Running In The Red Hot August 29, 2010 08:39AM
So what do you think Tom, Kathy, and Al have going on with that tractor. Even if it does not win every time I have not been to a pull this year that that tractor was not the most powerful. Why would they not get the other tractor set up that way by the end of the year. They don't seem like cheating people to me and that is not hear nor there so lets leave that out of this post. They spend alot of time tractor pulling and work hard. So what do you think the magic part or parts are that nobody else has? It can't just be tuning with all the other SF guys at the dyno all the time. What can they have that nobody else can get. They must have come up with something themselves or the builder would be selling it.

Turbo?

Intercooler?

Cam?

Head?

Pistons?

There is something special on that tractor. What ever it is maybe it is the coming thing and ever SF will have it next year. Whatever it is I hope it bolts on a JD too.

Re: Running In The Red Hot August 29, 2010 01:20PM
REALLY you think tom would let a better part on the tractor that he is not driving do better. I bet every part is the same on bolth tractors but they bolth run different have seen it many times. they have spent alot of time and money on dyno just give them credit it is running red HOT.

Re: Running In The Red Hot August 29, 2010 02:26PM
I belive there is something different between the two. It seems Hot may have a little faster gears. It for sure can make more rpms.

Re: Running In The Red Hot August 29, 2010 03:05PM
We have two tractors with for the most part, the same parts on both. Our dyno sheets dont show that though. One of them just runs a little bit better than the other. Its no different in Toms case. Red hot is just running a little better and hooking up good. They have been at this for a long time and done a lot of there homework. They work very hard on the dyno over the winter and deserve everything that has happened this season. They are all good people and have done more for us than we could have ever asked for. And just for the record, I dont think Toms runs too bad either. It is right there in the hunt for second in PPL points.

Re: Running In The Red Hot August 30, 2010 12:18AM
To me it just seems there is a big gap between those two tractors. Way more than between you families tractors Dan. Toms tractor is among the best, but hot has a bunch more power. In what way did I say they did not work hard or derserve how their tractors are running?

Re: Running In The Red Hot August 30, 2010 09:52AM
I agree that there is a gap between the two of those tractors. The million dollar question though is why. I dont have a clue and I dont think Tom does either. If he did know, the other one would run the same. Like what was said before, they put all the goodies on both of those tractors. I can guarantee you that. I didnt mean that you were saying they didnt deserve the credit either. I just wanted to give them a little credit of my own thats all. I just wish now that we could get ours running a little better.

Re: Running In The Red Hot September 06, 2010 12:03PM
I guess I was wrong. It looks like #1 has what Hot has. They are starting to make it look easy. Can't be much doubt they are the most powerful PPl set up SF tractors in the country. There is a bunch of top tractors that have to catch up a lot over the winter. They are pushing everybody to a new level.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason