Gordyville October 27, 2010 02:22PM
Question for Klint. Is there a charge for getting into the pits this year? If so, how much? Didn't see anything about pit passes on the ticket application page

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 01:06AM
Yes, we sell pit passes, and ticket holders can walk through the pit area until a hour or so before show time. Thanks Klint

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 02:06AM
After several requests, is their ANY additional interest in a NEW Pro Farm class that would have a 640 c.i.d. limit, 3,000 R.P.M., 3 inch inlet limit on the turbochargers, P-pumps (7100 length limit), WITHOUT INTERCOOLERS, water injection would be allowed. Weight would be around 10,500 lbs. If you have a tractor that fits these rules and are interested in competing at this winters event contact Klint at 309-737-5291. If we get enough interest we are considering replacing classes that seem to have internal problems, that seem to be unrepairable.

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 03:30AM
Can BSTP tractors run witk out intercooler,slots or smooth?

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 04:43AM
All tractors could have a 3" inlet with slots. Thanks Klint

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 10:21AM
are you gonna replace the other 640 pro farm or just adding another 640 pro farm?

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 11:08AM
Is there anywhay of getting the weight down around 9000 or 9500lbs and i would be interested in coming? 10,500 is to heavy unless pulling farm stock classes. Hope you can get something worked out

Re: Gordyville October 29, 2010 01:25PM
Wow. This is why there needs to be a National Pulling Consortium that governs rules, and DOES NOT sponsor a series. Each organization would belong to this group and let them govern and enforce the rules. Keeps it simple, keeps the local orgs from being the "heavies" when there's an enforcement issue and so on. Equally important, it keeps us from having different ProFarm classes, or ProStock classes, etc. etc. Silly.

Re: Gordyville October 30, 2010 02:33AM
i will join

Re: Gordyville October 30, 2010 01:01AM
I would be interested in new pro farm class at 9000 or 9500 lbs we pull 9000 lbs, 640 cu in, 3000 rpms, water inj, no inercooler, max 20.8 or 24.5 tires. I pull with MSTPA thanks, Larry Greene 660-909-8982

Re: Gordyville October 30, 2010 04:26AM
Most of the pullers that have called about this class wanted the weight around 10-10,500. I realize this is a little heavy for some. But like in most cases we have to go with what a majority of the pullers are comfortable with.

Re: Gordyville October 30, 2010 12:36AM
Just trying to put something together that will produce a good show from year to year. Current classes are struggling with procedures that create problems for the group as a whole.

Re: Gordyville October 30, 2010 12:50AM
your doing a good job, hard to keep everyone happy and make rules for everyone and keep it fair. only can have so many classes and let everyone compete (10 tractors no finals or 20 and up finals) who knows where to cut it off?

Re: Gordyville October 30, 2010 12:58PM
Klint, Any chance of a Mod class at Gordy?

Re: Gordyville October 31, 2010 02:51AM
The building wouldn't have good enough ventilation, for anything above a gas Econo Mod. We struggle with the light super fumes. Very low ceiling. Thanks Klint

Re: Gordyville November 01, 2010 05:25AM
We would be very interested in pulling in this class, but are not going to be ready for this year, trans. on order hope to be there in 2012 thanks

Re: Gordyville November 02, 2010 07:16AM
Is there a website for this pull?

Re: Gordyville November 02, 2010 07:32AM
www.whatssmokin.net

Re: Gordyville November 02, 2010 08:11AM
Any chance those calenders with the lovely tractors on them will be for sale again this year? I'd hate to keep an out dated calender hangin on the kitchen wall! Smoking

Re: Gordyville November 02, 2010 02:15PM
With the first deadline past for signup, with the exception of the Super Farm class and all the double hooks for the 9500 Hotfarm and 8500 Lmited Prostock Class, it looks like the number of entries are down this year. I really don't understand why so many multiple hooks are allowed to me that takes away from the show. If a tractor can pull in multiple classes then the rules are to closely tied together and need to have it varied more to allow others that are left out in the cold an oppurtunity to pull.

Re: Gordyville November 02, 2010 02:34PM
Read your post back to yourself, as if you were the promoter.
Would YOU want a bunch of whiney crybaby sissies around all weekend?
Maybe, just Maybe, there is a reason YOUR class is "out in the cold" as you put it.
I am amazed Klint keeps putting up with it. There isn't enough money to interest me in putting on a show for a bunch of ungrateful whiners.
I'll bet you one thing, if you go to Kansas City and watch the Outlaws, there will be little if ANY whining. There will be a bunch of smiling, half crazy pullers having a blast.

Re: Gordyville November 02, 2010 03:38PM
The point being is that just about anyone can come pull it may not be a perfect fit for your rig but you are able to come. It is an excellent pull in mid winter for everyone to get there pulling fix. Just looks like numbers are down so far except for a few classes, and the main point is there are 2 classes with a 1000lb weight difference and almost all competitors are the same in both classes. I like seeing a lot of variety and not the same one's go down the track multiple times. Just looks like numbers are being skewed this year is the point. Where is all the 4.1s at?

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 09:32AM
sounds like some people are trying to cut gordyville down and promote thier pulls. the only addition i would like to see is closed circut tv in the bar to watch some pulls

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 09:37AM
I know we have had an unbelievable fall. We did not stop the combines the whole season. Straight shot. I am sure there are others too that haven't had time to get paperwork filled out. I have no doubt it will be a big show as usual.

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 02:54PM
What class do you run in that we are leaving out in the cold? Not being critical, just crious. Thought our rule were broad enough everyone with safety equipment on their tractor could come and pull with us. Thanks Klint

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 03:47PM
street stock pickups

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 04:10PM
Sorry can't help you out there.

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 05:12PM
Hey Klint, How about stock lawn mowers?

Re: Gordyville November 03, 2010 11:32PM
WOW this thread just spun out of control. LOL

Re: Gordyville November 04, 2010 12:13AM
Dont think lawnmowers would work, the smoke tube would be hard to connect to their smaller sleds.

Re: Gordyville November 04, 2010 02:18AM
My problem is Im about 25 cubes over the 470 classes, but not enuff nuts for hot farm or lim. pro and I like to stay between 3000-3500 rpms, but I dont expect any special class to be put in for me. I'll just come and watch and have a blast!

Re: Gordyville November 04, 2010 10:51AM
Sounds like a plan.. if your class isn't there.. come support the pull and maybe, just maybe your class will be there some day... And the day the pickups come to Gordyville is the day we stop attending.. sorry.. no place for them in my rule book........They take to long to move around... plus we enjoy the "tractor pull" if I wanted to go watch trucks pull, I will go out in our corn field and watch our pickup pull stuff around.......That again is just my 2 cents....

Re: Gordyville November 04, 2010 05:12PM
how many yrs ago did u pull a street stock pickup?

Re: Gordyville November 04, 2010 11:29PM
Enough about the pick ups. Street stock trucks are fun to watch at a county fair, but not at Gordyville. The problem would be the competition level. One guy with a Cummins at 250' a guy with a 460 at 205' then another guy with a 350 that cant even get the sled started. It would slow down the session. Most people I know love to watch street stocks for two reasons. #1 people are waiting for somebody to throw a drive shaft and #2 they are local and they have friends their watching them. The street stocks have there place and Gordyville ain't one of them.

Re: Gordyville November 05, 2010 02:16AM
When is the final date to enter? not trying to wait till the last miniute, but we are waiting on parts. Unless someone wants to call Ken and tell him to get our clutch done!

Re: Gordyville November 06, 2010 11:06AM
We have decided to add the 10,500 lb. Pro Farm to Thursday nights session of the 2011 Midwest Winter Nationals. We also moved the 7,000 Limited Super Stock class from Thursday to Friday afternoon. For more info on rules and applications contact us at www.whatssmokin.net or call 309-353-7034. Thanks Klint

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,649, Posts: 229,718, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,907.

Our newest member JD_8520