another SS puller passes away August 25, 2010 08:11AM
I just heard from a friend that Mark Clifton passed away. I herd it was cancer but I don't know what kind.

Re: another SS puller passes away August 25, 2010 08:40AM
I’m very sorry to hear the news. Marc was a very nice guy and he always took the time to talk with my father and I. He was one of those guys who you could disagree with him about rules and he didn’t take it personal, he respected a differing opinion. He will surely be missed.

Our condolences and prayers go out to the Clifton family.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: another SS puller passes away August 25, 2010 09:56AM
You can go to ITPAPULLING.COM and get the info!!!!! He will be MISSED!!!!

Re: another SS puller passes away August 25, 2010 11:31AM
Sad to hear the news of Marc’s passing, Marc was one of those guys that I always tried to find at a pull and chat with. No matter what the situation was Marc always had time to stop a visit for a couple minutes. His dedication to the sport and his family were first class. The sport lost one of the “good guys’. May the Clifton family find PEACE. .

The info of the ITPA web site;
Marc Clifton Passes Away

Marc Clifton former ITPA super stock puller and father of current ITPA super stock puller Rusty, age 51, of Rantoul, Illinois passed away Tuesday evening (August 24, 2010) at the Carle Hopital after a long battle with cancer.
A "Celebration of Life" will be held from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at the Thomasboro TIA Hall, Main St., Thomasboro, Illinois. In memory of Marc, the family asks that guests dress casual and show support by wearing Cardinals, Cowboys and John Deere appparel.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in order to establish an ITPA Scholorship or to make a contribution to the Carle Cancer Center in Marc's name. Donations can be sent to Gretchen Clifton, 2784 CR 1800 East, Rantoul, Illinois 61866.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: another SS puller passes away August 25, 2010 01:43PM
So sorry to hear about this I didn't really know Marc all that well. I think I met him once at Freeport, this was after they won the ILL. state fair pull with the brand new Constant Aggravation JD. I think alot of people on this site know his daughter , Krystal, as she is the amazing lady that takes care of all of the distances, and computer, and much of the paper work at Klint's indoor pulls, and keeps us announcers in line. Way too young...may you all find peace...

Stacy Butson

Re: another SS puller passes away August 25, 2010 03:14PM
Couldn't of said it any better myself Stacy. Krystal is a great person, & I hope she keeps her Dads memories going. I know how hard that is to deal with since the passing of my father in April. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, or at a pull. All the advice I can give to Krystal & her family is: stay strong, keep the memories close, and all the pulling family is here for you any time. Thoughts & Prayers,
God Bless,
Jon Strandlie

Re: another SS puller passes away August 26, 2010 02:50AM
Here is Marc's obituary from The Champaign-Urbana News-Gazette: [www.news-gazette.com]

Re: another SS puller passes away August 26, 2010 08:43AM
With the passing of Marc Clifton and David Marino,we have lost two great alky pullers in a very short time.Both left us at way too young of an age..May both of these families find peace and comfort at this time of sorrow. Lots of us are thinking about you and praying for you.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009