Connersville super farm September 05, 2010 02:12PM
It looked like a very nice class of super farms other then they give Slama two pulls just because his tractor jumped.Why not give everyone two chances if they make a bad hook or are they playing favorites. The sled was put back just where it was after the next tractor blew it out the end. Keep it up Slama if you wont to run everyone off

Re: Connersville super farm September 05, 2010 03:01PM
I agree about that slama guy. Kinda seems like a whiner.

Re: Connersville super farm September 06, 2010 05:05AM
Well........ I see Don's true colors are shining

Re: Connersville super farm September 06, 2010 05:11AM
I for got one thing. Don slamas motto to life "do one to others as you dont want done to you"

Re: Connersville super farm September 06, 2010 11:02AM
Obviously you all do not know Don very well. Or is it that you know him and you are just jealous?? I bet that's it!

Don Slama and Boyds are not problem. Its PPL staff September 06, 2010 12:21PM
Don Slama and the Boyds are not PPL's problem. It is PPL staffing (John and Kristi) they need to change. Maybe its time Mr. Lucas gets someone new to run things and do the teching. The way things are going now, PPL will have less pullers next year and the next and the next, and so on. Its sure looks like favortism to some pullers at the expense of other pullers. These problems are not only in Champions events but in the Midwest region too. Mr. Slama does a lot of great things the the world of pulling and the Boyds bring 3 of the top looking and running tractors out the in the pro-stock class. It is a little conflict of interest being sponsored by the league you pull in, but if the people running the league are professional, there should be no swindling going on to make sure on of the Lucas sponsored tractors wins. I like PPL and I compete in PPL. I am just saying that things could be better. I really appreciate what Mr. Lucas has done for the pulling world and hope he continues to give us a place to run and MORE MONEY to run for.

Re: Don Slama and Boyds are not problem. Its PPL staff September 06, 2010 12:56PM
John and Kristi do an outstanding job with PPL. I hope Forrest adds Klint Tucker as the track guru and then PPL will be as perfect as a pulling association can be ! Thumbs Up Always remember you can never make everyone happy all the time . Ask yourself would you like to do the job that your complaining about how someone else is doing ? Eye Rolling

Re: Don Slama and Boyds are not problem. Its PPL staff September 06, 2010 02:22PM
There needs to be something different going on. Starting with the track would be a great place. We have been on some of the worst tracks in the country this year running with PPL. The organization has got a great start but needs some fine tuning to keep it's numbers up.

Re: Connersville super farm September 06, 2010 03:29PM
ive never met don but talked to him on the phone a couple times, seemed like a real good man to me, helped me out and dont even know me.

Re: Connersville super farm September 07, 2010 03:21AM
I cannot comment on the incident at Connersville, however I can comment on both the Boyd and Slama teams. I think it highly unfair to chastise either the Boyd’s or the Slama’s for the running of a PPL event. I’ve had lengthy conversations with both teams and I can say without reservations that both Jake and myself have nothing but the highest degree of respect for both teams. The Boyd’s bring three of the strongest, best looking tractors to the class. They have pushed all the pullers in the PS class to be on top of their game pull after pull.

And Don and James Slama have worked to promote and better the SF class. Readers of pulloff.com realize that Don is on here giving information and advice to anyone that may have a “green” question. Don’s Hillsboro PPL pull is a charity event for the local community. What more could pulling ask for than a guy that not only pulls one of the strongest tractors in the class but also takes the time and money to put on a pull that benefits his community.

There may be a separate issue concerning PPL, however like all organizations the problems that may exist need to be resolved with the pullers and the leadership pf PPL.

Lets not confuse a pulling issue with a personnel issue

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Connersville super farm September 07, 2010 02:47PM
from what i see he does help a lot but usually to benefit himself by selling parts he buys from someplace else for a 200% markup rather than telling someone where to go and wasteing a bunch of shipping

Re: Connersville super farm September 07, 2010 04:17AM
I don't think criticism of Don is appropriate. The sled was changed. If the sled changes, he has to re-hook. It was obvious from the first two hooks that something was not quite right. He wasn't the only tractor that rehooked. I think the only concern from pullers was that the issue get fixed. Even later there were tractors bouncing and some not.

Re: Connersville super farm September 07, 2010 04:37AM
Keeping it fair. At least have enough Balls to sign your own name. Randy L.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro