Tube Frame September 09, 2010 11:57AM
What are the advantages of running a tube frame? Is it just for weight, or is there something else that it will help as well? Thanks

Re: Tube Frame September 09, 2010 08:09PM
Weight is an advantage
If you know what you are doing, a tube chassis can be built to what you want it to do.
You can mess up a tube as well as a sheet metal chassis and the other way round.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Tube Frame September 10, 2010 12:57PM
The full tube frames we make eliminate the need for tie bars.
A lot of people leave their motor bolted in the frame and take the whole assy to a dyno. That way you can test using your own fuel/water tank, computer, intercooler, ect.
Also, easier to adjust the clutch. Block up the trans housing and roll the unit forward...
Lighter, so you can get in the SS class in Mid-South. Grinning <<<stirring...

Re: Tube Frame September 11, 2010 12:44AM
why stop at just using tube for the front and yet still keep the ag rear end? parts costs for these vintage rear ends are beyond ridiculous, EG. one shift fork from NH. quoted me just shy of $1800. when I asked politely if parts person quoted the wrong part ,she said no but could not believe it herself! heck I would have a complete reverser tranny for close to that price! as tractors continue to suffer the fate of scrap pricing this sport will be forced into using purpose built components for there pulling tractors.all things considered you would end up with a much more reliable competition vehicle in my humble opinion. am sure others may differ!

Re: Tube Frame,where is "where's the spec"???? September 11, 2010 05:46AM
Kinda hard to find the fat tire supertiquer supporters with all the "weld on hubs" that have come unwelded recently!!!!!
Haven't seen a wheel come off a planetary yet,,,,,,,,,,and mods have been using them for, what, at LEAST 20 years now,,,,,,,
NO component supers breaking in half.
NO idea why anyone would build a super anything that has cast iron in it.

Re: Tube Frame,where is "where's the spec"???? September 11, 2010 04:03PM
I told everyone I was done with it about 3 months ago since people like yourself did not want to hear or see what I was trying to say. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!!!!!?????

Re: Tube Frame,where is "where's the spec"???? September 11, 2010 04:20PM
Admit you are wrong as can be.
Cast light SS are NOT as safe as components.
No one has built a shoddy component chassis as you kept saying COULD happen, but really bad stuff keeps happening to fat tire supertiquers.
Tires falling off, they are breaking in half, just don't see it with the mandated tie bars (that ALSO have no spec.).
So, speaking of someone who doesn't WANT to hear about it,,,,, look in the mirror!!!
Components are safer.
And unless daddy owns a tractor junk yard, they are less expensive to build from scratch.
Now I'm done.

Re: Tube Frame September 11, 2010 07:47AM
the class we are buliding for is not a ss class, its a limited pro class and the rules state that you can not run component, Ag rearend only. So thats why i was asking if a full tube frame would be better and/or woth it. Not sure what they cost but was just worndering why a lot of the guys in that class are running them.

Re: Tube Frame September 11, 2010 06:48PM
reliability,cost etc. is why Esdon went to a job specific engine from hyper and he got lambasted and called all kinds of nasty things.now you would like to have the same for the rearend and tranny,but you are not Esdon so everyone will agree with you and say good idea.

Re: Tube Frame September 11, 2010 11:18PM
being able to move weight away from the front is the main advantage! have seen may IH tractors with a lighter front end,one fella described it as getting rid of that dead horse up front!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009