Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 06, 2010 06:50AM
The next meeting for the club will be Friday October 8th starting 7PM at the Ellenburg Center Fire Department in Ellenburg Center, NY. This will be the annual rule propsal month for the 2011 season. This meeting we will only be propsing rules they will be voted on next month. To be able to attend this meeting you must a yearly member of club in good standing. Everyone attending the meeting will be required to present there membership card at the door.

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 06, 2010 03:54PM
I have never heard of anything so bogus in my life that you need to present a membership card at the door to attend a meeting, maybe the club should think about requiring to give out membership cards when you pay your membership, furthermore have a record of who there members are. I'm quite sure that this club requires membership to hook to their sled and they don't even enforce that. I knwo that for a fact. With the lack of organization that goes on in this club, and with all the turn over there has been, it sounds to me like you don't want people at your meetings, pretty soon you won't have anyone at your events. Realisticly how many people do you think are gonna show up with membership cards, someone better be outside the door to fill them out for the bus load of people coming from VT.

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 07, 2010 12:08AM
Great response Chief!

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 07, 2010 05:59AM
Hey Chief there was membership cards that were handed out for members when they got a YEARLY membership. What is bogus about needing to present your membership card for the meeting if you have one and you are a member of the club there shouldn't be such a problem with presenting them. So you know there is a record of all the members of the club remember filling out the forms when you got your membership. If you so worried about all the turn over in the club should come to the other meetings and see whats going on. As for the bus load of people that coming with you from Vermont there or may or may not be doing membership. Cause to my understanding you are only able to get a yearly membership during the pulling season.

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 07, 2010 09:51AM
I am pretty shure that chief is a yearly member of your club because as far as i know he and his family are at every pull that you guys are present at. I spoke to him this morning in fact and I know that he does not have a membership card due to the fact that he was not given one when he signed up. I cant believe that somebody that goes to every single pull through the season will be turned away at the door. Also it is not that hard to missplace a piece of paper that is the size of a business card when you are in the middle of getting ready for a pull. Also what if somebody shows up that only pulled at one pull this year but is planning on pulling more next year and did not feel the need to get a yearly membership but wants to attend the meeting to have some input on what will happen next year.

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 07, 2010 02:58PM
Must be they want the club to be like it was 10 years ago. Only about 10 Tractors. I don't have a yearly membership this year because my tractor was not done in time. But planned on pulling next year so I guess I can't go either. Maybe the rumors of another club starting will be true....

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 07, 2010 05:02PM
I can't believe the narrow mindedness of this club If it is a rule making meeting with no voting it should not matter what is this a meeting of the secret masons. I know you can not sit there and say you know that every puller got a card when there was money disapering right under your damn noses. I would love to pull with this club but it is such a hassle to deal with them sometimes I can't stand to. Why would you turn a way ptential pullers and others that may have a valid opinion to make the show run better or help keep the tractors safer. Oh wait I forgot outside inout is the devil we need to lay our heads in the sand and pretend like we have it all figured out. nothing good has ever come from anyone not smart enough to be part of your "secret sociaty of the elite minds of pulling that know all and need no added input" due to a masive knoledge base of upstate new york. As for cheif he deserves respect ask any actual tractor puller I bet he has help 1 in 3 of them at some point to get them to your fail boat shows.

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 08, 2010 05:26AM
My point exactly Travis, pullers like you and Robby Burns should definitely be apart of our conversation, as we hope that you both are part of the superfarm/limited pro class next year. I know the club has 300 plus members, but since we don't send out news letters and our website is not kept up to date I would dare bet that two thirds of the members don't even know there is a meeting tonight. By the way updating the website two or three days before the meeting is not considered having the website up to date. I say just come, I believe these are public meetings, what are they gonna do lock the door. The reason most clubs like this charge twenty dollar membership fees is to cover the cost of postage and materials to send out the newsletters with the minutes of the previous meeting to all the members. Membership should be free to this organization since they do none of that. Oh by the way I did find a 2010 membership card, I do have a few extras if someone needs one.

Re: Adirondack Truck & Tractor Pullers Assocation Meeting October 10, 2010 10:18AM
What was said at the meeting? When you dont know there is a meeting its hard to attend. I live almost 4 hours from where the meetings are held so its a near daytrip for me to attend one. Why are the meetings held so far north? There has to be a more centralised location for these meetings.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009