Senior Project November 01, 2010 02:32AM
Hello everyone, I am posting on here because I have some questions for a Project I have to do for my senior year. It is called the Senior Experience and I am writing a research paper on tractor pulling engines for a super stock. I need what you call "sources" for my paper and I was wondering if anyone would have books or magazines or sites on the internet for my crediting of sources. Any help is appreciated! Thanks everyone! Hope everyone is having a great winter and see all my outlaw friends in a couple weeks!!

Tyler Ulmer

Re: Senior Project November 01, 2010 03:03AM
Tractor supply has issues of Puller magazine on the shelf. At the top of the page you can find LINKS that should help you find more info. on your subject. good luck

Re: Senior Project November 01, 2010 03:12AM
Do a personal interview for a primary source. May want to find a rfd pull on tv to use...a good one was the ssd class where max simpson explains water injection. Consider the european classes vs american versions. May want to contact tyler woolever in eastern pa...he teaches shop and also makes some parts if I am not mistaken.

Re: Senior Project November 01, 2010 01:25PM
What is the style required for your references, apa or mla? google the phrases apa references and/or mla references and follow the format that they suggest, that will start you on the track to putting info together. If your instructor does not require any book or internet references I would be putting some questions together and call some folks, and I know you know some people who know their diesels Mr. Ulmer Smiling

Re: Senior Project November 01, 2010 02:15PM
tyler, you need to find some way to get the old pulling power magazines, these had several articles regarding what was required to make a super stock tick. Beings as your an Ulmer someone in your family probably has these magazines in their possession. I think "Pulling Power" mag was published by Lopez publishing out of California. One other suggestion is diesel power mag they have done a lot recently with the growth of dsl truck pulling. Maybe call Hyper and Jerry and company could really help.

Re: Senior Project November 02, 2010 01:15AM
Thanks for all of your suggestions!! Really appreciate it!!!

Re: Senior Project November 02, 2010 02:06AM
tyler,to add to georges post,the puller when it was in a newspaper type magizine,printed articles on the same topic as george descibed.the info was in 3 seoerate issues,a red,a green,and a orange,pretty good info in both magazines.if you cant find any pulling powers or old pullers,im sure i can get my wife to get copies to you somehow.also diesel power did a article on a 6030 sf or ps,i forget which one though.

Re: Senior Project November 02, 2010 02:46AM
Could you have your wife send those to me patches? Thanks for your help!

Re: Senior Project November 02, 2010 08:15AM
The biggest book you needed is a large check book

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009