ski bars December 22, 2010 02:04PM
can anyone tell me where to find or tell me what OSTPA rules are for these ? thanks

Re: ski bars December 22, 2010 06:02PM
Same as everybody else, they copied NTPA rules letter for letter.

Re: ski bars December 22, 2010 11:14PM
which is a good thing since they are required by one organization, it would be detrimental if another org. decided to make different requirements. For the greater good it only makes sense to use one standard on this particular item.

Re: ski bars December 22, 2010 11:33PM
Great point if ALL orgs ran same rules we could all play together Thumbs Up

Re: ski bars December 23, 2010 12:38AM
I have a question about the ski bar rule. I see guys with a tube style ski bar on there tractors. I also see another style, not as popular. They use a flat piece of steel, cut a few holes in to lighten it attach it to the frame and add the ski to the bottom. I have seen this on several NTPA tractors. Is there an advantage to this style compared to the tube style? There was a guy on here about 6 months ago selling them. Opinions?

Re: ski bars December 23, 2010 04:37AM
ok so where can I find them or can anyone tell me what the specs are

Re: ski bars December 23, 2010 12:22PM
skid plate mounted inline with framerail. equal strenght as frame. securlt mounted and bracedto chassis. min. 4 in wide and 12 in long. w/min 6 in curve from, front.
NOTE: skid plate must be able to support weight of front end when checked with a jack. max. 4 in high from ground.

go to ntpa sie $6 for rule book $2 shipping. almost everybody uses NTPA rules as guide lines.

Re: ski bars December 24, 2010 08:12AM
Bottom of skid to be max 4" from the ground, or same distance from ground as bottom of the wheel, whatever is closest to the ground.
For example; If you have rubber band tires with 2" sidewalls, the skids must be 2" off the ground.
But if sidewalls are 6", the skids would need to be 4" off the ground.

Re: ski bars December 24, 2010 01:23PM
thanks guys for the info helped out alot ....one more thing do they have to be made out of .......what ?? seemless pipe...square stock or what ????

Re: ski bars December 25, 2010 11:39AM
yep.
Rule says, same or greater strength as the frame, so square tube, round DOM, whatever is as strong or stronger than your frame,,,,
Just guessing EMT or PVC pipe wouldn't make the grade.

Re: ski bars December 27, 2010 01:27AM
Thanks for the help !!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009