needled differential December 24, 2010 03:35AM
is there a stock deere differential that is already needled that will work in 4430 rear. if so does anyone have part # or recommend anything different. Thanks

Re: needled differential December 24, 2010 08:53AM
I will tell you this much save your coin on the stock parts and go with what you know works and has been proven to work. You wont save any money in the long run. You will by the cheaper part then a year or 2 later it will fail then you spend it once more but by that time you have to buy other parts to up grade so by cheaping out now you will pay later. I know for a Red tractor a billet needle dif run about 500 bucks with your core so i cant imagine a JD one would be much more. Plus do you really want to do all that work more than once if your stock part ever fails????

Re: needled differential December 25, 2010 05:52AM
The 55 series or any replacement small frame Waterloo 3 pinion Diff is factory needled. AR101618 is the anti friction diff kit for a 4430 quad or sync. Only the spider gears are needled the side gears still use thrust washers. You will wreck the transmission gears long before you ever hurt a 3 pinion factory diff. The fact that you could make 3 diffs for a 1466IH out of one diff for a 4430 probably has something to do with that.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM