NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 01:03AM
[www.farmmachineryshow.org] Looks like a good group of tractors this year!

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 02:18AM
The light super class has usual politics. 15 tractors 13 drivers. Enough said

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 02:35AM
same with the super farm list thiers some that dont run that good to be thier i geuss who can kiss the most ass

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 02:53AM
There are a few of them in every class if you look at it.. They are there b/c of the color of tractor, or b/c they know someone.. My opinion if you have more than 1 vehicle in the same class, then you should only be aloud to bring one. Its only fair to give your second spot to someone else, to me it should be about the accomplishments from the previous season, not b/c one of your tractors is good, and the other is so-so...... If you truly earned two spots then by all means bring both... I know its hard to make everyone happy, but that is just my opinion, right or wrong..

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 09:23AM
where are the blue ones

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 07, 2010 07:37AM
The LSS blues from Wisconsin are staying home!! I have put Mark to work on the house!!!

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 08, 2010 01:30AM
Thats a shame, you guys in the LSS class is the best part of the pull. Well miss you, have a great winter.

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 08, 2010 03:31AM
Terri;
Thats to bad that you guys won't be there. The committee was all set to make the track 20 feet wider down near the finish line.

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 11:46AM
There is alot about Louisville that you people don't consider. First of all some of these guys that you are saying should be there may have not signed up. don't want to go, broke down, working on their tractor, taking vacation,....whatever. Secondly the show also likes to shoot for a wide variety of different brands of trucks and tractors along with best appearing and so on. Please consider these before complaining.

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 06:41PM
Louisville has always been a red and green show as far as tractors go. You have a couple different brands here and there. When you have an off brand tractor come in and do good, watch how the crowd reacts, for example last years saturday afternoon prostock class...I think every john deere and Ih fan was just as excited as all the massey fans were to see carolton cope put it in the sand. I personaly would like to see a session of superfarms dropped and add a class like the limited light super stock. This class can offer any brand you can think of from john deere to duetz. Louisville is always a good show and I go every year, Im just ready for a change. Im glad to see the diesel trucks in this year just for the sake of change. I am not a fan of the diesel trucks pulling indoors, just something about the short tracks dont work well for them. I could be wrong but I think it is going to be a very time consuming class with a lot of breakage. Just my 2 cents!

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 04, 2010 07:40AM
Good luck getting the Light Limited Supers. My group was the first to bring them indoors and give them a national spotlight for a couple weekends in the winter. That was 6 years ago. We use to get 30-36 tractors each weekend we ran them at Gordyville and DuQuoin. Then they started squabbling and now we don't even get enough tractors for one good class. I really enjoyed the class when it was the best from New York, Missouri, Kentucky, Iowa, and Wisconsin battling it out. Now it seems every group has a beef with the other. We make every attempt to give the pullers what they want and raise their purses when possible, but every effort usually just blows up in our faces. Maybe the class has just out grown our little shows. Just my 2 cents Klint Tucker Whatssmokin Promotions.

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 04, 2010 08:45AM
Klint: You, and your crew, do a hell of a good job and put up with a lot of bickering and whining. As the old saying goes: You can please some of the people all the time, and you can please all the people some of the time, but you'll NEVER please all the people all of the time. I've participated in 3 of your Duquoin pulls and your Cloverdale pull. As a past organizer of big events, I know very well what it takes and what you go thru to make things happen. There were a few things that I didn't particularly care for, but, I flashed back on my experiences as an organizer and chose NOT to make an issue of them. The crybabies out there that complain about every little thing that doesn't go their way need to run an event once (other than a kindergartners picnic) and maybe they would do their crying in their mommies apron out in their trailer.

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 02:46AM
i see bradish is listed as driving "lock and load",is this a misprint.

Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 03:18AM
Esdon Lehn
Allen Baballe
Kevin Lynn
Mark Peissig
Bob Barbee
Bruce Schmidtknecht
Boyd’s
Ken Veney
Shawn Swearingen
Allen Baballe
Boyd’s
Ken Veney
and all these guys

Jim Holman
David Bamber
Peyton Davis
Steve Clem
Daniel Bosch
Jason Brammer
Darrell Varner
Rob Foster
Tom Tormoehlen
Jake Zaring
Charles Hinds
Scott Phillips
Ron Newell
Bob Gooden
R.B. Moler

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 03:51AM
King of Smoke did not send an entry into Louisville!

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 09:12AM
No he didnt hes loading up his Diesel powered Harley and heading to Florida for bike week this year he wants to win the the burn out competition its been a goal of his for years.Also hes got a new pair of red assless chaps that have been waiting to be broke in for years.

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 04:31AM
looks to me like we are missing some real names in this class and adding class filler the sykes tractors now come on get real this has to be one of the biggest jokes of all times,this is supposed to be a championship pull and they have outlaw class filler invited.But I don't have to go,it's all dirty politics at Louisville any way.

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 05:48AM
I agree the sykes tractors are fillers. They need to make one tractor and be competitive.

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 12:17PM
I agree. I've been wondering that myself. Why not build one really good tractor?

Having said that, they run well for what they have and they seem to make small upgrades pretty much every off-season. I know that pulling doesn't need any more classes, but if you put only those lesser powered SS tractors together in a class sometime, they would put on a great show and the casual fan wouldn't know the difference.

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 05:52AM
After looking at the list did not see Fear the deere from Iowa in the super farm class did he not sigh up ????????

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 03, 2010 06:13AM
He is on there. Friday Night

SUPER FARM TRACTORS - Friday, February 18

Driver Name City/State Vehicle
Russell Counce Lawrenceburg, TN Dixie Deere
Clayton Darlage Seymour, IN Showtime
Rodney Deck Winside, NE Dream On
Brian Fraker Marshall, IL The Agitator
Tom Gallitz Jefferson, WI Runnin In The Red
Bradley Hartman Haubstadt, IN International Addiction
Darrin Hunt Herndon, KY Action Express
Wayne Lamoureux Boone, IA Fear the Deere
Josh Miley Francisco, IN High Maintenan$e
Mark Robert Scribner, NE Spanky's Toy
Ryan Salenbien Maybee, MI Never Satisfied
Larry Sheets Jr. Williamsport, OH Red Rider
James Slama Reedsburg, WI Fast & Furious
Taylor Van Beck Rock Valley, IA Extreme Pleasure
Justin Wagler Morgantown, IN Real Deere
Travis Wildermuth Lewiston, OH The Replacement Deere II

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 06:15AM by brianfuhr.

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 04, 2010 11:32AM
Heard a rumor that Boyd's have gotten out of tractor pulling. I have heard that from several people but I don't know for sure

Re: Re:where are these guys??? November 04, 2010 02:08PM
CB, we have two of our tractors listed for sale on the for sale page. As for the NFMS we did not send in any applications this year.

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 12:57PM
Maybe in the next two years there could be a minnie moline. What do you think ole george?

Re: NFMS Driver List is up! November 03, 2010 12:20PM
looks like a good showing for outlaw tractors!! what a diffrence a year makes

hmmmmmmmmmm November 03, 2010 04:19PM
they way I see it is that besides the super farm pullers it a brush pull, thet cant even invite a allis in the light class, total crap esdon dont show in the heavy class and the 2 top fords dont show in the light class , kinda proves that there done with the commitees crap. and I will be the !ST TO COMMEND THEM WAY TO GO GUYS GOOD JOB

NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 03, 2010 04:41PM
Ok, I have to get this one off of my chest about the superfarms... If this is supposed to be the National Farm Machinery Championship Tractor pull, then where are some of the champions? What about guys like Pedly's from Iowa, and Kevin Lindstrom or Alan Cook from Wisconsin, and Dean Holicky from Minnesota?

If memory serves me correctly, Holicky won an indoor event last winter, and numerous pulls over the past 2-3 years. Plus Region 3 champ, and Minnesota state champion. Kevin Lindstrom was 2nd in Region 3, didn't he also win an indoor hook last winter? Finished in the top 3 at Tomah, and also won a bunch of hooks the past few years? What about Dave and Kyle Pedley? If memory serves me correctly, they won just about every hook they went to the last 2 years. Or Alan Cook from Wisconsin, who won a bunch of Region and Wisconsin state hooks, and not even a single one of them made it? I have fully lost faith in the selection committee now, and think this isn't really a Championship Tractor pull anymore! Gosh, I bet if I bought them enough drinks, or put up a little sponsorship money under the table, maybe my 1962 3010 high crop john deere could get invited! What a joke!

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 03, 2010 05:35PM
I agree that the selections made are not always correct. It would be difficult to pick from so many applications (most of which are fairly good). If people are so fed up with the committee and their choices why do they keep supporting them by buying expensive tickets? A true tractor pulling fan would much rather watch vehicles outside anyhow, why this particular show? Year after year we see people complain and year after year we see the seats at Freedom Hall packed. What gives? If I don't support something, i sure as heck wouldn't spend my hard earned money on buying a ticket.

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 04, 2010 10:42AM
Doesn't the puller have to accept the invitation and tell the committee that they want to go.. maybe the reason we don't see some of the "big names" is because they don't want to spend the money, or that maybe they will not have their tractors together by Feb.??, or perhaps they just don't feel like going... After all just because your invited, doesn't mean you have to to come pull! Just my 2 cents..

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 04, 2010 11:38AM
The pullers send in applications to go. SO if they don't want to go. They don't apply.

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 04, 2010 02:19PM
Diesal fuel $3.00 motel rooms $150-$200, $25000 to $50000 in repairs just to get your equipment top notch ready to run, and then if your lucky you might win the whole thing and come home with $5000.00 Thats why some of the heavy hitters are staying home.

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 05, 2010 12:29AM
The "heavy hitters" are the first ones to know that pulling never pays! They pull because they want to compete,not to make a living.

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 04, 2010 03:22PM
Because of the way it is advertised. Championship tractor pull is the "name". Even though it is only the championship of the NFMS. I would bet that 97% of the seats are filled with spectators that don't know what it is that they are really watching but hear or see "championship tractor pull". The name gets the people in the seats. And the only place I see people complain is here on this message board.

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 04, 2010 04:26PM
hey they cant invite them all!

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 04, 2010 11:34PM
Where does one obtain one of these applications I have never had the opertunity to fill one out

Re: NFMS selection committee is a joke! November 05, 2010 12:53AM
Here is a link to the application

[www.farmmachineryshow.org]

Re: Hey $$$$$$$$$$$$ November 05, 2010 01:25PM
You dont think the big boys will spend money to win the big pull. You are @#$%& crazy. Might brake at a dink pull but will fix it to win the big one. Guaranteed bar none!

Re: Hey $$$$$$$$$$$$ November 06, 2010 02:06PM
Very well said ss it shouldn't matter if it $500 or $5000 to win a true puller will always wants to be at the top of there game!!

Re: Hey $$$$$$$$$$$$ November 07, 2010 10:51AM
The big dogs or kings always want the recognition no matter what it cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmm.....No diesel trucksCool November 07, 2010 11:53AM
Well it looks like all that talk about diesel trucks is'nt really anything!!!!

Re: ummmm.....No diesel trucksCool November 07, 2010 12:41PM
What do you mean isn't anything?

Re: ummmm.....No diesel trucksCool November 07, 2010 03:34PM
I just looked at the web site and looks like about 10 grease burning pickups for Saturday afternoon.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009