Long time Nebraska puller lost November 30, 2010 07:43AM
Von Jurjens of Eustis, Nebraska passed away last night. He pulled a diesel John Deere 4055 LSS in the surrounding area for many years. Von will be missed greatly on the circuts next year.

One of my fondest pulling memories was Von winning the LSS class at the Nebraska State Fair in 1996. The usually stoic Jurjens, couldn't hide his smile all afternoon.

Greg

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost November 30, 2010 07:47AM
He definetly will be missed. Von was a great guy to be around.

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost November 30, 2010 10:23AM
Funeral will be December 4th at 10:30 a.m. at the Lutheran Church in Eustis, Nebr. All pullers (past and present) are invited as they will be honorary pall bearers for Von. We will be keeping Gail and family in our prayers.

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost November 30, 2010 11:10AM
von will be missed,what a nice guy. our thoughts and prayers go out to his family

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost November 30, 2010 11:30AM
Growing up pulling around Von I learned alot from him, watching how he made great passes all the time and put on a great show. His family was great supporters of his pulling team and would always be at the pulls. Truely a legend in is own time.
Chris

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost November 30, 2010 01:12PM
Very sorry to hear this. I knew Von for many years from back when he pulled an A-C 190. Thoughts and prayers from the Ground family.

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost December 01, 2010 04:49PM
I came across this website last night while trying to find comfort in watching old videos of my dad and his tractor on the internet. What a glorious surprise and very therapeutic to hear such wonderful things about our dad. We just thought the world of him, and it's so reassuring to hear that his colleagues respected him just as much. He had such a passion for tractor pulls. I'm so grateful for your kind words and I will print everything to pass along to my mom.
Thank you, Janisha (Von's oldest daughter)

Re: Long time Nebraska puller lost December 02, 2010 12:07AM
What a truly wonderful post by a daughter that loved and respected her father greatly. It’s so nice to hear that Janisha Ruda found comfort in the kind words from Von Jurjens friends and fellow competitors. God Bless

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009