OH/PA Profarm October 05, 2010 12:37PM
Local show choices from ONE person on the planning side. What I see.

Tractors
Stock; Out of hand. Big motors and who knows what safety equipment. Can't check your motor size= SPEED LIMIT. No clutch inspection=TACH MONITOR. Wheelie bars would be a good idea. I don't want to ignore the local guy that wants to play. Promoters need to band together to fix this class.

Non Turbo Mod Stock: Dwindling numbers due to conflicting rules between areas and groups.Could use a group like COTPA to organize safety and rules.

Div 5 Classic SS; 531cu,small charger, full safety. Comes with a safety program. And a solid number of tractors.

Super Farm, LPS; Again no safety program on local tractors. Numbers erratic, but generally the biggest we get in our area.

I know there are more classes, but I think you get the idea of the decisions we have to make.I used group names for reference only.

Sense a theme here? Promoters rely on pullers to be up on safety. We do not know what is spinning in there. Groups with safety programs will be more likely to get noticed. Even the locals need to think like the state groups.
When I look at the motor suggestions, I see variations of what exist.
Standing on the track I expect to see a difference in performance between classes.
Haven't even approached Pickups and Semis that are a crowd pleaser these days.
I don't see any rules working without an organized group presenting a solid plan. Many sounded like they wanted to run like a local LPS. I supect you will need to displace another class to get on most programs. Time to duck.

Re: OH/PA Profarm October 05, 2010 11:29PM
Oilfarmer I do agree with you on so called stock or hot stock tractor classes. They are out of control, from even county to county, state to state. Last year I was at the Fair in Lancaster, Ohio. They pull a hot farm class, I found out later the rules say 3x3 turbo. These tractors were not running 3x3 turbos, more like 4.1's cause a few of the tractor were turning BIG rpms. I'm making the trip again this year to see what kinda so called hot farm iron they bring in.

You mention the copta classic super class, it is a good class. They also have the light pro class thats also a good class. You can't go wrong with using COTPA rules

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,747, Posts: 229,890, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,994.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM