foaming a rear end December 21, 2010 02:42AM
i was wondering how hard it is to foam an ih rear end. what will i need to remove or block off? what is the best way to do it and what do i use to foam it?
thanks

Re: foaming a rear end December 21, 2010 02:52AM
Jake, Maximum expansion great stuff fills in the large areas and when it is dry trim it down and use the small gap filler great stuff to seal it off. The small gap filer is more dense and does not let the oil sep into it. We take a thin peice of aluminum and plate off behind the ring gear first to make a form. This needs to go to the top of te housing so you can seal it to the cover. You can attach the aluminum or remove it when your filler cures.

Re: foaming a rear end December 21, 2010 05:51AM
Also, don't try to fill a large void with one spray. What for 30 minutes between fill. If you do it all at once, the center will not cure and a very nasty goo will ooze out.
Aluminum flashing works well to form a wall.

Re: foaming a rear end December 21, 2010 11:12AM
Make sure to wear rubber gloves also. It can be a huge mess and that crap does not come off with anything but time and a sharp pocket knife.......been there done that.Beer

Re: foaming a rear end December 21, 2010 04:27PM
thanks for the info about how much weight will i lose by doing this

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009