Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 12, 2010 02:07PM
To all those who may be a interested.
A small group of Pullers from Ohio and Western Pa, along with some pullers from North West Pa Pullers are planning on meeting near Gosshen Center, Bunker Hill area. We are hoping to gauge interest, and play out some scenarios that will lead us down a positive path to possibly get a group formed which we have been doing within this forum. Hopefully this will lead towards a progression in developing a agreeable set of rules to utilize for an upcoming season. Anyone who is interested in the area is more than welcome to attend. We are meeting at Kevin Martig's shop on October 21, at 8:00pm. 10210 State route 534, Beloit, Ohio 44609. We hope to see you there.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 15, 2010 06:01AM
why do we need MORE classes?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 15, 2010 06:59AM
As it's been said on here before, we don't need more classes in this area of that ilk (466/505/540/600). What needs to be done is forget about the politics of it all (Puller A doesn't want to pull against Puller B so Puller A starts another class that he is assured to win), and just get together and some how unify all the pullers that run tractors that are clearly big fish in small ponds, i.e. way too hot for farm stock. If you want to keep the costs down and the fun high, than keep the cubes lower, around 480. With that number, many colors can get in JD (359, 404, 466) IH (360, 407, 414, 436, 466), Oliver (478 Herc.), Case (401, 451), Ford (401, 456), AC (426).
No matter what rules you have, the majority of tractors are going to be IH & JD, just because of the availability of parts. By raising the cube limit, it would allow some of the off colors with their big V8 engines (MF, Oliver) or monster inline 6 (JD 531/619, anything with the 8.3 Cummins). Minne Mo made big engines, but no one is going to use one in a smoke class. When rules have a 540/600+ limit, on paper it allows all colors to compete, but in reality it excludes everyone but the JD/IH crowd since no one has been able to make a V8 diesel hang with the red and green, except for Cope's Warpath.
It all comes down to what founding father Patrick Henry said: "United we stand, divided we fall." With so many different classes of similar tractors that can't cross over due to minor differences, everybody loses due to low numbers: the pullers, the promoters, but most importantly, the fans.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 15, 2010 11:03AM
exactly! you guys need to wake up and look a littlle at classes established already. for the amount you guys are spending on farm or hot farm you could be on a div5 tractor, only have to throw a couple hundred pounds , get in on a very nice purse and tow easily with your pickup,just seems like a no brainer!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 15, 2010 04:59PM
Read the whole feed back thread. This IS about SAVING a dying Hot Farm class, and possibly adding tractors from the farmstock class that might be able to be competitive. Just read before you jump to conclusions. Please.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 16, 2010 02:16AM
Well said & can be done. The only reason the hot farm died off is because these
little local Ohio pulls allow those tractors to run as farm stock. Which creates your
big fish / little pond scenario. I blame the track judges or lack of them, more than the pullers for this happening. Hot farm was very big in this area just 3 or 4 years
ago. Many of those pullers moved on to Super Farm or limited pro. The tractors that replaced them simply stayed on in farm stock where they could dominate & spend nothing on safety equipment. The rules, (pretty good ones actually) are
still there. Western Pa. & Northwest Pa. still run the class, only difference is they
allow cut tires. A quick look at Northwest Pa. results prove that some of these
farm stock winners are right there when they run hot farm at Northwests pulls.
Three things need to happen. 1. You need to somehow get the class scheduled in
eastern Ohio. 2. Somebody at these pulls has to take a stand & refuse to allow these tractors in as farm tractors. ( I know, where do you draw the line?) And
3. Maybe most importantly, due to the crowd proximity at these pulls, you absolutely have got to force some of these tractors to put safety blankets, tie bars & wheelie bars on regardless if you call them farm stock or hot farm. I think
your real challange at this meeting is solving the limit on what can run as farm stock. The hot farm rules are already there, they just need the tractors put there. Good luck.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 16, 2010 03:50AM
just run 4mph speed limit for stock class and if you dont like that build one for the classes we already have. we dont need more classes. a majority of you guys are already putting out big money for stock just for a few bucks,trophy,or ribbon. cmon move up or back it off

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 16, 2010 05:07AM
Trying to finish building a tractor and would like to be hot farm but are finding different rules about it can anyone post what they are now. Also can you tell me if you are aloud to go to 540 or not.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 17, 2010 01:29AM
Hot farm is very genaric term. Depends on where you are. The rules we always had in
eastern Ohio & they still have in western Pa. is 640 cubes A-pump 3LM 2.9"in 3"out
open rpm. 20.8's roll bar not cage required. Western Pa. now runs cut tires, when Ohio
ran it they were uncut tires then. The 3LM. kept all engine sizes very close, without a lot
of hassle. However some areas run hot farms that are basicly super farms on 20.8's, so it depends on where you're located.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 17, 2010 03:29AM
where in eastern ohio do you pull?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 18, 2010 02:19AM
Portage, Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana, & Carroll Counties is the Ohio area generally
being referenced in this thread.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 18, 2010 04:39AM
ok so what do you pull?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 18, 2010 10:58AM
What does it matter? He knows what he's talking about. Even had the rules right and knew all the complications that came with it!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 02:11PM
Listen guys n girls this pro farm class is a joke if u want to run a big tractor in the class you can't do it how is that fair? And If you are in my shoes here in the east it took me 3 years to build my hot farm or hot stock tractor as we call it in the east and when i finally got the tractor together and spent a lot of hard earned money on it i was told i could not pull it in that class anymore because every one went to pro farm which is a 540 cube class where the hot farm was 640ci so i pulled the pro stock classes or if they had a super farm class here i pulled that but could not come close to a pro stock tractor so now I will not be pulling again for at least another year so I can build my tractor up to pull pro stock and just for get the bull of the pro farm because it has only been in here 2 years and has already changed the rules for that so many times its not funny first its a 2.4 turbo now it depends on where u pull they allow 3" and it was no cut tire and depending on where u go now they allow back cut tires so it is just as corrupt as the hot farm so in my opinion just leave it as it is and do yourself's a favor!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 02:20AM
didnt full pull ,feicht,try a class similar to this a few yrs ago.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 01:37PM
yep

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 18, 2010 02:17PM
I dont mean to over step my bounds, but aren't you guys off track with your comments lately? My thoughts on the class are that it may work. But this class would have to be incorporated into the existing Hot Farm class within a few years to survive.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 19, 2010 04:28AM
Is anyone going to this meeting? will someone let those of us know, who can't make it, what was said?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 20, 2010 05:11AM
We pull American Farm Pullers southeast ohio, northern west va. the basic rules are 585 cubes 3000 rpm hook to box when pulling 2.5 inlet 2.75 out 3lm turbo 20.8 38 tires the reason i am posting this is some of these tractors may go north and pull with eastern ohio and west pa

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 21, 2010 02:14AM
Just a reminder on the meeting tonight at Martig's. More comments on feedback pg.4.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 21, 2010 04:10PM
I was just at the pull meeting at the martig farm not many people real interesed three from pa two from ohio said they would be intersed in moving up about forty people at the meeting. martig is not the person you would want to be running the show he has no people skills his way or the high way i will park it next year before I pull were he is incharge

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA -------NW PA Pullers Hot Farm Class October 25, 2010 02:20AM
Keep in mind Northwest Pennsylvania Truck & Tractor Pullers' Hot Farm class pays 8 places and the total purse was $800 to $1,000 for 2010. Farm stock is allowed to pull at 10,500# and 3,000 rpm. Rules for Hot Farm and Farm Stock as well as 2010's schedule is still posted so you know how many hooks and where they were. www.nwpapullers.com

Jean

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA -------NW PA Pullers Hot Farm Class October 25, 2010 03:28AM
Yes, & it looks like these clowns took Northwest's rules & then tweeked them (cubic inch & r.p.m. limit
to make sure the established hot farms in the area would not be legal at these pulls. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant !)

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA -------NW PA Pullers Hot Farm Class October 25, 2010 02:03PM
Thanks Jean,
I think the direction we should be going in though, is to try to draw a better crowd of Hot Farms to NW PA Pullers, not just the "Field Fillers" to make a full class using the Farm Stock Division when they run at companion pulls.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 25, 2010 01:55PM
Rumors from the meeting. A class was designed. A pumps, 3000 RPM, 540ci, Don't remember the turbo size, Cut tires are still up in the air, All safety equipment needed; roll bar, steel flywheel, ladder bars, safety blanket. Weight classes; 10,500 and 11,000lbs. 40 to 50 people had attended, mostly to organize some rules for the Ohio pulls in and around Randolph, Columbiana, and Bunker Hill. Next year FarmStocks in Eastern Ohio will probably be paced classes. Apparenty a few of these groups had already had some meetings. My understanding, its close to the rules of North West PA Pullers Hot Farm division.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 27, 2010 07:44AM
No P-Pump aloud is a load of crap. You have to spend more money to get the same preformance with less reliability on an a-pump. All pump shops will agree. Please inlighten me with all your responses on why I and all the major pump shops in the us and abroad are all wrong. Plus you are lossing tractors in your area that could come pull with you that cant do to that rule. Listen just because an p-pump looks big and bad dosent mean you should be scared of it. Trust me someone in this class will build a big and expensive a-pump to woop everyone and if it doesnt last who cares he will just build another one. A-PUMP ONLY MAKES NO DARN SINSE!!!!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 31, 2010 12:31PM
Come to the meeting there is some changes u might like I heard now a p pump or a pump either one is going to be aloud. Listen if u want a input go to meeting Thursday nite. The rules a not to upset anyone but they are a starting point and with out input from pullers there might be something u don't like

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 21, 2010 03:19PM
rpm & charger size is the easy find on the spot run 3000 rpm set a ci at 585 mm just like the guy from se oh said you can get that out of most colors the turbo size in & out makes a big differince.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 22, 2010 12:41AM
like i said earlier pull div 5 or superfarm they already have good rules and purse and scheduled pulls. run farm stock at 4mph and we dont need more classes.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 24, 2010 06:25AM
Heard at the meeting they wanted all of the safety stuff just wanted to know what kind of purse they are going to pay for making us spend a few thousand dollars to fit their rules sixty percent payback isn't worth the time.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 24, 2010 06:42AM
has anybody read my reply????????

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 25, 2010 01:43PM
If you can't afford the SAFETY STUFF on your over done-farm tractor than you should just go back to farming. If its anything more than just a Stock Farm tractor at stock RPM's you put yourself and everyone around your tractor at risk for serious injury. But i'll bet that turbo wasn't too much money, or that pump, or your fancy injectors...etc. If you have any tractor that is above the stock threshold, you can afford to use some safety equipment. If not for you, do it for the people watching. If not, when you finally due come apart, i'll be in the line to sue you for my injuries.
Common sense, ain't so common

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 31, 2010 12:19PM
Listen to your self. If u got a tractor that is any thing more than a farm stock and I meen stock then you all ready have money in it. So ether turn these tractors back to stock I emphasize stock that meens stock rpms pto hydraulics throttle where its to be from factory and run stock turbo then move up if u guys want to run a little hotter then this class is good u can run hot but still keep the cost down somewhat. I know its not what everone wants but u guys can have your input but .... safty is the main consideration not only for the pullers but who ever is watching. and who is working the track.farm stock was way out of hand we all no that. I know 3000 rpm is not that much but unless every one runs a steel fly wheel then that's it . stock cast can not and will not hold high rpms. SOMEONE WILL GET HURT OR WORST. There may be some changes to the rules I was told but it sounds not to bad to me.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 24, 2010 01:15PM
Sorry to say this but your Superfarm class will be dead in a few more years. Pull either COATPA's Div 5 or there Light pro class.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 25, 2010 12:18AM
I dont think super farm is going to die

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 25, 2010 08:05AM
I agree butch, what the crap is MIkey smoken?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 25, 2010 01:46PM
I'm not smoking anything. Don't get me wrong there are alot of GREAT Super Farms out there. BUT....the light pro stock classes is the class that will keep growing and has and will take away from the superfarm class. Look at all the states that have a version of the light pro class already and planning on adding the class.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 26, 2010 12:26AM
what class do you pull in Mikey

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 26, 2010 12:06PM
Light pro

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 01:51PM
He's Right boys the proof is on the schedule's Truth is alot of the guys around here that pulled hot stock and were debating what to do next was to scrap the big cubes and go light limited hold on to your hats because that is the next big thing

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 25, 2010 01:59PM
the Division 5 class is not entertaining at all. Its the same as watching the V-8's with an RPM limit or a speed limit.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 26, 2010 04:01AM
To get back to the point. Is it true the new class is using mostly N.W. Pa. hot farm rules & then changed those rules just enough to make the N.W. hot farms illegal at east Oh. pulls or isn't it? If so, what possible logical explantation is there for doing so ? I don't think you could feasibly back an open r.p.m. tractor down to 3000, & be competitive, & certainly no one is going to decube. to run a few small pulls.N.W. Pa hot farms require steel flywheels, air shut-offs, and ladder bars already.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 27, 2010 03:49AM
Brings up an interesting point. What would happen if you took an engine built to run high r.p.m. &
limited it to 3000? How would it react without any changes being made? Seems to me pump & cam
would be big issues, but honestly don't know.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 27, 2010 08:56AM
OK so here is what I see. There is a "farmstock" class that is no where near true farmstock. but because the officials at these different events have let these guys run with farm stock tractors there has not been a real reason to change or add safety equipment. Now that a couple of organizations are wanting to make a safe competative class. For the tractors that are running to hot for a farm stock class, and trying to create a cost effective class for these guys to run in they are being ridiculled. I am not saying that I agree with all of the rules nor will everyone else. But if you have a suggestion fell free to have an imput on these meetings. These organizations are not trying to re invent the wheel they are trying to get these guys who should not be pulling in a farm stock class some hooks. And the way I see it if the spectator was a family member of a puller who was hurt or killed when one of these tractors comes apart would the outlook change? Safety Equipmet if not for the drivers or spectators protection then at least let it be for the track officials who are there putting on a event so the pullers have somewhere to go.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 27, 2010 01:15PM
how bout leaving the farm stock class alone and getn rid of the antique v8 class and addn a factory field stock class for the boys that wanna bring their outa the field tractors to pull. God knows the v8's are boring and there only about 5 that show up. or maybe even getn rid of a stock diesel truck class

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 28, 2010 02:26AM
Because leaving "farm stock" alone puts drivers,spectators, track officials & local pulling itself at risk. You might go on for 50 years & get lucky, but is it worth the risk? Previous posts have said this was about "saving"
the hot farm class. My question was why create a new set of hot farm rules when an established set already exists within 100 mile radius & numbers are needed for the class. If the so called farm stocks that want to continue to run hot put a few safety items on they would be able to run over 3000 at the N.W. Pa. events, not limited to 3000 as they are now. Not trying to ridicule anybody, just wondering the logic behind 2 sets of rules that would exclude tractors in a numbers short class ?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 28, 2010 05:27AM
why keep aclass thats short in numbers? you guys need to bite the bullet and move up a class where you belong anyway.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 28, 2010 08:48AM
go to open rpms & you ll all get along better no belly aching that he is over rpm he has to be cheating the tach just put on the saftey stuff & have some fun

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 28, 2010 12:45PM
Couldn't agree more. 3000 r.pm? or watch grass grow? Tough choice.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 31, 2010 10:51AM
To all those who may be a interested.
A small group of Pullers from Ohio and Western Pa, along with some pullers from North West Pa Pullers are planning on meeting near Goshen Center, Bunker Hill area. We are going to go over that are set of rules the upcoming season. Anyone who is interested in the area is more than welcome to attend. We are meeting at Kevin Martig's shop on November 4, at 8:00pm. 10210 State routes 534, Beloit, Ohio 44609. We hope to see you there.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 31, 2010 04:20PM
3000 rpm is definitely a pain sometimes, unless you get the right monitoring eqipment. However, it will make the engine last longer and hold performance down some. makes it a little safer for local pulls. It is a good way to go IF policed properly with sensors

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:36PM
I agree with you leave the rpm limit off of the class and make the safety equipment a requirement. safer and nobody can call another a cheater on rpm's

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 07:50AM
Why not run our old hot stock rules guys leave the farm stock 3000 rpm and below and run your hot stock has to have steel fly wheel safety blanket side rails side shields cross bolts in the exhaust pipe and wheelie bars you guys no the safety equip. run it as a 640ci and a 3" turbo 24.5x32 cut tires allowed no rpm limit and a a series pump but as for the a series pump they make a a series that makes the same amount of cc and is almost as quick as an p pump so what the hell if they have a 3" turbo let them pull

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 09:42AM
I agree somewhat except the cubes. Keep cubes small 540. Any more than that is pointless why go bigger this way if a guy wants to build a tractor for profarm then he may later want to move up and he will have room to so. Im thinking this would be a very good stepping stone for other classes like div 5 or super farm.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 11:40AM
They want to disban a class that is getting 20 tractors per class becouse the say we dont have safty equiement and the true farm stocks cant compeate BULL what about the stock trucks where is there steel flywheel where is there blanket and drive shaft loops comon these trucks are running just as hot as farm stock tractors but they dont worry about the trucks ( THEY BRING IN THE PEOPLE) My stock diesel truck would not come close in that class so what true farm stock tractors are more unsafe then what is running now how many times have you seen a(true farm stock stand streight up on the line becouse they dont know where to put the weight ) ill tell you many times hanging weights on the three point a big no no. farm stocks running right now are just fine leve them alone

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 11:57AM
What ate u smokin farm stock is way out of hand they are so unsafe it is not funny. And for the trucks that anouther thing to be dealt with farm stock should be farm stock not a tractor running 4000 rpm. I think farm stock should be stock rpm. and stock turbo

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 01:51PM
what about the guys with the 6030 john deere that want to pull with the profarm they are more than 540 cubes

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 02:33PM
There are definitely a lot of hot stock tractors these days. The 3K rpm rule helps keep them safe but there is still a lot of power going through some of those drivelines. The heat affects the clutch as well. Probably if you are in 7th or road gear you should have all safety equipment. The 6030 is no problem, cause no one ever check cubes anyhow, so since a 6030 came with a 531 then I guess we assume it still has one in it. I know that sounds sarcastic but it's true no one ever checks cubes and it is not too hard to put a 600 in a 1066 or a 585 in a deere. So really the best class rules don't involve cubes.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 03:04PM
Its not realy about cubes rules are rules ya they might not chech you but 3000 rpm is a must and what I was told any tractor running in the new profarm east ohio will have to run a rpm box that hooks to sled. I think that's good it keeps every one on the same playing feild. Some people might not like my veiws but o well.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 03:12PM
I guess my point on the cubes is this... there is no more reason to not let a 6030 pull than any other tractor. One should no more assume a 6030 has changed cubes any more than one would assume a 1066 or any other tractor has changed it's cubes. so if not checking the cubes why have the rule?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 03:24PM
This is my point. This is a new class no one knows where it's going to end up maybe your cubes and turbo might be checked not sure what's up yet or where its going to go . Like I said this is new im sure there will be changes but if a 6030 came with a motor smaller than 540 I guess no one is leaving them out. Im not sure im not a jd guy .

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 01, 2010 03:47PM
Im sure this class was not started to not let any type of tractor out. But what I do know is that its being started because the farm stock class is out of hand and this is a easy way for the tractors that are running hot in that class to pull where they should be with some safety equipment. Im not saying all the tractors that were running in farm stock are unsafe but. That if its not stock run in a class where u should be. Like I have said time and time again safety is the main concern if tractors keep running hot in these farm stock classes some one could be hurt or worse then what

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 12:14AM
the reason 6030 cant run in this pro farm class is becouse it has a P pump and they want it to be an A pump class

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 12:51AM
They changed it you can run a p pump

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 02:20AM
What about the current northwest Pa. hot farms that are built to their rules ? Why have 2
seperate hot farm rules in such a close area? Remember there were some pretty good northwest
Pa. hot farms from eastern Ohio that used to run until they quit scheduling it. (Hawk, Kline,Sanor,
Kemp) to name a few. Far as we know those tractors are still out there & Prukowski,Keene, Martin,
McConnell & others used to come over to Ohio & run also when the class was there. Are these tractors not wanted? They'd be legal with all safety equip. except for the 3,000 rule & the cubic inch, which is irrelevant with a 3LM. There's a 2255 from Pa. that's looking good & definately something different. He'd be out also. Just some things to keep in mind.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 02:51AM
The reason for 3000rpm is not many guys want to run a sfi clutch and steel flywheel maybe if everyone would they could run more rpms just saying that's possible maybe. There not trying to keep anyone out . But everyone has to agree on all safety stuff.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 12:21PM
Who died and made Kevin Martig GOD? Y must everyone do what he says? Y is the NWPA hot farm rules not ok in ohio too? Y must we have 25 classes with a millimeter difference in turbo size?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 12:42PM
I will tell u this much . He is not the only one making the rules I know bunker hill milebranch columbiana county fair carroll county portage west town ship and others are the one with final say so not kevin him self so if some one don't like the rules for this class go pull somewhere else or pull in a different class its as easy as that

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 11:49PM
if u go with the 3lm turbo you are cutting the preformance out of any cubic inch engine so if thats the turbo u go with make the rules simple. 3lm turbo, inline pump, 20.8x38 any tire, no port water, tie bars, blanket, steel flywheels & clutch, & rops. Make everything simple & as i ve said before you will all get along better. Been there done that with the group i ve been with for 8 or 10 yrs and since we went to open rpms 6 yrs ago there has been no one that has complained or bickered about anything. Just haveing fun & drinking beer.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 07:50AM
not all john deere 6030 have a 519 some came factory with a 619 and yes a p pump but some of the pullers around here have changed the p to an a so they could pull in the hot stock class they make a 900cc a pump now that can deliver the fuel they need to run the big cube deere so y leave some v8 and deeres out of your pulls i do not even live in western pa or ohio im just telling u guys the problems u will have running this stupid class

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 01:39PM
It sounds to me like if u pull a 6030 that u are a cheater and unwanted by ih and case pullers in nwpa and ohio. just my opion. i also think that some of u should reserch a 6030 and get ur facts staight. im not trying to piss anybody off either.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 03:10PM
It sounds to me that its hard to please every one.......

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 03:14PM
Why is it allways the guys with a jd the complain about every thing. Lol

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:20PM
i dont own a jd

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 07:44AM
yea that pro farm limits you to 540 and some people are so competitive in that class that they have found out the engine builder for some of the winning tractors and called them and asked what the engines were and when the found out they were not legal they dropped there points earned in the season and were disqualified so do not think you will get away with big cube engines in that class

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 02, 2010 08:02AM
I am just trying to tell you guys if you go by the rules of the east Pennsylvania rules for this pro farm class you will wish you had your hot stock back! now as for the problems with the safety we run steel fly wheels and scatter blankets and side shields and at least a rool bar if not a cage for any tractor running over 3000 rpm we had just a few years ago had a tractor explode and seriously injured people at one of our fairs here in central pa. so I Know your concern for safety is high or should be but in a hot stock class no safety equipment leaves you with hurt people if you are running over 3000 rpm so I would not advise it.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 02:45AM
Please read & understand. N.WPa. hot farm mandates no cast iron flywheel or clutch parts period !!! As far as Mr. Martig & the others go, the insurance company, not they, will decide on the safety measures, everyone will have to accept that or stay home. It looks like they are not truly creating a hot farm class, just renaming what you've already had( & letting the red guys have an inline) & mandating some reasonable safety measures before someone gets badly hurt & pulling goes away.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 08:33AM
unwanted
Please read & understand. N.WPa. hot farm mandates no cast iron flywheel or clutch parts period !!! As far as Mr. Martig & the others go, the insurance company, not they, will decide on the safety measures, everyone will have to accept that or stay home. It looks like they are not truly creating a hot farm class, just renaming what you've already had( & letting the red guys have an inline) & mandating some reasonable safety measures before someone gets badly hurt & pulling goes away.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME COMMON SENSE! Listen guys and Ladies Mr. Martig may not have the best people skills talking in front of crowds but he is not the ring leader. He just happens to be the spokesperson for a whole bunch of organizations who ALL agree that something needs to be done with this class. Safety equipment is a necessity, The question on the table is how do you define the rules and what safety equipment is going to be required. If you choose not to run safety equipment for what ever reason thats fine a FACTORY FARM STOCK CLASS will be around for you to pull in. However the pullers who are running tractors in that class that are not running stock turbo's or factory injectors or pumps @ factory RPM's this class is going to give you guys a place to hook. If you pullers are not concerned about safety then why bother with brakes on your automobile or why buy more than a 1/2 ton pickup to use on a daily basis. Because it's about common sense and safety. This has been a growing problem for a long time and should have been stopped 4-5 years ago but wasn't and now all organizations are left to clean up the pieces.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 12:35PM
I could not agree more with pro farm 1 . He is right

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 03, 2010 01:00PM
Ok I really don't see why every one is so up set about this new profarm class its not a bad thing it give tractors that are running in the farm stock class that are not stock a class to hook in all that's asked is that you follow a couple rules this is them. Tie bars roll cage side shields 3lm charger 20.8 38 tires wheele bars 3000 rpm the monitoring system for rpms wide front end in factory location. A or P pump either One 540 cubes and im sure I left out a couple little things out. ya most guys think its over kill for a class that's only running 3000 rpm but its a must I personally think that any tractor or pulling truck that is not factory stock should have safety. Safety. Is not that much money vs what would happen if some one was to get hurt.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 05:22AM
those rules sounds great to me

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 11:20AM
Case 1175, are you refering to tractors in the Interstate (MD/VA/PA) Pro Farm Class? That's a bold statement to make considering there are a number of really good running tractors in that class that aren't 540. 466's that have won the class and been a top 5 tractor throughout the season.

Who had to foreit points for the season? Who are "They" that you refer to calling around to see who built these setups?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:09PM
according to the rules pro farm pull im not allowed to tell any names it must remain anonymous if you want to no call me i will tell u what i herd and no about the class that has replaced a good 1

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:16PM
I think they should not have a cube limit at all. same things as rpm, if not limit then you dont have to worry about checking it. Keep your basic safety rules and weight classes and then add the things you CAN check like turbos and tires and hitch and stuff and leave the things that no one will look at off the list. no way a 6030 619 will keep up with a 600 IH anyway

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:19PM
now that is the answer i wanted to hear thank you big cube ih thats the way it should be and its just like he said a 466 was keeping up with a 540 so what does it matter let them pull thats all i ask

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:15PM
and just fyi im not talking about 540 or 466 im talking a bout our pulls in union and snyder county pa where they do not no where or how to put classes in since there r some big cube deere's and some other bigger cube hot stock tractors that could have pulled in the hot stock class but could not because they changed it to 540 and i think that is a bunch of bull when its always been 640 y not let them pull these guys have been around for ever and now have no where to pull thats what im raven about

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:20PM
I agree with the 1175 puller. don't make rules ti eliminate people, make rules to make it fair. the turbo will make it fair. the cubes just make one guy call another a cheater same with rpms.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:23PM
I think Caseman is right too. Lots of pullers need a place to pull. don't alienate anyone.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:27PM
Thanks guys finally some 1 has seen what im saying

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:39PM
so lets get some rules on paper and some events scheduled and pass the information out. The season is just ended and already I am wanting to carry the front wheels a couple hundred feet... lol

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 04, 2010 01:40PM
sounds good to me!!!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 09:06AM
Yeah do that, let in the big cubes, and in ten years from now when you still don't have a place to pull and no one to pull with remember this day when I said I told you so.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 12:25PM
o u r funny puller 66 thats right is the interstate pullers that r right its the rest of the world thats wrong u r the joke i got jokes for u they can do what ever they want im going pro stock so what the heck do i care

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 12:27PM
they can take there 540 cubes and their super c turbo and shove it

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 01:21PM
Listen up case 1175 .this class is to be a low budget. Hotter than stock class not to be anything like pa hot farm if u don't like these rules who cares u don't have to pull with eastern oh. In fact who even asked you to run it anyway. There are other classes go pull pa hot farm or super farm pro stock or super stock heck run farm stock. Im sure u would not hurt anyones feelings if u said im not pulling so what im saying is this if u don't like it and don't know all the facts keep it to ur self. There are plenty of other tractors that are moving to this class 1 or 2 tractors not doing it is not going to matter thanks and have a nice day

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 01:55PM
and maybe u need to look and see what i have put before im not here for the drama im just telling u the problems with the class that is all. Let me make my self clear im not pulling it im just telling u i have friends who do and im letting u no what the problems are if u don't want to listen to me who cares im just stating my opinion maybe if u read the whole page u would no what's going on. so you sir can have a nice day. O and one more thing the last time i looked the republicans were back on top so this is a free country and i will say what i want im not going to keep my teeth in my mouth just b cuz some jack smacker does not like my idea or the way i talk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 01:59PM by case1175.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 05, 2010 05:06PM
Why do you even care, you run a case you could run 900 cubes and it wouldn't matter. See you in Prostock hot rod...

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 06, 2010 01:50PM
IM WITH 1175 THIS PULLING IS LIKE NASCAR CHANGE SH-- EVERY YEAR WHY THE H--- NOT USE 510CUBES 3BY4 3000 RPM BY THE WAY WHAT U GOING TO DO FOR FARM STOCK?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 06, 2010 04:51PM
if the rules allow 540 cubes then it sounds like i can put a set of 20.8s on my limited pro and jump down to hot farm when i dont have a pull that wkend...thatll be fun

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 01:43AM
Heard you had a meeting last week wanted to know what rules they came up with for both the farm stock and this new class thank you

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 01:24AM
Bring it Big Red, I would like to see how a limited pro can do at 3000 rpm and 3x3 charger against the hot farm tractors. My guess is you will have a tuff time at low rpm's getting that charger to stay afloat....

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 04:45AM
hot farmster i see your point and your right...but if these guys are guna allow open rpms then all a limited pro has to do is change chargers and tires and run...that was the point i was making

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 01:28AM
guys the point here is that there are tractors that come from the factory stock over 540ci that would like to pull in the class so why not let them pull it your turbo charger and fuel pump will make it fair so let them pull

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 01:56AM
No there isn't any tractors that came stock with more than 540 cubes that wants to run and as much as you guys want to believe that cubic inch doesn't matter with turbo and fuel limits restrictions are just fools.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 02:06AM
That is foolish i have seen a 466 beat a 640 hands down many times its not the cid that makes you or breaks you if u cant get the power to the ground and have no clue about how to set up your tractor for that particular sled and track conditions you loose now im not sayin if the 640ci tractor would have had his game on he probably would have won but thats just great tractor pullin

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 02:34AM
I got an idea for you... Why don't you come over to Central/ Easteren part of Ohio to hook the Hot Farm class. Before you load your tractor, you better be at least 540 to 600 ci, large P-pump with at least 3.9 turbo, tires well...cut 20.8s or even 24.5 HPs work also. An they call this Hot farm....lol!!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 05:33AM
in 2 yrs when NOBODY BUILDS a tractor 4 this NEW class except 4 reisners modified ( 806 this, 1066 that, 1466 motor) or a mix and match moline will they let the farm stock tractors get back to reality pulling. At least let farm stock run 3000 and for petes sake a 20in hitch. Not 2700 and an 18in hitch, o and who is the fat guy barking orders at the meeting with the carhartt hoodie???

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 06:24AM
well when hot stock returns it will b too late every one that was running it will probably sell to the real tractor pullers that can still pull the big cubes in there classes or build it up and go pro stock so good luck boys thats all i got to say have fun pulling your tinker toys

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 08:54AM
I herd they are already revising the rules for 2012 to run pro farm u will have to have a 225 ci limit but
no fret my friends you will b able to run 2 2.4 inch turbos and a p pump lol

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 01:14PM
Ok fired up farmer. U must be be pointin a finger at me an my mis match parts tractor! I asure u the heads are sittim off tractor an the pans off I show the parts am the no.u say are missed match! Come overo to the shop! Yep I had hoodie on! I bring a tractor to the sand box.I muss be miss matched.or wrong coloror only. For certain people class only! Lol give me u no. I give u direction right to my driveway! U must not like my tractor!!!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 07, 2010 03:01PM
Im not pointing finger at u moline guy. It was a general statement to the guy ( in a gray carharrt ) at martigs shop thurs nite barking all the orders. I dont hav a clue who he is but HE thinks his sh%$ doesnt stink. The CREATORS of this NEW class beware it will not take off, it will not grow it will not turn in2 anything . Its a 1 off class and that NEVER WORKS!!!! GO DIV 5 OR SUPER FARM Leave the farm stock alone. Classic pro farm WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 08, 2010 12:02AM
Your just up set we changed farm stock class well tuff titty . And if I recall the guy in the gray hoodie did not say a word so u must be color blind. So where u pulling at this year. Lol

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 08, 2010 01:25AM
What a joke of a farm stock class you came up with 2700 & a 5 mph speed limit with an 18" hitch????? Have you guys ever been to a tractor pull?? Explain what the point is of a mph and an rpm limit???? If I'm going 5 mph what the hell does it matter what my rpms are. Or vise-versa. What a load of crap.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 08, 2010 06:37AM
Why can't we all just get along we all want to pull rather your on a tractor or working on the track or watching from the stands we all want the same thing.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 10, 2010 01:27AM
Need to get this thread back on the first page. JW lol

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 10, 2010 05:01AM
it looks very easy to see why this area has always had these problems,its very clear by reading the post pertaining to this subject

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? November 10, 2010 07:06AM
where can i find a set of these new rules that is written on paper instead of everybodys hear say

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009