sbjd 600 pump timing August 24, 2010 08:49AM
Running a 600ci sbjd curious to know what you superfarm guys run for pump timing, 55series head, 3x3 charger, 20.8 38s, open rpm, Cloumbus P pump, 20 oz's of water per pass. Need some more water I know, no fire out pipe engine gets to 200 deg after a pass, no fire out the pipe, Currently at 42 deg, just wondering what other guys are running, thank you.

Re: sbjd 600 pump timing August 25, 2010 01:02AM
Just an opinion but depending on your injectors if the nuts are cut or not but chances are you should probably be running closer to 38-39 you are probably blowing the fuel on top of the piston instead of the bowl creating more engine heat.... And you are correct you should be using more water!! Hope this helps.

Re: sbjd 600 pump timing August 25, 2010 05:34AM
You mean you cut to nut down, drill the head, and get the injector closer to the piston to get the spray in the bowl better? Haven't heard of that one, but it makes some sense. I was going to drop down to 40 deg. I haven't had any issues running out of power. Can blow the tires off in D4 pretty regularly unless I'm on a nasty clay track with the tractor freighted. But there hasn't been a cone at all out the pipe. I don't have a pyro so i'm not sure of the exhaust temp. I checked my water and was only getting 10oz's in 16 seconds, cleaned the nozzles now getting 22oz. Was thinking I should be up near 32 or so.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009