4430 blanket fit November 24, 2010 11:00AM
ordering trans blanket for my 4430 syncro farm stock class tractor they want to know what holes to put in it im going to make a plastic timplate what can i go over or have to mark cut out they dont have a pattern for a 4430

Re: 4430 blanket fit November 28, 2010 03:53AM
For sure you have the 2 holes in the top where your dash,cowl, etc is bolted to the bellhousing. Then you have to decide if you're leaving your stock battery boxes on. I'd try moving them. The big thing I see looking at mine is how you keep the balanket from interfering with the operation of the rod between the clutch pedal & the valve, assuming you're all all factory stuff in there.

Re: 4430 blanket fit November 28, 2010 05:20AM
thats what i see do you have the clutch rod hole cut out or go over it I know to cut out the return line & lines from the breaks they say the blanket is 89 in long but you need to know where to have holes i plan to leave fendered battery boxes in place

Re: 4430 blanket fit December 03, 2010 12:51PM
Never tried it, but I've heard tell of guys heating a piece of pipe red hot & driving it through a blanket to make the holes. Anybody tried it?

Re: 4430 blanket fit December 03, 2010 01:17PM
Yes i have but that was on the old chute blanket. Dont breath in the fume they are bad!!!!!

Re: 4430 blanket fit December 03, 2010 02:35PM
thanks for the info ,i have herd that from the locals / but they all have 4020 bellhousings/dry I can get one made but stroud/srp have not made one for a 4430 or other wet clutch jd tractors, most have changed to dry clutch , its hard to find wet cluth blanket pattern,thanks for info /deere/z/28

Re: 4430 blanket fit December 04, 2010 01:05AM
Stroud made one for my perma clutch tractor about 5 or 6 years ago. While it was not a perfect fit, it worked OK. It is hard to get a real nice fit with the shape of the bell housing and the deep well for the PTO gear. On hindsight I always thought I should of cut/milled the PTO gear well off and covered it with a plate, as I removed the PTO gear anyway. I have since went to a dry clutch and sent the blanket back to Stroud to have it modified and recertified. PM me and I can give you my name and maybe Stroud can pull some records on what he made for me.

Re: 4430 blanket fit December 04, 2010 08:14AM
Get the blanket from Stroud Safety, wrap it around the bell housing, make marks for all you lines, pipes, linkages. Heat up a pipe or piece of box steel and burn a hole through it. Done it to both of our 4230 tractors, works great and looks decent to.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,871, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM