Motels in Rantoul December 24, 2010 04:59AM
Of course last minute as usual, does anyone have any experience with the Days Inn in Rantoul? I was surprised to see that they still had rooms available and the ratings aren't too good. Has anyone stayed there in the last year or 2? Opinions please. Thanks. I dont want to have to drive to Champaign every night if I dont have to. Thanks in advance.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 24, 2010 05:06AM
One step above a tent. Been told, cold rooms with heater problems, over all poor service. When asked the manager never wanted to help out the event in anyway, better rates for pullers, fans, advertising in program, etc.

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 24, 2010 05:23AM
They say.... Any porch is good in the rain.

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 24, 2010 05:28AM
We find the motels are better in Urbana..... are more options for eating as well...

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 24, 2010 08:44AM
We have always stayed in Urbana they always have room there are 4 hotels right next to the High way, Best westerns and a Rood roof or something like that not sure on the other name. Close eating joints and maybe some night life if your into that. It only took us 20 min to get to the show found a back road that came out right next to Gordyville. Well good luck its worth the trip. I found out last year stay away from the Stagecoach at Gordyville in between shows the WI crowd in there can be a little to much fun.

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 25, 2010 03:12AM
No such thing as too much fun!

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 26, 2010 03:41PM
what about the ramade in urbana... looks like the reviews are decent but its a little ways away. Would it be worth the drive rather than days inn.

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 24, 2010 07:34AM
J R
might try the quarters inn in rantoul they may have a room left
been staying there for the last few years not to bad of a place

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 25, 2010 03:27AM
Stayed there 3 yrs ago. Looked good from the outside but like others said one step above a tent. Typical cleanliness for a days inn, kinda cheap, so dont expect it to be a Holiday inn. I stayed there with my girl friend at the time so i wasnt to worried about the small things....it had a bed!!!Beer

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 25, 2010 11:07AM
I just made reservations at the days inn in rantoul, there were still rooms available there. Mapquest says its 12 minutes away... alot better than the half hour it takes to get to champain.

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 25, 2010 11:18AM
Trust me, next year you will not stay there.

Re: Motels in Rantoul December 25, 2010 11:24AM
Yea, I backed out and cancelled my reservation there. I got a room at the Best Western next door with the Streett gang. Thanks for the heads up guys.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM