Forums December 16, 2010 08:55AM
I was just thinking if there is a way that we can change the forum layout? It would make it easeir to read if the post and the comments where on the same page. This would save all of us alot of time by not having to go through everyones links. I just throught that this would make the site better.

Re: Forums December 16, 2010 10:06AM
Thanks for the question, that’s actually how I read/view the page… I click on one post in the thread and it brings up the entire thread on one page all with one single click. It makes things much, much faster for me to go through an entire thread without having to hit the back button and clicking on each post one at a time.

So how do you get that same feature ?… first and foremost you need to be a registered page user (creating a profile only takes about two minutes and it doesn’t cost anything!). Once you’ve done that you simply need to login and follow the instructions below:

How do I set it up so I can read all the responses in a thread on a single page?
The Feedback page is what’s referred to as a threaded Forum, meaning you can see who responds to who. Some people like that format, others (myself) prefer a flat read format. Flat read means you see the threading when you are on the feedback page, but when you click on an individual post you don’t see just one post, you see ALL the posts for that thread on one page. It makes for much, much less clicking back and forth. Click here for a screen shot of the Flat read setting.

To enable the flat read feature you login, go to “Control Center”, in the left hand column click “Forum Settings”. At the middle of the page there is an option to “Message reading display options:” make sure that is set to one of the "Multiple messages per page" settings and you will be all set. You can experiment with the setting to see what “read” format you prefer.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Forums December 17, 2010 03:15PM
thanks jake, much easier to read

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009