Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 30, 2010 02:16PM
I have heard tell of trick govs out in the west, by trick I mean if your only allowed to run 3000 rpm when you are getting tached it will only go 3000 rpm, BUT when you are pulling down the track under a load it goes to say 3500? more? less? I don't know was wondering if there is such a pump who makes them? real expensive? where do I get one? thanks in advance

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 30, 2010 02:47PM
These are out there but a datalogger on the sled will catch it everytime. Guaranteed

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 30, 2010 02:48PM
Datalog will catch it every time. Agreed.

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 30, 2010 03:03PM
If you are pulling in a limited rpm class and do not use the datalogger the honest puller will never have a chance. I don't care how good of a guy a puller is, everyone is out to win and without that particular box there is no way of knowing what happens going down the track. The whole deal of checking at the end of track or in pits is b.s..

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 01:11AM
I agree but data loggers don't exsist around here just yet, I would like to win, I know there are a few here that have that type of pump but you cant catchem so as the saying goes if ya cant beatem ya mise well joinem, where do you get this type of pump work done?

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 04:49AM
Seriously! You're asking how to knowingly cheat. What happened to America? You're willing to lose your integrity for a crappy trophy? It would be cheaper for you to buy the datalog system for your local sled than to buy a new pump. If it's a 3000 rpm class either police it of be happy knowing you are running legal. Running 3500 rpm in a 3000 rpm class is still cheating you might as well just put a bottle on your tractor while youre at it. Maybe some nitro in your water or a drawbar you can raise going down the track or just ignore those cube limits and build as big as you can. Serisouly dont cheat! Buy the datalog system and let the cheaters get caught. Bring the cheaters back your level don't go to their level by cheating!

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 04:59AM
it's one thing to use a grey area to your advantage, but to flat out know that your cheating isn't right. run with in the writen rules use whats not writen to your advantage...thats my two cents

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 05:13AM
I am a pump guy, and I am not sure what they are doing to get them to do this, but I can assure you anyone who builds one for someone is as much of a spineless cheater as the guy using it! I would simply refuse to build one that would do that. what an embarassment to the industry!

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 05:30AM
I can tell you from experience the rpm box works. without it same cheaters win evry time. W it u never know who will win. our club got a relative cheap one . just strap it to a battery and set it n the boat of the sled. The guy who unhooks can read it. according to the pros there are no trick governors only trick linkages. IF u want to join cheaters thats fine.

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 02:23PM
rpm police mentioned there was a cheap data logger out there to police rpm?, who has one?, what model works best?, how much are we talking?, are there any used ones around from someone else upgrading? Do pullers have to add anything to there pulling tractor?

Re: Trick governors in A-pumps??? August 31, 2010 03:04PM
guys who cheat are PATHETIC...they don't wanna spend the time and do some research, on how...they can build a tractor that will run strong and will make respectable passes down the track (money can't buy everything) sometimes its the little tricks you learn from experimentation. the best part of pulling i think, besides building the tractor. is coming out of the hole, when the front end comes off the ground and i have to use the breaks for the first 75-100ft. a 1st 2nd or 3rd place is just a reward.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,760, Posts: 229,921, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM