Re: 1988 tnt louisville November 07, 2010 07:00AM
Now why dont NTPA and PPL look at adding classes like that instead of making the new and inproved super super farm or super pro or whatever they come up with next!!! Just my 2 cents!

Re: 1988 tnt louisville November 07, 2010 07:34AM
pull starting a mod...now we dont see that every day....

Re: 1988 tnt louisville November 07, 2010 07:40AM
I get started watching those and I cant stop. Great vids.

Re: 1988 tnt louisville November 07, 2010 08:41AM
That was when tractor pulling was awsome! How about Headly and being pull started? Awsome clips thanks for telling us about this.

Re:The "Good Ol Days" November 07, 2010 04:18PM
Boy i remember that night like it was last weekend.Myself and a few friends got our tickets through Wheeler Rittenger and was setting in the front row about the 100 ft mark for the week.It was snowing like blizzard outside and the City of Louisville or whoever took care of the roads was not ready ,let alone equipped to handle so much snow that night.The roads were a mess when we left the pull,hadn't been plowed,hard to even figure out where the road was.Sure glad we had 4wd to get around that night and the next morning.

Back then pull starting was a common sight to see,that guy giving Headly a yank sure got coated in Alky when the tank busted.That could of turned ugly if it caught fire.Headly was lucky to drop and have the time to get a different tank on and get to pull.

Re: Re:The "Good Ol Days" November 07, 2010 04:48PM
I remember that nite we were there on a ffa trip.Somewhere I have som pit pics if I could ever find them

Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 08, 2010 01:53PM
Is Steve Johnson's Wild Hare from 1988 (the first hook on the video) the same tractor as Sharon Everman pulls currently.

They look almost exactly the same other than a few upgrades. The same Paint, lettering, and the fenders are even cut the same.

Sharon's Tractor

Just wondering. If it is, it's pretty cool how these tractors don't die, they evolve.

Thanks Justin

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 08, 2010 09:27PM
Yes , It is the same tractor except for the engines and motor configuration which was changed last year .We bought the tractor from Steve Johnson . Thanks Henry Everman

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 09, 2010 03:26AM
That tractor was originally the "Thumper" Tractor out of Ohio built by Dan Utz (sp) not sure but it has been around since the early 80's

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 09, 2010 10:22AM
I thought that tractor looks like Utz' Thumper. I had no idea it was still around. Ive got pics of it from back in the 80's somewhere here. It really is amazing how these tractors just keep moving on. Seems like nobody has the heart to tear them apart. Smiling

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 09, 2010 12:56PM
I don't think that is correct. I thought Steve Johnson built the Wild Hare from the ground up and Dan Utz's Thumper went to NE were it was run by Mike Bowdish and Wayne Clark with an allison on it.

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 09, 2010 01:20PM
I was told it was a sister tractor built by kippley, a match to walsh's tripple arias

Wild Hare & Dirtslinger November 09, 2010 01:39PM
I was always told that the frames for both of those tractors were built by the same person. If you watch both of them go down the track they lift the front tires and flex the same.The dirtslinger is still winning today as a single engine mod so whoever built those tractors done there homework

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman November 10, 2010 12:12AM
Wild Hare was built by Rick Kippley in Roxbury, WI as was Leichner's Dirtslinger triple. Kippley built engines, chassis and transmissions for many classes.

Kippley November 10, 2010 05:27AM
Does he work for Greg Anderson now?

Re: Kippley November 10, 2010 09:11AM
Been approx 6yrs since I dealt with Rick, at that time he was involved pretty heavily in Busch GN Racing, and my tranny was one of if not the last one he ever reworked. Very talented guy!

Re: Kippley November 10, 2010 01:19PM
Rick worked for Ken Black racing (Greg Anderson, Jason Line) in the engine shop but has since moved back to WI recently and is working on classic cars for someone...

Re: Wild Hare......Sharon Everman June 09, 2015 02:56PM
Dan utz thumper tractor was built by miller out of ohio and had 2 keith black hemis

Re: Indy Super Pull Unlimited Modified 1994 Part One November 10, 2010 06:14AM
If you are interested in older "Classic" Videos, this video is on the main page....Scroll down a bit and you will find it.

I will probably make it a feature video and move it to the top so people can watch it for a few days with out it getting buried.

Pulling Depot

Dan Dunham

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009