Sled pushdown question December 30, 2010 06:14AM
we're attempting to put a pushdown on an old sled, got a question. Once the pushdown is tripped and turned on, does it stay on once the cylinder is fully extended and just squeal into bypass until the box goes back and trips it off again? just trying to figure out how to make all this work.

Re: Sled pushdown question December 30, 2010 08:30AM
you could put a sequence valve on front of your cylinder,when your rod reaches full extension,the valve will trip at a preset pressure and direct the flow to the next task or in your case back to the tank just a thought?

Re: Sled pushdown question December 30, 2010 08:48AM
would it maintain pressure on the cylinder once it was tripped? as long as it would and not let the cylinder collapse back down it would probably work. I'm familiar with basic hydraulics but never have been around a sequence valve so I'm not sure how exactly they work. Our system is regulated at 2500 psi, so I could set it to trip a little lower than that if it would hold pressure on the cylinder once tripped.

Re: Sled pushdown question December 30, 2010 10:58AM
We use a hydraulic piston accumulator to push the hydraulic cylinders down and used a electric switch to operate a solenoid valve for the hydraulic fluid to flow to the cylinders

Re: Sled pushdown question December 31, 2010 04:00AM
visit your nearest parker store or hydrolics supply house, they can determin wheither you have and open or closed center hydro system and fix you up with the proper valving you need.

Re: Sled pushdown question January 01, 2011 08:37AM
It's open center, the tricky part has been figuring out what else is needed. the accumulator that randy mentioned is somethign i haven't thought of but seems like a good idea.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM