sled & driver December 14, 2010 11:14AM
Nearpass No14 & craig Storm.

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 02:40AM
What I should have said is who do you think is the best sled & driver. Out of the sleds we use in my area I feel Craig Storm & the Nearpass N0 14 does an excellant job.
When I hook to his sled I feel confident & he always the sled set right. He lets u run & shuts everyone down with consistancy.

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 02:46AM
I pull in mn state and region 3 steve johnson and the orange ironman do an excellent job! I also enjoy pulling Jonny Peterson does a good job aswell, these guys are a huge part of every show and get very little credit for it!!

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 03:02AM
Have gone to a lot of pulls in my short 17years but i think in the Ohio area, Mr.Singer has top notch sleds and does an awesome job. Maby Mr.Stimmle should ask Singer for some advice on how to not only operate but also maintain a sled, every pull I have been to I have yet to see a show run smooth when the TrackBoss is there trying to stop the trucks and tractors.

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 03:09AM
Johnny could stand to listen to a little less AC/DC and more Allan Jackson on the old Ipod !!!!Spinning

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 07:01AM
Steve Johnson and the ironman orange do a great job not only in region 3 and 5 but in minnesota as well and if you notice steve is in the orange sled at TOMAH and Bowling green what does that tell you!!!

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 07:45AM
Can't beat Mike on Mean Green. May not be the fanciest sled but he sticks them all down there pretty far without repulling the whole class. Very little down time when he is doing the show.

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 08:09AM
I have to give my vote to Sugar Ray Lowry. He lets you run fast and doesn't hit you like a ton of bricks. I wished we hooked him everytime.

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 10:04AM
I always liked the old Otwell sled and the heavy old boat that Tampico uses. Love them old sleds!!

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 10:50AM
I know the worst. Gary Schyvinch with the attitude adjuster. It is almost a better show when it breaks. Can't be on time either.

Re: Best sled & driver December 15, 2010 11:30PM
1bigfan
Steve Johnson and the ironman orange do a great job not only in region 3 and 5 but in minnesota as well and if you notice steve is in the orange sled at TOMAH and Bowling green what does that tell you

It tells me somebody stabbed Hager in the back to get both their sleds in there!Winking

Re: Best sled & driver: 12000lb pork chops December 20, 2010 01:56PM
I vote for scrap iron express sled and good ole "uncle porky" driven by Ricky @ Benny Olsstrum of Elk river MN.

Re: Best sled & driver December 16, 2010 02:37PM
Craig Storm and old #14 hands down!

Re: sled & driver December 15, 2010 11:28AM
In WI Jim with 007.

Re: sled & driver December 15, 2010 12:43PM
No matter what you folks say the best sled and driver has to be Santa . what other sled can move so fast and make that many stops? Just like most of the other sled operators if you tick him off you are SOL. Remember Santa stopped with ho ho ho only three not Tiger took him seven or so

Re: sled & driver December 15, 2010 02:48PM
MECHANICAL MULE, TOM VANHUISEN WI. IL IA. NOBODYS BETTER......... IN MY OPINION

Re: sled & driver December 16, 2010 04:24AM
Man you nailed it, with backing into things and smashing the cab up, getting it picked off the guard rail when it gets to swinging because the back end is so high off the ground, the running out of fuel during the pull and spending hrs to get it runnin again plus the other break downs, it doesn't get any better. That's why it's BSTP sled of the year, opps I'm wrong Brad and the Terminator was the sled of the year.

Re: sled & driver December 16, 2010 10:47AM
I don't know what they did to the Terminator last winter, but it sucked this year.

Re: sled & driver December 16, 2010 01:59PM
well guys i dont no what to tell you. but i have always loved hookin up to his sled. yah he might have problems. who dont. unless you have a check book with unlimited checks. how many times didnt you guys not make it off the line or have problems at 100 ft. dose he run you guys down no he dont. i have been hooking that sled for many years. THANKS BRAD DURST

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 12:12AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: sled & driver December 16, 2010 07:45PM
Over the range of 40 years of hooking on to sleds,time in and time out I'll hook to the old pro,the father of sled inovation,and without a doubt the best operator of them all,if anyone can come out of the box set perfect,with so many different tracks and conditions of the track,they have cussed him,copied him,backstabbed him,and underbid to buy the bussiness,but the master is Dave Hager,it is nothing less than an honor to back up to his sled you know you are going to get to take a run for the win.

Re: sled & driver December 16, 2010 08:53PM
Kevin Bauer and ANY Bauer sled!

Re: sled & driver December 16, 2010 11:29PM
Great post,... Hager is the leader not the follower ! Never ever worry about that sled picking winners. Thumbs Up

Re: sled & driver December 19, 2010 06:44PM
Singers do very well at all the pulls around here in Ohio

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009