Blacktop tractor pulling videos August 25, 2010 03:16AM
There is discussion from time to time regarding pulling on blacktop instead of dirt, and not surprisingly many have never heard of such a thing. Well way back on May 16th, I took the 460 out to give it a try myself for the first time, and my (now) fiancee brought the video camera. Well, problems here and a botched disc there, combined with a busy summer for us, means I just now finally got it on youtube for the whole world to see. Check it out if you like!

5500 complete open class- rules were 2750 rpms, or 3000 with steel flywheel, and I think 6mph limit
[www.youtube.com]

My 460 in the 6500 open, same rules, and 7500 farm- 2750 rpms, no turbo
[www.youtube.com]

A couple more, the Oliver and JD were turbo'd, so ran 7500 open, the M was in 6500 open.
[www.youtube.com]

The 8500 farm class had a 5 mph speed limit, radar enforced.
[www.youtube.com]

Now for some bigger classes. Not sure what weights they are, just random pulls near the end.
[www.youtube.com]
Hope you enjoy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 03:27AM by kurtvtx.

Re: Blacktop tractor pulling videos August 25, 2010 03:56AM
I've actually never pulled on dirt. Typically my brother is the pilot of our tractor, but the four times I got to (and one more coming up in September), it was on blacktop. If you look at my YouTube channel you can see a couple of our adventures on the blacktop.
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Blacktop tractor pulling videos August 25, 2010 04:58AM
What do they put under the skid pan, just wood planks.. oak planks??

Re: Blacktop tractor pulling videos August 25, 2010 07:07AM
I have heard they use planks, but when the sled backed up it appeared as if there was an end-loader tire bolted to the bottom of the pan. As the big tractors got pulling, they switched the direction so they could stop them again, then further added the extra chain.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009