minnesota pro farm December 09, 2010 03:29PM
how many pro farm tractors are there left in minnesota. think it alled upm ntpa

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 12:34AM
there are about 5 pro farms that pulled in upm this year. i have heard of possibly a new one coming out next year. there are a couple more that brush pull also.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 08:38AM
I had the pleasure of watching the Pro Farm class last summer and although low on numbers, they were very high on quality. It would be awesome to see the class grow to 15 to 20 tractors. With the current set of rules in place, a guy could build a tractor for a fraction of the cost of a superfarm.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 12:37AM
Five of them have been running most of the time, but there could be two or three more if they would show up.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 01:50AM
profarms for UPM in 2011 should be at least these,Joel wiltscheck,Ernie Lange,mark muefels,randy lefebrve,warren daluge,jeremy ploetz,megan regnier and I have heard ronny regnier is building aswell, also heard rumor of a tractor from butterfield aswell! hopefully we will see kevin shultz come back. There are more tractors out there that could easily run this class but for some reason they don't.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 02:04AM
In addition to the above post i believe mark and mitchel lange are going to pull that class as well.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 06:10AM
that could be a real interesting class with the veterans of warren and ernie and randy. i do like this class. it is more afforable. i know for a puller want-a-be like my self it would be a eaisier class to get into. makes it fun to watch when i can say that could be me some day Grinning

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 07:32AM
I heard a rumor bout a blue one joining the mix from west of the cities. Someone said it wasn't to far from completion if the guy would just focus a little bit during the day and get something done! Confused

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 07:42AM
may be if rumor would show and be a team player not out entertaining his cousins we could have a whole bunch of iron on the track!

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 08:14AM
This is exactly what i mean, playing on the puter when he's supposed to be blowing smoke out through the pipe in the wall. As far as more tractors for the pf class there is one guy from alma center wi that would maybe possibly show up but you'd have to let him win. :]

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 08:22AM
SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF SMOKE BLOWING TO ME SmokingGrinning

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 08:40AM
rumor makes a good point! would be great to see some iron from wis. come run the pro farm class. P.S. he can win just as much as he earns! Maybee a green one from the south east could kick some if he wasn't to busy pickin on other people!

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 08:47AM
That will be great to see some new tractors and some differnt color in that class!!! exited for next year

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 09:21AM
We all hope this class really takes off and thrives. It is by far the most least expensive tractor to build and keep running. If the numbers continue to grow the purse money will too.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 12:48PM
only problems i have is with the class, that makes it so i can't run is your not able to run radial tires... and i am also not very crazy about putting a slug on my turbo.. if those rules changed i could/would come and pull more with you guys and could possibly bring some other WI iron...

Re: minnesota pro farm December 10, 2010 01:24PM
what exactly are the rules, I might be interested

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 12:45AM
ntpa website has rulebooks for sale $6

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 02:15AM
466?

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 02:52AM
these are most of the rules -466cubes, 3inch I.D. pipe within 3inches of the face of the wheel on both compressor and exhaust and that 3inch restriction must be at least 3inches long. 20.8 non radial tires, 9500lbs, p-pump maximum, ag intake and exhaust manifolds. All other safety rules and chassis rules like a superfarm.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 12:40PM
Some good rules, would like to see this class grow. Allow radials and shiny rims, drop the 3" exhaust tube and let them run any manifolds and this class could really GO!Thumbs Up

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 12:46PM
ag type manifolds? does that mean you cant run the intercoled truck intake, think the # 1815307 ?????

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 12:49PM
every manifold ag only,and they will never get rid of the slugs, they dont want them kicking super plow ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 01:54PM
My humble opinion Winking the slug rule is a good rule. It allows for some "other options" when it comes to selecting a turbo. When I say selecting I mean as far size, wheel combinations, and brands. With that said I would like to see class open to the idea of allowing 3x3 smooth cover turbos maybe for a year just to evaluate and see how they compare along side turbos that are "restricted". Also to see how many of those tractors would ACTUALLY SHOW UP. Like I said just a thought. As far as using radial tires or aluminum rims they should be allowed if you so desire, to me thats a no brainer. To not, makes about as much sense as outlawing a certain kind of transmission! But what do I know.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 03:27PM
The 3 inch ID pipe/restrictor tube is a good rule. That gives pullers options (including running 3x3 smooth cover turbos). I'm not a fan of the protruded wheel chargers that often get expensive and are a pain to police. I'd like to see them drop the restriction on the exhaust side and just have it on the inlet.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 03:28PM
has anyone done dyno testing as to how efective the 3x3 resttiction is? what is the most common turbo used ? and how much did the restrictors hold it back????

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 03:43PM
Haven't heard dyno numbers, but it shouldn't be difficult to run bigger than a 3x3. They should make some power and turn some rpms.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 11, 2010 05:12PM
How-bout a 3.2 ID pipe on the inlet and nothing on the exhaust. Then guys could run the bigger wheels on the HX 60 (3.15 x 3.62) and we'd still have inexpensive chargers... and something more fun to drive and watch.Beer

Re: minnesota pro farm December 12, 2010 01:27AM
there have been a few pro farms on the dyno here, I can't tell you exactly what was found because thats up to the customer to say but slugs only robbed about 30hp. as far as what turbo so far i have seen 3 different combos work pretty well. I you would like more info or help look me up I would be happy to help! Bill Daluge

I totally agree with the big1 that they should get rid of the radial rule and who cares if someone wants shiny wheels just adds to the show!

Re: minnesota pro farm December 12, 2010 01:49AM
Bill, would you give me a call when you get a chance ?? 605-480-1077 thanks

Re: minnesota pro farm December 12, 2010 03:41AM
would very much like to come pull also if they drop the no radials! and drop the slug rule! cps has also added the pro farm class to run with the ntpa rules i see on there 2011 rule page

Re: minnesota pro farm December 12, 2010 12:51PM
My experience on the dyno testing is the slugs robs alot of HP and torgue more then just 30 HP... then it also set pressures all out of wack.... i run the latest and greatest precision 3x3 and there is no was i will put slugs on it... i will agree let the bigger turbos be choked down with the slugs and let the 3x3 run with out slugs see how that works... and if your worried about policing it.. get it sealed like the super farms are.. radials and shiny wheels need to be allowed before i come and pull... thanks for the space

Re: minnesota pro farm December 14, 2010 03:14PM
Don't forget, you can run any size turbo in this class. You just need a 3" ID pipe, which wouldn't have to be a permanent slug. I agree it would be nice if the 3x3 guys didn't have to run a 3" ID pipe or 3" welded slug. The problem is NTPA does not want another sealed turbo class. Maybe the Tech Officials could use a hand-held slug to measure the inlet and exhaust at the face of the wheel (for those running a 3x3 setup).Confused One way to make this class a lot better, and easier to govern, would be to drop the exhaust restriction. It would also give pullers even more inexpensive turbo options.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 15, 2010 01:23AM
well most of us all have the the right idea but will anybody liten? pro hot farmers has the right idea if ntpa wants more tractors to pull lets make a few adjustments and let the class grow!

Re: minnesota pro farm December 15, 2010 01:47AM
With so many people concerned about the class i think the mn banquet is in feb all you should go thier and commit to the class and pull a year and then work on the rules that personally fit you because that is how pulling works

Re: minnesota pro farm December 28, 2010 02:12PM
Just curious what gear are the IH's running in this class. Mabey over direct? what ring and pinion? Thanks.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 28, 2010 02:35PM
hey JD... Binders are running 19 to 1 final... I heard JD's are at around 26-27 to 1 final

Re: minnesota pro farm December 28, 2010 11:07PM
Evidently the IH's are using a ta because low side would drop final ratio back to about 27:1. Other wise that is a huge difference. Thanks

Re: minnesota pro farm December 29, 2010 01:28AM
When and where is the banquet? Does anybody in the class object to radial tires. If they allow them I would come up and run the class. I would be interested in going to the banquet if they consider changing the tire rule

Re: minnesota pro farm December 30, 2010 01:51AM
info @ united pullers of minnesota website under news letter. or contact the pres. or a tech and talk to them. it would be nice to see more iron in the class.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 31, 2010 03:02AM
The banquet is January 29. What meeting do non members go to so we could show our interest in pulling with them if they would allow radial tires??

Re: minnesota pro farm December 31, 2010 06:06AM
Talked to the upm secretary sounds like the morning meeting would be the besttime to be there, we have class breakout meetings then. That would be a good time for those who pull in the class to discuss rule's. Personally I hope the tire rule gets looked at allowing radials and aluminum rims just makes sense to me but i don't pull in that class.... Hope you can make the meeting it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to stay for the afternoon meeting aswell then you would know the outcome of a board decision if the were to change the rules.

Re: minnesota pro farm December 31, 2010 01:46PM
I heard you were building a pro farm to?

Re: minnesota pro farm January 01, 2011 06:33AM
Cant believe it's not done I mean how long can it possibly take!?! I bet if it was your a$$ sitting in the seat it would be done. Then ya dont even let the big guy name it. Squealing Beagle? Real nice, I mean really are ya kidding me Jackwagon!

Re: minnesota pro farm January 01, 2011 07:11AM
Don't you pay NTPA membership just like super farm, so why should you not have the same services as any other classes do. The sealed turbo would be easier from pull to pull than having to check tubes on size and length. I don't have a problem with the tube and turbo combinations. I just think that if a puller would be running a turbo that is checked and sealed as a option, it would save those puller money also. You have pullers that pull other organizations the are willing to work together such as Badger State, Tri-State Truck and Tractor, and others that pull in the neighborhood. They may not make all the hooks, but to make a number of hooks and put on better shows at those hooks are better for UPM and NTPA.

Re: minnesota pro farm January 01, 2011 09:40AM
Don't woory about the slug rules on the pro farms. Upm might check them once or twice a year, and if it don't pass on your tractor it's o.k. you won't get kicked out, if you don't believe me just ask Ernie Lange.

Re: minnesota pro farm January 01, 2011 01:15PM
who was that? A John Deere that use to pull profarm???

Re: minnesota pro farm January 01, 2011 02:21PM
Come on now are you serious with the ernie lange stuff... its old news get over it. He got a fair punishment, lets move on already. Bill... why do you gotta be so mean. let your pops pick out the name of his tractor. I do like the sound of squealing beagle tho... haha!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM