New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 05:45AM
Got a great surprise in the mailbox today. An application for the tracator pull at Kemper Arena during the Western Farm Show. It is on Friday and Saturday night February 25th & 26th. I think this is 1 week after the Louisville Pull. 9 classes and some real good money. Out here they call the Wisner, NE pull the Bowling Green of the West, this pull might be the Louisville of the West.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 06:30AM
Is Outlaws promoting it ?

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 06:43AM
Do not think it is limited to just Outlaw pullers, but the letter says they are using Outlaw rules. They will probally take some local pullers if they meet the rules. They are sure paying good money in every class. All classes are from $5550 to $6150 each. $1000 to win then 900, 800, 700 ,600,500,400,300,200, and all the rest 150. 4 classes on Friday and 5 on Saturday.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 07:47AM
i wonder what classes they will have?

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 08:42AM
id like to see minis

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 09:40AM
Friday, Feb 25th

6200# Pro Stock Pick Ups - 10 Vehicles
Light Super Stock - Alky 6100# Diesel 6400# -14
6200# Mod 2wds - 12
9500# Lim Pro Stock Tractor - 14

Saturday Feb 26th

6200# Mod 4wds 10
8200# Diesel Duper Stock Tractors - 14
7400# Mod tractors - 10
9200# Super Farm 14
10000# Pro Stock Tractors - 12 Vehicles

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 10:10AM
Where does 14 prostocks come from? Might be 12 if all are running

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 10:16AM
Looks like they have there stuff together. Notice all the big classes (14 vehicles) are smoking tractor class. This is what most of the farmers want to see. Still had enough sense to keep the noise classes including 4wd trucks. Has a pro stock truck ever pulled for $1000 to win? Should be one heck of a pull and I bet some people will skip Louisville and save some money this year.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 01:24PM
I see Outlaws has posted everything on its website, including application form for Kansas City pull. Big surprise they are starting Semi truck class. That class will go over huge out here as no one has them.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 01:52PM
Yup, He's promoting a semi truck class, But still tries his hardest to keep the unlimited class out,Maybe if he would make the rules match the rest of the country that class could grow too, Make it a Heavy Class with overhead cams or adopt the NTPA light rules with 504 pushrod motors but he claims this is not what the promoters want ? I feel there is room for both a Light Super as Outlaw has it and a Componet 504 but Im sure if we ask there are some stats with numbers that prove me wrong, All I am saying I wish he would give the class a chance with some new blood like he did with limited pro and now with the trucks

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 09:54PM
Doug has given that class every chance in the world. Books it every year and only 2 to 4 show up. Anyone else would have giving up on that class and I do not know why he still offers it to promoters. He let the class make thier own rules and nothing seems to work. At the pull this summer about 10 miles from Kemper Arena 4 showed up. He has always said the Light Super Stocks have too many hooks, but the Unlimited Super Stocks will not show up and that makes it hard for a promoter to switch classes and take some of the load of the Light Supers. You sure cant blame Doug for the messed up Unlimited class.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 02:33PM
I think this is an awsome thing for outlaws!!! I done see any other clubs going out and getting any big indoor pulls... way to go Doug!!!!!!!!!

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 05:05PM
Why will there be no unlimiteds? I don't see anything wrong with the class, I am sure that if you had a pull like that you would be pushing 15 tractors there. Wisner was close this year with many other ones at bowling green.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 10:06PM
A course you would have plenty at a indoor pull in February. Wisner did have 9 this year and that was the most they ever had. Yet all the other hooks had 2 to 4 show up. So what are you saying, Doug should reward them for hooking with everone else except Outlaws when their is a conflict with other associations all summer and then have them at the Western Farm Show this winter. I would say if they support Outlaws, Outlaws would support them. My 2 cents worth.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 14, 2010 02:46AM
Ditto, Great job Doug, 10 years of work finally paid off. Also thanks for the 12 years of hard work for Outlaws.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 12, 2010 06:25PM
At first glance the PS semi rules look really good!
The statement that fair boards have been asking for the class the last few years is a mild understatement!
Some of the ones I have worked with have been asking for over 8 years.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 13, 2010 12:03AM
I googled up Kemper Arena and that is one nice facility with a great history. It looks alot like freedom hall with box suits and 3 levels. Maybe someone can post the link on here like a earlier poster did on the farm show. My computer skills are limited.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 14, 2010 07:34AM
Now Harold, Just send them over to the Outlaws, we will take care of them. That's right.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 13, 2010 01:24AM
That no outlaw tractors will be in louisville??? Seems as if several of them go home broken from l-ville, that would severely hurt the kemper show!

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 13, 2010 03:53AM
What are the Mod rules or engine limits for this event ? Are Turbines allowed in this arena ? As I recall Louisville doesn't allow turbines.

track length October 13, 2010 05:11AM
Does anyone know what the track length will be?
Is it comparable to Louisville?

I have not heard anything about the turbines not being able to run, so I'm assuming they can.

I can't wait, I hope this place has ceiling tiles, I always wanted to knock'm downGrinning

Re: track length October 13, 2010 08:58AM
The way you turn them Chebby's you'll knock them down for sure. So will the turbines.
I think L'ville still allows turbines. Just none apply.

Re: track length October 13, 2010 10:23AM
Talked to Doug and he thought just a little longer than Loisville. 265 feet puts it in the sand.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 13, 2010 01:21PM
Any Ticket prices yet? Are they going to have a pit area? Kinda like Broadband?

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 14, 2010 01:16AM
Are they having Whatssmokin Promotions do the track and smoke?

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 14, 2010 09:54PM
I see the deadline for applications is November 1st. When will people know if they are accepted to pull and will they post that.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 17, 2010 06:10PM
Most of the time we know who got into Louisville by the Outlaw banquet, which is the weekend before Thanksgiving. I would think the same thing for Kansas City.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 18, 2010 08:18AM
The Western Farm Show has updated thier website with a tractor pull section. Ticket prices and when they will post the drivers for this years pull. Looks great and this pull is good for the midwest.

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 19, 2010 11:42AM
So how does the entry fee work out? Will they reimburse you if you aren't selected? Seems like $150 to get denied is a really good money making scheme!

Re: New pull at Western Farm Show in Kemper Arena October 19, 2010 08:24PM
Yeah, Louisville does the same thing, if you don't get picked, you get your money back.

Hotels close to Kemper Arena October 19, 2010 06:07AM
Does anyone have any reccommendations for hotels in the Kansas City area that are close to Kemper Arena? I have never been to KC, so wanting some insight to a hotel in a clean, safe area! Thanks!

Re: Hotels close to Kemper Arena October 19, 2010 02:22PM
www.crowncenter.com

A great place to stay in Kansas City if your traveling without pulling rigs and are just coming to watch. There is lots of different restaurants and shopping places to check out. Its about 5-10 mins from kemper arena.

www.countryclubplaza.com
By far one of the most unique, historic, and beautiful places in the midwest. Lots of neat buildings, shopping and food. About 15 min from Kemper. Located in the heart of Kansas City. Very safe place to visit. You won't be disappointed staying down there. Your wife will love you for that decision.

www.visitthedot.com/village_west/index.html

Village west is the area out on the west side of Kansas City that houses the Kansas Speedway, the Legends outdoor mall, Nebraska Furniture Mart and many restaurants. This is probably going to be the best area of town to stay in with big rigs. Most of the hotels have plenty of parking. The area is located about 10-15 mins straight west of Kemper on I-70 and 435 on the Kansas side. All the web links have links to various lodging. IF you have kids Village west is home to Great Wolf Lodge. A great spot to stay for the weekend for families.

Hope this helps.

Re: Hotels close to Kemper Arena October 19, 2010 11:35PM
Thanks to everyone interseted in the Kansas City pull. Thanks to Steve Shackelford have found some good dirt 11 miles away and are getting ready to move 80 truck loads of it to right outside Kemper Arena. The WFS said monday that they are getting in lots of entries. Carrie is working on some discounted hotels for the event and will be in the letter to the ones thaat get invited. The ones that do not will get their $150 back. If succsesful our goal is to go to 3 days in the future and add USS, Semis and diesel 4x4 trucks. Hope to see everyone at the banquet, I am in Nebraska helping the in-laws put in crops and what a difference a year makes. Everyone should be done with harvest by banquet time. Doug Roberts

Re: Hotels close to Kemper Arena October 29, 2010 05:59AM
Monday is the deadline for entries to the Kansas farm show. I wonder who will get an invite.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,951, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,035.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009