SB JD blocks November 27, 2010 04:27PM
What are the advantages of running a crank driven oil pump over the 30 or 40 series if you are going to run an external oil pump ?

Re: SB JD blocks November 28, 2010 11:35AM
if you are running an external oil pump, i would not know why it would matter what series block you run......

Re: SB JD blocks November 28, 2010 11:56AM
I do not have the external yet but run a 40 series block that I may bore and stroke to point where I cannot run a internal pump with either block but i have a good 40 series and was wondering if it is wise to continue to put money in it.

Re: SB JD blocks November 28, 2010 12:14PM
as far as the block goes, use what you have, then when you get to the point you need to remove the oil pump for clearance ,remove it and clearance the block to get your crank to turn. there isnt any part of the old pump or housing you will need to reuse.

Re: SB JD blocks November 29, 2010 12:37PM
I would run the crank driven oil pump block if I was you. BEEN THERE DUN THAT. If I remember right get your die grinder ready if you would like to stroke with a cam driven oil pump block there is big clearence issues. Also if you run a crank drivn oil pump block you have more crank options like a 8.1 crank without any clearence issues and still run the stock oil pump. Its just my 2 cents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 12:44PM by Hotsmallblock.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro