How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 28, 2010 03:37AM
The sled set at Jeff City was terrible.The distances ran from 273' for the winning run clear down to 243' for last place out of 12 tractors.This was the one class that lots were looking forward to and it was the poorest class of the entire 10 classes at the pull.It wasnt the pullers fault as the sled was too heavy and the track was wet and loose.There was lots of dirt in front of the pan.It looked like Brian Shramek was making the winning run when the tractor just shut down?The one bright spot was the Lambada Team winning.Congrats guys.

The other 3 NTPA classes were very enjoyable but it did take them 3 hours to run their part of the show with 53 hooks plus 6 for pulloffs.The Outlaws and ECMTPA put on a fast paced show with some over 70 hooks in 3 hours.The sled was a little heavy in the Outlaw LSS with a winning distance of 289'.The winning distances on the other 7 classes were all over 310' with some good runs being made.Floating the finish worked real good on this track.

All in all it was a good pull and I'll be back next year.Just dont over water the track.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 28, 2010 03:52AM
Yeah, didn't make much sense to have pulloffs when they knew it was going to be a late nite, anyways!

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 28, 2010 04:11AM
I think it's only natural to be disappointed. I would be too. Whether it be human error or the weather, it seems like that's tractor pulling sometimes. The analogy I would make is to compare a bad track or sled setting, etc in pulling to a sloppy football field for a big game. You don't see anyone at their best so you just have to appreciate being able to see them in action.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 28, 2010 04:16AM
Was wondering what happened to The Weapon? That tractor had been on quite a run prior to the last couple hooks.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 30, 2010 01:33AM
Face in crowd
Was wondering what happened to The Weapon? That tractor had been on quite a run prior to the last couple hooks.

The Weapon's starter decided not to work first, so we had to drop to last. After getting a little help from the Blagrave, Bullwhip, and Sweet Pain guys we dropped to last and The Weapon decided to take a bouncy ride down the track.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 28, 2010 04:29AM
I also thought it was set heavy. The Outlaw mods got to get up and run better than the NTPA tractors.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 28, 2010 05:45AM
With a less than perfect track floating the finish made the Outlaw and ECMPTA pullers look pretty good.Lots of nice passes were made..For the NTPA fans that like pulloffs,this was a hard track to set the sled for. Maybe things will go better this evening.I've been to several pulls this year where too much water has been added to the track.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 29, 2010 05:40PM
NTPA sure did no better saturday night. Pull sarted at 7:00 and took ntpa untill 10:00 to run 30 hooks on each side. Outlaws started at 10:30 and hooked more and was done by midnight. Why is ntpa so slow.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 29, 2010 06:43PM
Let me count the ways,,,,
Saturday session;
#1, scraper broke before pull and had to wait till it got fixed to start
#2, roller got 2 flat tires next to each other, had to stop pull to put on a new tire, while at the same time scraper tractor drivers changed and new one couldn't run tractor/scraper and made mess out of tracks, had to straighten that mess out, then pack tracks down.
#3, broken steering on unlimited held things up while they tried to figure out how to lift it without the right stuff to lift it with.
#4, a couple pullers seemed surprised it was their turn to pull and weren't ready.
#5, DSS caught on fire, but didn't delay things very long.
#6, pulloff's in at least 2 classes per night.
#7, scraper wasn't heavy enough and hopped if pulled too fast.
Agree, floating the finish would shorten things up a lot time wise.
Anyone else miss beer sales?

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 30, 2010 05:27AM
Yes it was very disappointing how long the NTPA took that's fine if they want all the TV time. But the outlaws were just as bad they didn't hook the second sled till the first sled was down the tract and finished pulling. Then the next outlaw would finally come out and hook up. When ECMTPA was pulling they had the flag guy running back and forth and they were hooked up and ready to go when the one sled was down the tract. Very Good Show by ECMTPA!!! Why don't they let the ECMTPA go first to get the tract going and even start earilier than 7:00 to get the classes done before 1:30 P.M.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 30, 2010 06:04AM
Please remember, there was only one lazer also, you can only go so fast with 2 tracks and one lazer.

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 30, 2010 07:01AM
there were plenty of times that when NTPA was running that there was absolutely no one on the track of either side, some one was not paying attention it was ridiculous

Re: How Many Were Disappointed With The NTPA Unlimited Mod Class At Jeff City August 30, 2010 05:09PM
You are correct.Lots of pullers were asleep.I thought that you had 3 minutes to get there.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009