When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 05:19AM
Here is something to do to get a "rush" when you tire of tractor pulling. Watch it all the way through, it goes from animation to live.

Your next hobby

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 06:23AM
WOW!!!! Those guys have nards the size of boulders............

I'm a pole skinner from way back and a 70 footer was plenty for me.

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 06:50AM
I tend to keep my feet on the ground. But that will give the ticker a workout if you hate heights.
I think Paige needs to watch this.
Mike

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 08:49AM
i got queezy watching it,im not into heights.

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 09:25AM
I will stick to tractor pulling! I don't think I would have got off the elevator ride. It's amazing what some people can do though.

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 09:48AM
Where do I sign up for that job? The higher the better! Should be some awesome hazard pay with that job! Just think of the new toys for the pullin tractor!javascript:Smoking

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 12:12PM
I literally lost my stomach watching this, not cut out for that job.

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 01:23PM
Those guys better get paid good. I was getting dizzy watching that. Its got to be one awsome view though.

if you liked that try this! October 05, 2010 01:45PM
Hot wire act!!

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 01:42PM
No way. Makes me dizzy just watching it. Cleaning the gutters of my 1 story house is enough for me.

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 05, 2010 01:46PM
I guess some people don't mind anything, just don't see this job in my future or past.

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 06, 2010 12:40AM
OMG! I couldn't even finish the whole video. What did he do when he got to the top. I quit when he got to the antenna. My stomach was turning. Seriously. JW

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 06, 2010 01:23AM
Free climb that!?!? No $%#@ing way! I'll stick to whitewater rafting and vintage chainsaws in the off-season, thank you very much!

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 06, 2010 06:58AM
Glad to see I wasnt the only who couldnt stomach this video.Holy smokes, I tip my hat to whoever has the cajones to climb those towers,me, well I will stay right here on good ole terra firma

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 06, 2010 02:58PM
Climbing our 75 ft grain leg thats tied down with 4 corner cables is scary enough for me,that leg still sways in the wind.Can you imagine the sway on that piece of pipe?..Also i got the willys each time he was reaching for the next rung of bolts,let alone wondering why the next one he might grab would bend.Plus tying off to some of those things,then you also have the extra weight of the guy following him steadying his tool bag.How much sway you reckon there was?....

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 07, 2010 12:28PM
the scary part is those pieces of that tower are tendered out, and the lowest price gets the job of building it.I would hope the person welding it up didnt start welding two weeks ago lol

another thought? October 07, 2010 11:20PM
My questions is, how did they build it?
lower the pieces with a helicopter?

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 12, 2010 12:41PM
The next problem I see is climbing down! I would think the arms would start to get a little tired

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 08, 2010 06:30AM
Where did it go? Yahoo says the video is no longer available. JW

Re: New link for Bandit October 10, 2010 01:58PM
Hi Jim,found the video on a different site,plus some other videos if you scroll down the page.Heres the link for the tower climber <[www.flixxy.com] . And heres a link i thought was neat,it's a railroad track rebuilder or builder.It picks up the rails,old ties,puts new ones down,packs the bed etc. <[www.flixxy.com] .

PS,the links only showup as "flixxy.com" but if you run your arrow over them the true link address shows up at the bottom of the page,Randy.

Re: New link for Bandit October 11, 2010 01:43AM
NOPE! Removed from this site also. Thanks for trying to keep that one alive. JW

Re: When you tire of tractor pulling October 08, 2010 01:34PM
It says his toolbag weighs 30 pounds. Being willing to climb that says it's not the only 30 pound bag he's got.

Re: Hey JW... October 11, 2010 06:32AM
Hi Jim,i just tried the link in my previous message to you and it still worked for me.Maybe since i have been to the page before it is somehow stored in my computer?.Heck i don't know,these things can blow your mind at times. Try going to the main page and do a search like here - [www.flixxy.com] and search for " Stairway to Heaven Climbing a 1786 ft Tower" and the other video is "Train Laying Its Own Track".I just tried the search and it brought up a link to the tower climb...If this don't work,i am out of answers,which doesn't take much LOL. Randy.

Re: Hey JW... October 12, 2010 12:56AM
OFB< found it last night only with my dial up at home it is impossible to watch. I will try it here at "work". The only way to be desensitized is to watch it again and again. I still was queazy just what little came through last night (first minute and 42). JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM