No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 28, 2010 01:02PM
Just wondering why neither of Esdon's tractors are on the roster at Louisville??

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 29, 2010 03:51AM
maybe there is some B.S he is avoiding or doing lots of custom work,building for others.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 29, 2010 05:39AM
[talk.newagtalk.com]

This was on newagtalk.Looks like Esdon will be in Florida.The thread was started by a guy that had spent some time visiting John Thompson of Bad Dog 1066 IH pulling fame.John would have to getting up there in years.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 29, 2010 04:23PM
protesting cause cant run lite tractor in 6200 alky class so he stays home-worked for him before so he'll try again

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 01:19AM
I don't blame him at all!He has one of the best light supers in the country.I can see why Louisville doesn't want to screw with the smoke tube for one tractor but there are more diesels out there so why not leaver it hooked up?
Also if they won't allow the light one to run why go all the way down there with just one when you have two!As far as I'm concerned he's not protesting anything.They told him he can't run.How is that protesting?

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 01:34AM
The tube arguement is bogus at best anyway, either have the smoke in LSS pull first or last, since other grease classes pull in the afternoon anyway.
Oh well, Esdon isn't the only one staying away from "the show".
There are 4 engine mod guys that will not put up with the B.S., just not worth the hassle to have the "honor" to pull at the worlds largest attended brush pull.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 01:53AM
It is amazing how everyone is so smart on this site! As for Esdon and Loisville it is pretty hard to drive a tractor like that with a broken leg........may be healed by that time but didn't know when sign up

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 02:16AM
Broken leg??? For sure?? How did that happen???

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 02:55AM
Got in a hurry last fall and slipped of the step on the quad track.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 05:07AM
Is that why it was sitting be hind Cabela's at that old farm site for a few weeks?

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 05:09AM
This is the one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 08:34AM
Maybe he just doesn't care or just does not want to go. For whatever reason. There is more to life than tractor pulling. That is the biggest joke of a tractor pull in the world anyway.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 10:54AM
I don't understand some of these posts on here, Esdon never even sent in the form to try and get in. He has been planning on going to florida all winter long to ride the bike and get away from the snow and cold crappy weather. Besides what does he have to prove any way.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 11:43AM
Back in the Fall at the end of the season I heard that Esdon was planning on taking a Florida vacation to enjoy some time on the Harley. I know there are some out there that want to stir the pot with talk of protest/smoketube/etc..., but I believe the vacation was an event that was planned for quite some time.

I don’t blame Esdon, the Wisconsin Fords, or anyone else for taking some time to spend with family on a vacation. Pulling is great, but there is life outside of pulling for these families too.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 11:00AM
I would love to see him run some day! In my eyes he is one of the Best! But thats just My Opinion! Just like the Gentleman that wont sign his name!

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 04:17PM
what i dont get is why dont they run the light diesels this year they are running pro stocks and ssd4wd and light alkys why not run diesels with them

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 01:02AM
Maybe because some of us think diesels suck and want to watch alcohol!!!!! You have Pro's, diesel supers and super farms to watch stupid smoke. Can u leave us two classes of awesome tractors that arent interupted by a stupid smoke tube??

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 01:27AM
punisher U must be a woman

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 04:13AM
If not, he has his sisters little girl shorts on !!

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 05:57AM
Pardon my ignorance, but why does that make any difference when you can't see the smoke at Louisville anyway?

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 01:05PM
Real tractors don't have spark plugs.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 07:50AM
You give someone crap about not signing their name but you don`t? The only real name in the whole thread is Jake Morgan. And for sure the NFMS and pulling will go on without Esdon Lehn. He brings very little to any event.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 10:28AM
Yeah he doesnt bring much to any event 11 GN titles, 4 Nfms titles, and 300 plus wins just a class filler thats all he will never amount to anything the way he runs. Tougue Out

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? January 02, 2011 08:19AM
He brings just enough,but Mr.Bundy said it best.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 30, 2010 05:51PM
that he is giving someone else a chance to win at the NFMS. He has nothing to prove there, won it last year on Sat. nite in the finals.

Re: No "King of Smoke" at Louisville??? December 31, 2010 10:47AM
Could be-
that he is giving someone else a chance to win at the NFMS. He has nothing to prove there, won it last year on Sat. nite in the finals.

Lil guy in the green thingy does that...........Eye Popping

Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. December 31, 2010 07:07PM
Actually, the real "king of smoke" will be there. He will be piloting the youngblood AC and the git 'er done deere!!

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 01:21AM
Young blood JR be nice to see afew smokers mixin up the lite supers Punisher if the smoke tube bores you so much to watch, maby you should watch something that is a little more exciteing and you r style like a play, a nice dog show or muppets on ice i hear none of them are running diesels or smoke tubes

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 09:16AM
PLEASE!!!!! Untill he has the record that Esdon has, then he can be called King, he's more like the Jester if ya ask me... At some point he will get to big for his britches, if he isn't already! Its always pick on Esdon, why is that?? Cause he's been in it the longest?? Cause everyone knows his name?? Cause he's a pilliar of the Pulling Industry?? If you ask someone who knows their pulling who was one of the first in the Diesel SS Class, what will they say?? I'm guessing they would say Brian who???

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 09:40AM
Richard Petty has been the "King" in Nascar for 50 years even though his records and wins,Championships etc have been surpassed. Esdon will always be the King of smoke no matter who wins more or whatever just becuase he is who he is. I have nothing against Youngblood he runs good and drives and works really hard but he is the "Puff of Smoke" Esdon will always be the king.

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 10:31AM
And all I wanted to know is why he wasn't going to Louisville???

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 10:40AM
Good thing you didnt bring up Doug Roberts and the Outlaws.Smiling

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 11:18AM
NONE OF RICHARD PETTYS RECORDS HAVE BEEN BROKEN DUMAS

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 12:02PM
You are right Smiles i stand corrected he is tied with Dale Earnhardt for most titles at 7. Glad you know your Nascar history.

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 01:53PM
Bet ATF names is first born "Bill" .....hahahahahaGrinning

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 02, 2011 03:08PM
So why do you who think lehn isnt the best think that. I mean come on he is the greatest. Yeah if brian schramek keeps it up then yeah it might change but he has had a few good years so far big whoop. I dont understand why anything ever brought up about him even the simplest questoin have to end up with grumpling and complaining about how terrible he is, Go and flood someone elses internet site with your crap.

Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 04, 2011 02:26AM
Attention people with small brains,

If you want to get in here and bash Esdon (or anyone else) you must post your contact info. You must include your real name, email, AND phone number. If you’re man enough to call someone else out by name then you better be man enough to put your own name on your comments.

Esdon is one the best SS pullers of all time. His record speaks for itself. You may not personally like him or his tractors, you may not think he’s the absolute best SS puller but he should be at or near the top of everyone list regardless of your biases. If he’s not in you top ten then you list has no merit. His accomplishments over the years will quickly prove that he’s in the discussion for best SS puller ever (if not the best then he's awful darn close).

If you think he’s a cry baby, boycotter, whiner that’s fine but be man enough to stand behind your comments, otherwise I’ll continue to delete them.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 02:27AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 04, 2011 03:50PM
Mr. Morgan, it`s obvious that you will delete anything you disagree with. You always do. However every comment made about Mr.Lehn is more accurate than you will ever know. Thanks for the board space.

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 06, 2011 01:18AM
Do you honestly believe that I agree with everything on this page? That's pretty naive. I disagree with tons of comments each and everyday, but they don't get deleted.

As I've said hundreds of times over the past thirteen years on this page: you can say whatever you want (using the appropriate language) but if you want to speak negatively about someone, an organization, a business, etc... you must put your name on your post and you must include your contact information. The rules have been the same since the very start of this page. This has never been the "agree with Jake page", but I've always tried to make this page a honorable page. If you want to call Esdon a crybaby or a whiner or a waste of space on this Earth that's fine, but you MUST be man enough to stand behind your comments or else you will be deleted.

Be a man and call my bluff! Post your Esdon whining comments with your name and contact info and see if it gets deleted.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 06, 2011 10:56AM
If I were him I wouldn`t even acknowledge you Jake. It`s a well known fact that you delete anything you disagree with. You even have a harem of admin cronies to delete stuff too. Then you and your harem post more crap so your board looks busy. And why should you expect anyone to post contact info, name, etc when you are the only one on here using your name? Put your double standards where the sun don`t shine.

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 06, 2011 01:19PM
you are a idiot.
gary sullivan
608 574 3529

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 06, 2011 01:43PM
You posted “If I were him I wouldn`t even acknowledge you Jake”… funny, you have the same IP address as the last post, so I guess you are him. So much for you not acknowledging me.

You also stated that myself and my cronies “post more crap so your board looks busy” yet as I post this there are 230 guest and about two dozen registered member using the page. So I’m not real worried about my free page (that I don’t make money on) looking busy.

If you don’t like Esdon that’s fine, but just be man enough to admit it and put your name on it. Personally I’ve never even talked to Esdon, not once that I can remember. Maybe I did when I was 8 back in 1983 but I can’t recall for sure. I’ve seen him at plenty of pulls but we’ve never actually spoken so I can’t say whether I like him personally or not. I think his track record speaks for itself and he’s accomplished a lot through the years.

Should the diesels have boycotted the alcohol tractors about ten years back? No, but maybe the NTPA wasn’t willing to listen to reason and the diesels had no choice. Maybe they were just being crybabies and whiners, I didn’t hear all the details from both sides so I’m not going to be too quick to judge him. I honestly believe that the split between the diesel and alcohol tractors has not been truly good for either class.

The funny thing is that Esdon is also the guy who proved what I’ve been saying for a number of years, that diesel and alcohol tractors can pull together if the playing field is a little more level, like in the LSS class. Esdon proved that a 504 pushrod alky and a 504 diesel can put on an awesome show, but a 650 OHC and a DSS is a little too big of a gap.

Did Esdon boycott to get the hyper block allowed? Maybe, again I’m not sure of all the facts so I can’t say for sure. I’ll be the first to admit that it definitely looked like he boycotted, but again, I don’t want to pass judgment on him without knowing all the facts.

I’m sure if we sat down to discuss Esdon’s history in the sport (of course I’d be sitting face to face and you’d be wearing a Lady Gaga Halloween costume to keep your identity a secret) we’d both find things we like and some we dislike about Esdon. Personally I think his 1486 with the gold rims and maroon paint (circa early 1980’s) was just one ugly tractor. But I’m sure if you looked at my wardrobe and haircuts through the years you’d see plenty of ugly decision I’ve made.

Esdon’s also the guy who made the most amazing rebuilding job after Redline Fever grenaded in Bowling Green a few years back. Few people could have been back on the track that quickly, and even few would have had the desire to rebuild that quickly after such a devastating explosion.

Heck, I’ve done plenty of things in my past that I regret and disagree with. Has Esdon made mistakes? Sure. Have all of us made mistakes? Absolutely! No matter what he’s done, both good and bad, he’s one of the greatest Super Stock pullers, let alone, one of the greatest pullers of all time.

Well, I disagree with your last two posts and I didn’t delete them so I guess that blows your theory out of the water.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 07, 2011 05:31AM
Go up and introduce yourself sometime to Esdon he actually is a decent fellow he doesnt always wear devil horns and carry a pitch fork.

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 07, 2011 06:07AM
I’ve actually tried to stop and talk with him a bunch of times but he was either busy getting the tractors ready or he wasn’t around the hauler. Just bad timing I guess. It seems like I usually only get to talk with about 1/10 of the people at pulls that I plan on talking with. I honestly love meeting new people as much as talking with old friends, there just aren’t enough hours in the day at most of the big pulls. There have been times that I actually didn’t mind when a session of pulling has been rained out so I could talk more with pullers. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to talk with him this summer (I still need to thank him for proving that a diesel could win in the LSS.)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Attention non-"King of Smoke" fans January 05, 2011 07:18AM
Thanks for that post, Jake. With all of the good things to be said about pulling, it is a sad commentary that so many want to hurt someone. Posting to put someone down is a way for these people to make themselves feel better. How sick is that? From experience, let me tell you that these kinds of posts can do great damage. Hopefully Esdon either doesn't read them, is thickskinned enough that they roll off his back, or, and this is my choice, maybe they make him strive to do better and better. And I might add that some weren't happy enough with the Esdon bashing and they had to bring Shramek into it. Just keep that delete button oiled and zip them off.

Forever Red to answer your question... January 04, 2011 02:51AM
Forever Red to answer your question Esdon is going to Florida with the Harley to ride bike with Kim and other friends! He was upset that the LSS wouldnt let diesels in so if one tractor can't go the other one wont go either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 02:52AM by AC WD45.

Re: Forever Red to answer your question... January 04, 2011 05:25AM
He went to the doctor yesterday and they finally cut the cast off his left leg!

Re: TO PUULER THAT KNOWS January 05, 2011 11:52AM
I dont know what there is not to understand. He wants to go to florida end of subject. I dont understand all the bs that comes because of it. somebody just asked a question, a pretty simple one at that to i might add

Re: Forever Red to answer your question... January 05, 2011 12:29PM
If that is the case that is unfornuate. When I think back of the early days about some of the true pioneers of the diesel class like Dale Kohl, Marshall Myre , John Bochawitz, Frank Lafferty, Brabecs. guys from wisconsin that pulled some fords and I'm sure I left out a bunch. Granted I was a young buck back then and didn't see all the politics but when it was time for pulling these guys rolled up their sleeves and went pulling just about anywhere pulling 7, 9, 12 and even 15,000 lb classes. These guys promoted the sport beyond their own tractors. Shoot some places they could hook 3 classes

Well anyway looking forward to seeing the new "Livin a Dream"

Re: Forever Red to answer your question... January 05, 2011 05:09PM
i was in New Hampton (the yr escapes me maybe 2000 ish) for the region hook when alot of the diesels (esdon not alone) didn't hook on sunday because ohc alkys showed up. guess what DSS is apart of the GN New Hampton pull.

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 04, 2011 01:56PM
I would have to answer Max Simpson if you asked who was one of the first innovators in the DSS class. Esdon has done a lot for the smoke classes for sure. Just pullin your chain a little!

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 05, 2011 03:52PM
I think this is so funny that this all started with someone asking a simple question of why esdon isnt going to louiville. IDK what him not being a good puller has anything to do with it. I think Esdon is a top notch competitor. I get tired of getting on this board to see whats going on in the pulling community and reading everyones worthless opionions on this person or that person come on grow up people

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 05, 2011 04:59PM
I just wonder how many of the people making these comments can out pull him; or for that matter, run even close to him.

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 06, 2011 03:29AM
i dont't all the rules but could he pull the lite one in the bigger class if he wanted to or is that set up a lot different

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 06, 2011 01:02PM
he only has a 2 bar cage on the lite one. need 3 bar cage to pull heavy class. other than that he could. SFI cage specs.

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 06, 2011 01:26PM
I don`t think cage spec`s matter in Louisville, brush pull ya know and all. Esdon Just wants a break, nuttin wrong with that!!! Florida does sound kind of good about now..........

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 06, 2011 01:49PM
Florida sounds great to me right now too! I’m on vacation right now, a long weekend visiting family in Boston. I’ve traded cold, cloudy, and snowy, for cold and cloudy with no snow. I’m ready to trade for sunny and warm. Bring on that sunshine and heat for Gordyville! (never hurts to dream!)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 07, 2011 10:46AM
Esdon's place in pulling history is secure, his performance speaks for itself. I can also understand his dissapointment if he wasn't allowed to run the 460, alot of work and money went into it not to get to run it at Louisville, it's a beautiful ride. Another thing no one is taking into consideration is the stress involved with getiing waxed by a old AC in the big class every Sat night at Louisville. Florida is a great place to get R and R, just hope Max Simpson hasn't got any AC repowered Harleys running around down there.

Re: Update - "King of Smoke" will be there. January 07, 2011 12:50PM
JD boy. Pffffffffttttttt.

Dear JAKE: January 08, 2011 02:57AM
Someday when he retires from pulling there won't be anything to talk about on here anymore. The poor guy gets more publicity on here far more than anything else that has ever been discussed on this board. Jake you might have to change your message board over to Drag Racing, or Nascar when THE KING RETIRES because there will nothing else to talk about but the cow yard brush pullers that are pissed at each other because there trying to figure out who can pull the Sh!t spreader across the field fastest without going over on the 10 mph speed limit! I forgot the bonus round, to see who can blow the silage up the pipe fastest without cheating. Just my 2 cents.

The "King" is not the King! January 08, 2011 03:14AM
Well, Esdon sure does get a few people fired up. Hot topics come and go, for a while it was the Indianhead Pullers, then SVC, or whether Farm Stock truly means "stock" or whether you should be allowed to "upgrade". But Esdon has been pretty consistent (on the track as well as on this board).

Even though Edson is the King of Smoke, he’s still only the queen of this messageboard... The undisputed heavy weight champion of the tractor pulling internet forums... Doug Roberts! I’d wager a guess that posts about Doug outnumber Esdon posts by 10 to 1. Heck, posts by Doug (or posts from a Carthage Missouri IP address) outnumber all the Esdon posts 2 to 1.

The truth is that it’s OK to be a polarizing figure some times. Leadership will often cause that.

Esdon has been near the top of the heap for a long time, some people respect that and some people envy that.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: The "King" is not the King! January 08, 2011 04:35AM
Well said Jake I forgot about Mr. Doug Roberts and the Outlaws.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009