Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 01:25AM
What is with these guy running rollcages and not wearing helmets? Mostly hotfarm type pulls of course. I commend these guys for putting cages on. But it seems that even hot/profarm type tractors can get pretty out of shape from time to time. I know I wouldn't want my head bouncing off the cage. Seems like if you run a cage you should definitely wear a helmet. Event a little brain-bucket half helmet would help. Just wondering. Like to hear what you guys all think.

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 07:03AM
I think if you have a cage you should have 5 point harness, fire suite, and helmet. Our guys have to wear fire suites and helmets on M farmalls and 560s with or with out a cage

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 07:57AM
I agee with troublemaker. Having a rollcage with out a 5 point harness, fire suit, helment is just about as dangerous as not having the roll cage at all. Driver must be contained inside the roll cage in order for it to function properly. The harness keeps the driver in the cage, and keeps the driver from being bouncer around. The helmet will keep the driver head from injury, that occurs from contacting the roll cage or other elements. The suit helps keep the driver from burning or becoming burnt from a large quick flash of heat or fire.

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 09:02AM
I disagree, especially with the firesuit comment...i don't see how a roll cage makes a firesuit required and no rollcage doesn't

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 09:19AM
The more safety equipment the better, why fight it. If your pinching pennies to the point that you don't want to buy a helmet or a fire suit you probably shouldn't be pulling tractors.

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 10:23AM
I'm not saying not having a roll cage shouldn't warrant having a fire suit. I think a semi high performance tractor class with out a rollcage should require a fire suit. But having a roll cage and being strapped into a seat means it is harder to get off the vehicle, meaning it should be a requirement. The suit gives a driver a little more time to get off a burning tractor or officails to get the fire out.

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 11:29AM
Just to clarify I wasn't trying to argue it shouldn't be worn, just don't think it should be required...i agree safety first

before we put on our rollcage we had a seatbelt out of an old car(push button type). now with the rollcage we put in the 5 point, honestly i think i can get out of the 5 point faster, pull the latch and go

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 12:59PM
i think the more safty the better even a hans is not out the pic after some of the guys ran at bg heavans yes some one should start wearing one and set the bar for the rest enough said

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 28, 2010 02:20PM
It's just the evolution of the sport, I motorcrossed before getting back to pulling, with the more powerful modern fourstroke bike the new safety push was a neck brace, leatt being the most popular, $400 and up. Thought it was crazy until a friend landed on his head in a race, was out cold for seven min, came around and just broke his collar bone. I can't believe he would not have been paralyzed if he did not have it on. I did not ride until I got one. Didn't a lot of us think the cage thing was crazy at first and now here we are. Evolution of the sport, 5 more years where will we be

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 29, 2010 10:45AM
Trouble is, with the cage, the only way off the tractor is forward, towards and at time through the fire. Seen several people being "locked" in their rollcage in case of a fire.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 30, 2010 04:02AM
But you do understand where the fire is going to be, don't you? It is going to be in front of you. So, to get out of the cage and off the tractor, you will have to go through the fire. Do you want to be going through that fire with a t-shirt on or a rated firesuit which allows you a few seconds of protection. Jason was not a proponent of multi layer firesuits until last year at Tomah when "Stepchild" was burning and he was belted in. All he could do was try to get further back in the cage while getting the track official to get the fire out. Afterwards, he said it was pretty hot and he could see the value of a multi layer suit as opposed to a single layer suit. Just sayi', you never know when it will happen and how bad it will be, but always be prepared for the worst. And to be on a puller without a cage is asinine. They all go over, regardless of speed or horsepower. We have been there and done that also. Jesse escaped serious injury in Kentucky our first year when the first "Stepchild" was demolished. JW

Re: Rollcage+No Helmet=Concussion? August 30, 2010 04:05AM
The above was not supposed to be after Sascha's post. It says the same thing before I read Sascha's. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009