removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 24, 2010 11:18AM
We were hoping to remove the pto out of a ford 9700 with dual power. Was wondering how this can be done. Wondering where the dual power regulating valve is at , we are thinking it is in the pto.
Thanks for the help

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 24, 2010 01:18PM
you can remove the gears in the back but you have to leave the PTO pack in with the shaft that runs to the back so your hyd pump will work @ least thats what we done on our 9000 unless you run a different pump for your dual power ...dont know how different a 9700 is from a 8/9000

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 24, 2010 03:28PM
We figured that but we are trying to figure a way to remove everything for the pto and still run the dual power.

Thanks for the help

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 25, 2010 12:53AM
If I am not mistaken, the pto,dual power and diff lock use a small pump that piggybacks on the back of the main hyd. pump.these require much less pressure then any thing you might run off your remotes,in theory if you could install a pump direct in place of the pto clutch, and direct the flow through a regulator before the dp and diff. you could do away with the main pump and hyd assembly on the side of your rear housing,thus saving a lot of weight! I have not tried this before but I am sure with a bit of determination,an ingenious character could quite easily do it! good luckSmiling

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 25, 2010 02:14AM
I havn't tried it yet but plan on taking the pto cultch pack out and using a snap ring to hold the pump gear on. that would be easier than anything I could come up with.

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 25, 2010 02:33AM
We are thinking of that too but now we are wondering where the dual power regulating valve is at because the book we got shows it in possibly two places. One at the pto pack and one on the side of the case by the hyd pump .

Thanks

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 25, 2010 02:41PM
The regulater valve is located at the dual power..just remove feed line going in to the pto at valve assy and plug it..regulater at the dual power should compensate and hold pressure...

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 26, 2010 01:36AM
Blue Puller. I went through this on a 9600. Valve had to be on pto for it to regulate. It can only regulate flow in the one direction. Put it on hyd housing and its a $200 plug. Dont forget the 20 psi trans. lube port if you change pump setup.

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 26, 2010 12:43PM
I thought the pressure regulator was located in the differential lock valve assy...under the plunger or part of it??

Re: removal of pto in a ford 9700 December 26, 2010 02:34PM
we have this same setup in our profarm. we welded a collar on the pto shaft to hold on the drive gear. that way u dont have to have all the pto clutch or valve. the low pressure pump aka the piggy back pump for dp, pto, diff lock is internally regulated in the pump but we also installed an external regulator on the outside. we plugged the lines for the diff lock and pto and removed the pressure regulator on the high pressure side so all its doing is circulating oil. this has been working in the tractor for 5 years any questions on how to make it work just give me a call 618 267 0438

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,769, Posts: 229,936, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009