The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 21, 2010 04:46AM
The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season

FWD:

FWD divisions that require front "wheelie" wheels, the wheel size has been increased from 2" to 4" minimum width

Light Pro St:

1. Light Pro St are allowed to compete in the RN Super St and Pro St classes

Semi:

1. Electronic fuel injection allowed if engine was produced with it.

2. Add Semi division to general rules on page 25, #4:

All Super Stock, Pro Stock, Super Farm, and Semi engines are required to shield all rotating mass mounted to front of crankshaft 360 degrees from front of engine block to one inch in front of the rotating mass. Shield to be from frame rail to frame rail by a minimum of .125 steel or aluminum, and fastened to frame on each side by a minimum of two evenly-spaced bolts (3/8-inch Grade #5 minimum). The remainder of 360 degrees shield will be standard side and hood shielding.

Modified

1. RN level with Hemi heads are limited to 37% blower overdrive.

2. RN level with Big Chief heads are limited to 42% blower overdrive.

3. GE turbine engines required to have a dump valve operated by overspeed to kill the engine as opposed to returning to idle.

General Rules:

1. A sample valve must be installed on the supply side of water and fuel injection pumps nearest the pump as possible. NOTE: multi engine vehicles are only required to have one engine with a sample valve

2. Tractors that run in SS (light and heavy) , Pro St (light and heavy), SF, Pro Farm and limited Pro tractor divisions must keep the camshaft inside the engine block (no externality mounted camshaft) except in classes where overhead cam is allowed.

Entry:

1. Competitors that enter late (after scheduled closing of entries) will pay a late fee of $20 per entry. This late fee is non-refundable

2. Entry numbers not be visible during drawing process

Event Operations

1. All distances past 300 feet will be measured. Only the top three distances will participate in the pull off. All vehicles will be red flagged if they exceed 320 feet. If three or more competitors exceed 320 feet, only competitors past 320 feet will come back in the pull off

2. If a floating finish line is used it will be a maximum of 320 feet allowed and the chalk line will extend to 320 feet

3. If a competitor gets disqualified for any reason at an event, he/she has 72 hours to contact the NTPA Office or NTPA Tech Services Department. After that time period has past, no other contesting of the disqualification will be allowed

All other rules remained the same as the 2010 NTPA rulebook

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Lost already September 21, 2010 04:50AM
All distances past 300 feet will be measured. Only the top three distances will participate in the pull off. All vehicles will be red flagged if they exceed 320 feet. If three or more competitors exceed 320 feet, only competitors past 320 feet will come back in the pull off
I'm confused!

Re: Lost already September 21, 2010 08:46AM
Dick-

I can sense your confusion-here's my interpretation (and there is room for interpretation here), with some scenarios:

1. All distances past 300 feet will be measured. Only the top three distances will participate in the pull off. All vehicles will be red flagged if they exceed 320 feet. If three or more competitors exceed 320 feet, only competitors past 320 feet will come back in the pull off

So....

Scenario 1:
Vehicle 1: 320+ft
Vehicle 2: 319ft
Vehicle 3: 309
Vehicle 4: 308
Vehicles 1-3 pull off. Vehicle 4 is not in pull off

Scenario 2:
V 1: 325
V 2: 319
v 3: 330
V 4: 329
V 5: 321
Vehicles 1, 3, 4 and 5 in pulloff.

Scenario 3:
V 1 299
V 2 302
V 3 308
V 4 312
V 5 289
V 6 314
3, 4, and 6 in pulloff.

Now not trying to twist or overanalyze the rule here but lets look at that second sentence: Only the top three distances will participate in the pull off. Are we saying then that there will be a pulloff regardless of the top three distances? Again Im not trying to act like Im dense, but thats what the wording indicates to me, that theres a pull off in all classes. Maybe it needs to be explicit and read "Top 3 past 300 feet will participate in the pull off. In the event that it occurs, all competitors that exceed 320 feet will participate in the pull off."

Also,
All vehicles will be red flagged if they exceed 320 feet. Flagpersons at the end of the track need to be extra careful not to throw the flag too quickly and be extra aware of where 320 feet is. I can only imagine the frustration it could present if a flagperson flagged a vehicle and it only went 318 and it's in fourth place at the end of the class. Puller is frustrated with the flagperson and the flagperson is frustrated with theirself, even when its an honest mistake that anyone can make.

Correct me if Im wrong, won't be the first time Winking

Simplify by doing this September 21, 2010 11:55AM
Why not just make a rule that says only the top 3 distances past 300 will come back. That simplifies the matter and erases any grey area.

Re: Simplify by doing this September 21, 2010 01:59PM
isnt that what it was a few years ago with the 310 rule that the top three past 310 come back or am i crazy

Lot of good the divisional comittees did September 21, 2010 04:52AM
Were any rules clarified for the light pro stock class? So are sled operators going to set the sled for 310 or is 320 now the full pull mark? "If three or more competitors exceed 320 feet, only competitors past 320 feet will come back in the pull off?" That is the same wording as the old 310 rule except now the distance is 320. So I suppose at BG now you'll have 50 trucks in a class and 15 of them going 320 plus because the sled operators won't be able to wrap their head around the rule? Did they determine what an OEM type head is, what about the G trim wheel rule the light pro guys proposed? To bad NTPA thinks it's necessary for all the pullers to travel, but maybe that's how Dave and Larry like it so they can just keep doing whatever the heck they want and run the sport into the damned ground.

Re: Lot of good the divisional comittees did September 21, 2010 05:39AM
whats so hard about making the track 320,and everyone past that is in a pulloff.less than 320 your not in .like it has been traditionally,your either in or out and no bump spots.aas far as the cast head rule,i would think that most all pullers who would be thinking about jumping in this class,would be having second thoughts due to the huge performance variables in the cylinder head ruling as it stands.

Re: Lot of good the divisional comittees did September 21, 2010 12:59PM
if super farm have to run and oem ag head and light pro have to run an oem ag head but the light pro can recast ANY head they want does that mean any super farm can recast ANY head they want too? ntpa makes it clear as mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lot of good the divisional comittees did September 22, 2010 01:30AM
It is unfortunate that there was no clarification of any kind on the Light Pro cylinder head issue. Guess we'll see what happens next year, but I have to agree that it should make interested parties think twice about what to do.

A National club like NTPA should be somewhat of a benchmark for smaller clubs to take direction from, but I have to say that over the last few years, that is certainly not the case. Just like a corrupt government (AND WE'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, HAVE WE!!!), it appears there are a few people in power that make all the key decisions for many, with influence from a handful of selected participants.

Re: Lot of good the divisional comittees did September 22, 2010 12:55PM
(pg. 55) Light Pro: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type for that brand engine (No billet)

(pg. 55) Limited Pro: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type for that brand engine

(pg. 56) Super Farm: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type for that brand engine

(pg. 58) Pro Farm: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type (no aftermarket head) for that brand engine

what head can you run on a ntpa super farm September 22, 2010 01:07PM
now what head can pullers run on there super farms????????????????????look like the same head as the lt pro stocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pg. 55) Light Pro: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type for that brand engine (No billet)

(pg. 55) Limited Pro: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type for that brand engine

(pg. 56) Super Farm: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type for that brand engine

(pg. 58) Pro Farm: Engine head must be OEM agricultural-type (no aftermarket head) for that brand engine

Re: what head can you run on a ntpa super farm September 22, 2010 01:54PM
So if there was someone running a "Hyper" re-cast head (like maybe the old "Pro" head), how is that OEM in LIGHT PRO (if in fact this is really happening like so many have said)??? This or any other "re-cast" head would never have been offered as OEM, so how should/could it be allowed?

The rule seems pretty clear, but then again, it doesn't say no re-cast heads. There will always be those who read it as what the rule doesn't say.

Re: what head can you run on a ntpa super farm September 23, 2010 12:12AM
Let me put it to you this way. There is the rule book and then there is the rules according to Richwine and company. They regard the big recast Hyper heads as oem replacements. What a joke. So yes put em on your superfarm . Hyper writes a big check.

Re: what head can you run on a ntpa super farm September 24, 2010 12:52AM
NTPA CAN NOT interpret the same wording differently in any of those classes. So now that the rules are set for 2011 the NTPA can either:

- Enforce the rules as written in ALL those classes (“OEM agricultural type” is pretty clearly defined in my opinion)
or
- You allow anyone to run ANY cast head in ALL those classes (including Hyper’s big head, or any other cast head from the foundry of the pullers choosing).

Either let the policing begin, or let the casting begin! The rules are quite clear in my opinion so it’s up to the NTPA to actually enforce their own rules. I think it’s quite sad, and a very very bad sign if the NTPA decides to NOT police according to their own rule book. Either enforce what’s written, or change the writing, but don’t pretend there’s gray area when there clearly isn’t.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: what head can you run on a ntpa super farm September 24, 2010 05:39AM
Well, in 2 of the 4 classes they deemed it necessary to add "no billet" and "Oem only" qualifiers, so reading what is not there I would say that billet & recast heads are OK in Lim Pro & Superfarm as long as they are of OEM configuration. Especially since they have already ok'ed a recast head in the "no billet" class. I personally don't agree or think it's best, but they didn't ask me! Smiling

Re: what head can you run on a ntpa super farm September 24, 2010 05:49AM
what will be considered oem configured. The hyper head doesnt look oem.

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 21, 2010 05:41AM
What were the overdrive limits last year in the RG mod class. What really changed thanks for any info!

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 21, 2010 01:06PM
What ever happened to 300' is a full pull? What is so wrong with having a winner at 285 feet? Floating finishes are fine for a pull off, go ahead chalk it out to 320'. Just set the sled a little heavier than they have been lately and see who has the power and traction to get it out the end. Anyone that has enough tractor to get it past 300' should get to come back. If the test puller for an evening session pulls 270' so be it; the track should get better and he can drop to the back. Make 300' mean something, not 310, not 320, or whatever. The current rules may make sense to the regulars of pulling, but anyone watching for the first time can easily become lost in the muddy waters of the pull off rule, since it varies not only from each sanctioning body, but from track to track, i.e. BG's bubble rule. Keep it simple with the 300' full pull rule.

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 21, 2010 02:11PM
AMEN!!!!!! You don't see NHRA have 3/8 mile drags...it stays 1/4 mile.

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 22, 2010 02:36AM
Not entirely true. Some classes only run 1000 feet and some are or will be limited to 1/8 mile only. JW

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 21, 2010 02:12PM
Out here in Outlaw country pulloffs are pretty much a thing of the past..The floating finish works just fine and both the pullers and fans like it. Sometimes the winning distance is under 300 ft and sometimes its well over 300 ft.Its pretty simple for the fans to figure it out.Whomever drags it the farthest the first time wins.

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 21, 2010 01:33PM
37 for hemis and 50 for big chiefs
doc got the hemis castrated, now he's after Gman too

External Cam?? September 21, 2010 03:27PM
I may be missing something, but what the heck is the cam rule about? Who has ever tried to run an external cam?

Re: External Cam?? September 21, 2010 03:48PM
External means overhead cam. Most of your USS are that way for instance. I think one of the first people to try it was Ken and Mike Smith back in the 80's when they mated a IH head to a JD block

Re: External Cam?? September 22, 2010 01:01AM
I believe this came about because of a tractor (possibly Moline?) in Wisc.

Re: External Cam?? September 23, 2010 05:42AM
Call Kendall, he will tell you all about this rule. He got caught in Mn. back in 2009, havent seen him since.

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 22, 2010 12:18AM
Who lobbied for no over head cam in Diesel SS?

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: The following rules go in effect for the 2011 NTPA season September 23, 2010 07:53AM
Jr,

I emailed Richwine yesterday. The OHC diesel supers are only allowed to pull GN with this rule.
I didn't ask who lobbied for the rule (it wasnt on the committee proposal list a few weeks ago).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009