG is BG, and no matter where PPL wants to run an event the same day, nothing is going to change that.

there were more than that August 23, 2010 12:49PM
McKormick schroedel and masterson were in BG. I realize they are not in the points race but it is BOWLING GREEN

Re: BG vs. Winser vs. Hamgberg August 23, 2010 01:55PM
I agree on the 25 rule, It must be Schandorf's year to get screwed on that rule, they got him in tomah and he got it again in BG both places he was the only one past 310 and not 320 and there was Not 25 in the class so instead of 3 in the pulloff there would of been 4 woopie!!

Re: BG vs. Wisner vs. Hamburg August 23, 2010 02:29PM
Bowling Green had record crowds last year and I believe they beat that record again this year. The numbers were great in all classes. SF numbers were down slightly but they still had more than 60 tractors in the class. I don’t think BG suffered any ill effects of the rival pulls.

I’m also of the opinion that Hamburg and/or Wisner would due excellent the weekend prior to BG. Possibly move Hamburg back into the middle of the week like prior years.

I’ve heard reports and seen pictures from Wisner and it seems like the crowds were abundant with good numbers in all classes.

I’ve also heard from a few people that Hamburg had a pretty small fan turnout, while Pike (less than 50 miles away) had a rather large standing room only crowd as usual. Hamburg cannot schedule against Pike, let alone BG and Wisner.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 02:29PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: BG vs. Wisner vs. Hamburg August 23, 2010 02:35PM
It must be ok for all 3 associations to do the same weekend because they just did, and nobody got treated to a poor show. But heck they do that every weekend already,.......uhm ! Confused BG is neat but it's not a point event for all three.

Re: BG vs. Wisner vs. Hamburg August 23, 2010 04:34PM
Wisner was an awesome pull the only thing that I kinda miss are the big mods and USs and more Dss that Ntpa has but fun show to watch

Re: BG vs. Wisner vs. Hamburg August 23, 2010 08:08PM
I agree with you The Original Michael wisner needs to do something about the guard rails. The ironman sled went into them again this year. The bad thing about they can't move them out because they put the lights right next to them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009