tractor pull on CBS right now! September 18, 2010 05:48AM
check it out

Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 17, 2010 09:33AM
The Lucas Oil Indy Superpull is being brodcast on CBS sports this Saturday at 1:30 EST.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 02:08AM
Has a tractor pull ever been on network TV before? If so, I can't recall anything other than seeing them on RFD, ESPN, or Versus.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 02:33AM
Back in the late 70's? on Wide World of Sports on ABC.. then there was the fiasco from Tomah in the early 90's, but I don't recall if it was NBC or TNT .
So will this be like watching it on VS. where the announcers blah blah blah through the entire show and you don't here anything but their annoying voices? Sorry, I tried watching the MotorSports hour and I have to turn the sound off.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 03:27AM
I don't know what to expect really. If it's anything like on Versus, I can enjoy it. But if it's like the RFD shows, I'll just record over that part. The RFD shows aren't great. A class of 30 or so Pro Stocks at BG or Tomah, you might see 10 hooks. And you're right, the announcing leaves much to be desired since you can hardly hear what many people tuned in for: the machines, not some talking head for 30 minutes.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 07:56AM
they did a good job with it! really explained the sport well i think,very detailed!

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 09:18AM
wow mods and twd and blah blah and bill liechner going through his mid life crisis with his hat on backwards. It had very nice production qualities the yes the announcers did talk alot, but they did seem like they kind of new what they were talking about. The poorest part of the whole show was the tractors looked like they went down the track at a snails pace. This is where AP productions have the advantage, Watch Vories go down the track, you can watch and say wow that tractor was movin. I was not impressed with the camera angles as they just did not flatter the tractors in any way. The highlight of the show was when they showed the 30 seconds of semis. So so show is all i can say.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 09:29AM
Yea, alot of talking, then I fell asleep. I had seen show better then that.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 10:08AM
Did you ever stop to think that maybe bill l. wearing his hat backwards has something to do with his sponsorship with rockstar???? I'd be more than happy to wear my hat inside out and sideways if they were willing to put up the money to sponsor my tractor! Keep up the good work bill!

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 11:06AM
Exactly. Bill had his hat on backwards to show his sponsor. Plain and simple. That team is one of the few to have good sponsorship over the years. Bill gets it. In interviews, he'll thank his sponsor and always wear his hat. Too bad sponsorship isn't available to more pullers.

As for the CBS show, I liked their graphics and special effect backgrounds they used when showing pullers' faces. Miking up the flagman was a great touch. Good show overall. Different than the usual show.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 02:06PM
I thought comparing all the pullers runs on the track was at least interesting with the colored paths. Maybe the show will be a baby step toward regular shows.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 04:09PM
Although the classes are my least favorite of the ones that pulled at Indy, the presentation was excellent. Aside from the usual gripes like not hearing more of the engines and the camera angles, it is a step in the right direction to get pulling more mainstream. Things like these make it more apparent that the NTPA is being left in the dust by the PPL in terms of advancing the sport with tv deals and sponsorships along the lines of NASCAR. The number of hooks shown was smaller than I would prefer, but it's understandable given the extra time given for the pulling "newbies" that may have been watching. I hope this becomes a regular thing for CBS; it's such an untapped audience.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 19, 2010 04:41AM
very well said 1655

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 05:01PM
its hard to believe that one person (especially one that claims to be a fan) would bitch about tractor pulling being on CBS at 12 ish central time on a saturday during football season and still find something wrong with it.

Thank you for the production and publicity, I thought it was well done!

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 18, 2010 07:40PM
Just got done watching it as it was rescheduled here in the Central Ohio area to air at 2am.I thought the show was pretty good,as many have said they talked a little too much.But for the newbies it was a time for them to learn a little about our favorite sport.I liked the interviews of the pullers and they all were very professional,i was affraid they might make it look "rednecky" for lack of a better word.I remember and have on tape a pull from Tomah from around 1990 and it was kind of cheesey on the interviews,i don't recall who or what TV company aired the pull?.But overall i liked the show,specially since i don't get to watch any of the other pulls on the cable or satalite tv stations.Sure would be nice if it could be a weekly tv event at the same time,same day so people that are new to the sport might follow it.Plus maybe some business's might see it as a great publicity area and add themselves to the sponsor list.

One thing i thought was bad was the winners interview recieving their check for $2,000 bucks seemed so cheap when compared to what say John Force's winning check would be.Maybe it wasn't bad and some potential sponsor might think the pullers deserve a bigger paycheck?.Specially when at the begining of the show they talked about the price of the engines,the vehicles and even the transporters being worth hundreds of thousand dollors.I understand the sport will never pay it's way,but the new people watching are probably scratching their heads wondering how the pullers pay for all that equipment.The good thing is with the national coverage pulling just got,just maybe some big company or compaines will decide to add some funds.

Something we all should do is fire off a nice email to CBS Sports and Thank Them for the show and ask that they do it more othen.I'll do some looking for a email address for CBS Sports and post back later.Till then Thanks CBS and Lucas Oil for the show.Randy.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 19, 2010 02:37AM
I thought the show was about the same as the ones seen on ESPN or SPEED channel. I would much rather watch the NTPA show on RFD. PPL will ruin the sport with the big name advertising and turn into a similar show to a monster truck event. No more pulls for small town USA I am fearing.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 19, 2010 05:38AM
I thought it was the best pulling production I have seen on tv. Showing the lines and distances was a great add to the show. It was a huge step in the right direction to get more tv time and sponsorships. You guys all bitch about to much talking but you have to realize there are potential fans out there that know nothing about the sport. Those are the ones we need to recruit. Not everyone watching the show has been around pulling there whole life like most of us on this forum. I agree the tractors looked slow but that can be changed to make it a little more exciting to watch.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 19, 2010 08:29AM
Spoken like someone that thinks NTPA is the only game in town.This year I have attended pulls put on by all 3 major organizations and its fun to see all the different pullers.More power to PPL for getting major TV exposure.

Re: Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull on CBS Sports Spectacular September 19, 2010 08:52AM
Yes you are correct. The Ntpa is the ONLY game in town. Like I said previously I have to drive over 6 hours to see a PPL event, but have 12 NTPA events within an hour of my home. If the PPL had a pull in my area I would attend.

?????? September 19, 2010 12:17PM
Do you guys watch the NTPA show on RFD???? Army hasn't been on there for the last couple seasons. I thought PPL did a great job bringing pulling back to network TV. Hope to see more next year.

Re: CBS Sports Contact Info September 19, 2010 04:19PM
Did some looking and found this page [www.cbssports.com] and it has a spot where you can send a message.It is on the right side of the page,asks for your name,email and a CBS Sports ID,i don't have one but went ahead and typed a short message and hit summit and it went through.When you are filling out the form,it will have a place that says subject with a drop down menu to choose you subject.I chose positive feedback.Here is the Sports main page and it has some other ways to contact CBS such as twitter,facebook etc. [www.cbssports.com] . Both links look the same in this message,but if you put your mouse on them you can see they are 2 different links.Randy.

Re: tractor pull on CBS right now! September 20, 2010 03:30AM
I thought the show was great. If they tweak their camera angles so it looks like the tractors and trucks are going as fast as they are it will definitely help. I don't know if they did say it but if they said the speed it would help viewers unfamiliar to the sport understand more easily. Still loved watching it! Bouncing

Re: tractor pull on CBS right now! September 20, 2010 03:51AM
Is there a link to the show? Our local CBS station didn't carry it..

Re: tractor pull on CBS right now! September 20, 2010 02:07PM
Was also wondering if it was taped to be replayed in the future or if anyone taped it so a person could watch it? It was not on our local CBS station. Thanks for any help!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard