NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 12:17AM
What else do they machine out on the differntial on a IH 66 other than the cross. thanks

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 01:18AM
Make more room for side gear needle bearings & hard washers, have to machine out the case.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 05:00AM
do you know of a good person to take one to and about how much money i will have to dig up. Does it really free it up or would a needle bearing cross do ok. I quess what i am asking is it money worth spending.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 07:17AM
There is no doubt that a needled diff is well worth the money.......without it its just a matter of time till you have the stock stuff ruined. I have needled crosses in stock . Buy mine or someone elses but do it before it costs more than it will now. If you wait it ruins the cross,spider gears and sometimes the carrier too. Keith 402/750-8652

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 09:36AM
at what point in pulling would a guy need to upgrade?

HP range? speed? class?

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 01:21PM
be sure to do the side gears.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 01:25PM
Are your crosses billet and would I have to machine the housing to make it work

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 02:31PM
Do you ever weld the gears like we do in the super stock trucks ?? If you go with the needled rear end does it pull like a posi ??

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 11:30PM
At what level of hp or pulling you ask?................ This shoulda been done at the factory to every one of them. Meaning is cheap insurance at any level

Are mine billet? No they are not. they are however just like 90% of them in pullers all over

Why not weld the gears? NO!!! That would defeat the purpose of doing this. This frees the tractor up and helps make them run straight plus make them easier to correct with the brakes when getting out of shape.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 12:51AM
I've heard of some using a 560 cross , even in super stocks

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 09:00AM
I moved my reply..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 09:02AM by JDGnut.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF August 31, 2010 11:52PM
I can get you a billet, hardened cross that you do not need to machine the housing for.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 12:27AM
Why would you have to machine the housing? if you just cut the cross and put needles bearings under the spider gears. or do they make bearings that go between the side gear and the housing?and how much more would that help over just the cross being needled? Im still learnig guy not trying to ask stupid questions. thanks
Does any body have some pictures?

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 12:43AM
so what would keep it from doing a one wheel spin if you get it that free.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 01:20AM
Brakes

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 02:06AM
Oh you have to have brakes too. Well darn it next thing your be saying we have to have reverse.

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 05:44AM
so what about them pulling both tires true

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 06:48AM
enough horsepower

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: NEEDLE BEARING DIFF September 01, 2010 09:03AM
In a 4x4 even with the front and rear locked.. you can steering enough because the front is pulling.. on a Two Wheel drive need the brakes.. half the time the front is off the ground.. (even if it was on the ground it would just plow along straight.. try to drive a tractor with the diff lock on.. then think about driving it with out using the steering wheel.. that sounds stupid.. but you get the idea.) The needling helps the spiders survive.. yes they make bearing to go between the gear and the housing..

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM