Zorn shop fire? October 07, 2010 02:11PM
Any truth to the rumor that Zorn's lost their tractor today in a fire? If it is true, I am very sad to hear it!

Re: Zorn shop fire? October 07, 2010 02:12PM
Just got word about it too. Hate to hear that news. Hope it is just a rumor!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Zorn shop fire? October 07, 2010 02:21PM
Yeah, it just turns my stomach to think about it. I truly feel for them and pray that nobody was hurt.

Re: Zorn shop fire? October 07, 2010 02:53PM
I think the one misirable witch is stored there also...To bad it happened. I hope no one was hurt

Re: Zorn shop fire? October 07, 2010 03:29PM
[www.syracuse.com]

Thank God no one was hurt, not sure if both tractors were there or not.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 07, 2010 03:57PM
no one hurt but very sad news they are a class act. ynn linkhttp://centralny.ynn.com/content/top_stories/519893/welding-work-sparks-fire-in-cazenovia-barn/?ap=1&MP4

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 07, 2010 10:42PM
this is sad news, I hope they have insurance to rebuild, and I hope nobody was injured, have always heard good things about these guys.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 07, 2010 11:41PM
I do not personally know these pullers, but feel their pain. We lost 2 pulling trucks and a classic car along w/all of our extra pulling parts 9 years ago in a huge shop fire. their pic of the aftermath posted here looks all too familiar.
Most importantly, lets just hope that there were no people injured in their fire...

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 12:50AM
I spoke to the folks that own the building this morning and they said both Zorn's and Lewis' tractors were in the building. Damage unknown, but from pictures on YNN, it doesn't look good. Tough to see things like this happen to such nice people.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 12:53AM
whta did they pull any pictures of the tractor before burning

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 12:59AM
[www.nytpa.com]

Here ya go

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 01:04AM
I have seen a picture of Zorn's Snoopy after the fire. It looks like a HOT fire. Anything that would have been aluminum is gone. I am guessing it is a total loss. Do not know about the Miserable Witch. If it was in the fire I would guess that it is in similar condition.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 01:22AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Snoopy II and One Miserable Witch teams. Hope to see you back soon.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 01:31AM
Rob & Jim sorry to hear about the fire and your tractor please let us know if we can help out in any way. The Weaver Family

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 02:14AM
The really sad part will be when they deal with the insurance company. Unless they had the tractor appraised and paid accordingly for that amount, the insurance company will only reimburse them for the value of a 1066. Pennies on the dollar for what they have invested.

Who appraises? October 08, 2010 02:38AM
Who would appraise a pulling tractor and for what reason? I do not know how to insure the tractor for a fire like this.

Re: Who appraises? October 08, 2010 05:15AM
We were very sorry to hear about this. Saw the smoke but never imagined that this would be the outcome. Both teams are great people with quality tractors.
I called our insurance company and did not get much from them. He is saying that we would need an inland marine policy written to cover because it is a competition vehicle. Does anyone have coverage for this type of thing? This fire certainly opens your eyes to what can happen. Any ideas would be appreciated.

If you guys need anything, call us we are not far away.

Re: Who appraises? October 08, 2010 05:34AM
I am also sorry for their losses.

One way I have heard would work is to have the party that owns the shed or shop, have a rider on their shop policy to cover "customers" loss (shop owner acting as a mechanic at nights). But that would have to mean someone else owned the items lost.

Re: Who appraises? October 08, 2010 06:31AM
K&K Insurance will insure it for your set value. Its covered while in the garage and while on your trailor for transport.

Re: Who appraises? October 08, 2010 09:40AM
I actually can appraise your tractors. I'm one of the few people in the country that has spent the hours and education to be able to say that I can appraise equipement. For more information go to www.hardestyappraisals.com I would love to help any way that I can. To bad for the Zorns, a fire loss is always tough. Our prayers will be with you guys.

Jarrett Hardesty

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 03:57AM
very sad news, sorry to hear. if there is anything we can do let us no, anything. the Kupiec Family

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 05:41AM
sorry to hear about your fire and loss. If there's anything we can do, don't be afraid to ask. The cole Family

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 05:58AM
You would have to get a motorsports policy through k&k it goes by an agreed value on engine and chassis minimum premium i believe is 1,000 a year but again cheap for a 100k+ investment.. Coming from someone who sells insurance they are a very in depth and good policy they know what they are doing... it is basically a storage and transit policy.
[www.kandkinsurance.com]
Thats the link that they talk about the coverages.
I know if you live in indiana you can get with indiana farm bureau as we write through k&k

Sorry for your loss

Justin Shireman

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 08:08AM
A terrible thing to happen to a bunch of class act guys.Well respected all across the country.Top notch tractors and top notch competators.Hopefully no one got hurt.I know everything looks bad,hopefully there is some parts and pieces that can be saved.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 10:25AM
yes, K&K Insurance Inc. is the only way to go...like a prior post said, it is not cheap, but once you go through something like this and get NOTHING, the correct insurance is definately money well spent. You can set your own stated value $ and they also cover haulers, extra parts and tools, etc.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 11:23AM
Rob And tom, were very sorry to hear about such a loss. Both of you and your familys are class act in pulling. its horrible thing to happen to such nice people. if theres any thing we can do let us know,
Mark And Ben Cook,

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 12:00PM
So sorry to hear about the fire guys. Very sad to read about something like this. Hope no one got hurt and everyone is doing as good as possible. Rodney

K&K insurance October 08, 2010 12:26PM
I write K&K insurance in NY.
Another thing people do not think about is Liability while they are at home. There is liability exposure that your homeowners insurance will not cover. Some one is there helping you and they run a finger through the fan belt or anything relating to the tractor. Your Homeowners policy is not going to cover, some commercial policies & farm policies will not either.

I know of a number of tractors that have burnt up over the years that were not insured.

BTW; K&K insurance actually is rather inexpensive, compare it to other commercial insurance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 12:29PM by Policy Peddler.

Re: Zorn shop fire? sad news October 08, 2010 12:52PM
awful newsthank god no one was hurt great bunch of guys good luck getting back on your feet sincerly THE FERRY FAMILY

Pic of Snoopy October 08, 2010 01:07PM
Picture of whats left of SnoopyII

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 08, 2010 01:20PM
Doesn't that picture just make you sick? All that time and effort, sorry for the loss guys hope you get back on your feet soon.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 08, 2010 01:37PM
Last got to see Snoopy win at Greenwich and Schaighticoke- as it won every time ESP and NYTPA Super farm class I can only imagine from this picture the heart break the Zorns must feel. Also I assume the it must be similar heart break with the Weidman's and their driver if that tractor looks like this one. So sad the top 2 Super Farms in 2010 in the NYTPA.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 11:06AM
To the Zorn Family,
Very sorry to hear about the fire and your loss of your beautiful Super Farm tractor.
Just happy to hear no one got hurt. Good luck and I'm sure you guys will be back.
Take care

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 08, 2010 01:27PM
Thank you to all for the kind words and offers to help. We want you to know that this is deeply appreciated. Tom and Rob

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 12:11AM
thank god nobody got hurt..its real sad looking at the pictures and seeing what is left of snoopy 2. we are thinking of you guys. if you need anything dont be afraid to contact us.we are not that far away.
H. Barraclough

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 12:34AM
Sorry for your loss guys we are all thinking of you.

Thompson Motorsports

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 01:23AM
Rob and Tom sorry for loss if there is anything we can do to help don't be affraid to call 607-765-7848, didn't believe it my self when i heard about it. sorry guys.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 04:16AM
just wondering if one miserable witch was in the barn or did it escape damage? haven't seen a picture of it my thoughts go out to all involved

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 04:38AM
how did the fire start? I'm sure that will be looked into! Sorry for the loss! That kind of makes me sick to see! Ed Guenther.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 10:00AM
according to the local news its says it was started by somebody welding

Re: Thanks October 09, 2010 12:37PM
From Mary Weidman: Thank You for your calls and support. She stated one response might be "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, The Wicked Witch is Dead". In this world if you have a choice of laughing or crying, laugh, always laugh. None of our friends were hurt, everything else is just "stuff". We loved The Witch but we love our friends more.

Re: Thanks October 17, 2010 06:04AM
We may be a sick bunch, but, these machines are an extension of our personality. Countless hours of preparation and passion are poured into these projects! The rewards are a sense of personal accomplishment and the fans applause. All the best to Mary, Jim, Rob & Tom. Thankfully the losses are only material! Huge nevertheless! Take a deep breath and follow your hearts folks! You've got the know how! Hopefully the $ and fortitude come along!
Pete

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 09, 2010 02:27PM
granted it was the grapevine but i was told rob was in the shop welding at the time and exhausted all extinguishers in the shop and the fire took off. i may not be 100% but thats the tale that made it to me south texas

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 10, 2010 09:02AM
We too were sorry for their loss and our thoughts and prayers are with all parties involved. I got to know the families in the short time my husband pulled this summer, and they all are wonderful people. We are glad that Rob is OK. In the stories I have heard, I believe there are some mixed blessings involved in this whole thing. We are glad you are still with us Rob. Again, if you need anything please let us know. Natalie McKnight

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 10, 2010 11:54AM
You people act like somebody died!!! Get over it.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 10, 2010 12:55PM
Until you are a puller and have actually experienced this firsthand, you have no idea how devasting it is...it may take them a long time to "get over it"...
Again, just glad that everyone is ok physically -- we are praying for you and your family.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 10, 2010 01:53PM
te80,im agreed. the zorn's and weidman's are some of the nicest people in the sport. jeff, how would you feel if you just lost a $100,000?? plus all the blood,sweat,tears,and jubilation involved with the snoopy 2. it is an end of an era in new york super farms.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 10, 2010 03:18PM
It truly is a very bad deal, but its all material things and all can be replaced bigger and better than before.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 10, 2010 11:38PM
hopefully they had the correct insurance...if not, bigger or better may not be an option.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 11, 2010 12:55AM
Awfully sorry to hear about there loss, Hopefully they will be able to return in some form. Always good guys to have at a pull

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 12, 2010 01:21AM
I'm certain that SNOOPY was a part of the family even if it was a material thing. You put that much time and hard work in it, it tends to be a part of you. Never mind that the ZORNS had three national titles and many state titles and more. You always knew that the Zorns and Snoopy would always bring their A game to every pull. So yes it might be a material thing, but being a puller, I am certian that Snoopy was a part of the family. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 11, 2010 11:19AM
I feel so bad for snopy two.SadSad

Re: Pic of Snoopy October 12, 2010 09:59AM
Zorny. that @#$%& sucks Don't let this stop you guys.

Re: Zorn shop fire? October 11, 2010 01:28AM
I believe their father bought that tractor brand new from Lucas's years ago so sometimes a tractor is more than just a tractor and you can feel bad for peoples loss. Hell I am going to feel bad by not getting to see a three time Grand National championship tractor pull all over New York. I hope that Rob and Tom are going to rebuild it.

Re: Zorn shop fire? October 11, 2010 01:48AM
Very sorry to hear about the fire and the damage done to Snoopy II . I sure have a lot of good memories pulling with you guys back in the day. Maybe some day we can do it again!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009