VW clutches September 25, 2010 09:34AM
Is anyone visiting this sight running VW clutches in there garden pullers. I would like to talk to someone experienced in using them. I am currently running one behind a 45cid open single cylinder and its not working like I want it to. Thanks for any help.

Re: VW clutches September 25, 2010 10:02AM
over on midwest new forum pages,a guy named dennis bazzett was talking about using one on a wisconsin sa setup.have you tried vogel,i think he still handels them some.

Re: VW clutches September 25, 2010 11:34AM
I couldn't remember my log in so hence the "open single puller" name. I like the VW clutch but just cant get it to slip like I want it to. Chuck doesn't offer anything for them anymore. I am going to redo my clutch pedal and linkage this winter so i can get a longer throw in my pedal and possibly some more pedal control. I want to try a 4 puck vw disk with a stock pressure plate. I do not know however the general rule about suface area and what happens when you would go from a complete organic clutch disk to a 4 puck ceramic. Would there be more slippage availible or less using the same psi plate on both.

This is my ride. Big cid AGND wisconsin, vw clutch and a 4 speed setup. Vogel cam, custom billet rod, steel cam and custom piston. 23-26 gear.

Re: VW clutches September 27, 2010 11:06AM
We've been running a vw setup in a 63 cu in super stock for a few years now. We really like it, can't always slip it as much as we want, but thats part of the game. Had to go with the Sachs pressure plate and disk. e-mail me, I can get you part numbers and try to remember where I got them. I like your ride, unique is good!

Re: VW clutches September 25, 2010 10:54AM
I ran one on a pro stock Kohler about 10-15 years ago. I used an aftermarket VW flywheel and clutch kit. I don't remember what brand it was but it was certified for NHRA drag racing. I had a local machine shop make the crank adapter.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009