Kenny Mack January 01, 2011 02:09PM
Sit back & imagine a tractor pull without an announcer.... It wouldn't be the same, would it? Even when your at a tractor pull & you hear people complain a little bit about what is said or if the announcer was incorrect on the pronounciation of a name or miss informed about a certain puller or machine. It still wouldn't be the same with out the announcer. That is a job that takes a certain person to do. Those who would critique ones announcing I bet wouldn't go up themselves & take over for them. I don't even know if there is a right or a wrong way to call a pull,is there? Everyone of the announcers has thier own twist on how they call a show. Everyone of those announcers that I've heard through the years put thier heart & soul in the sport to help it out & help the fans keep informed,and entertained. Being an anounncer for a great sport with the greatest people, & fans involved. You have to be the #1 fan to help the sport of truck & tractor pulling out to do a good job in my opinion. Ther are a lot of great announcers across the U.S. that help keep the sport involved & in touch with the fans. Alan Washburn, Butch Krieger, Harold Wallacer, Stacy Butson, Army Armstrong & Don't forget about Ol' Art from Ill. Just a few of many that I did'nt get to & maybe one of them out there you'd like to mention. But where I'm going with this is a pioneer in this position that we all heard over the years that has loved the sport & helped it grow still today. Kenny Mack my hats off to you & conratulations on your inductee to the hall of fame. Jon Strandlie (BSTP announcer #2)

Re: Kenny Mack January 02, 2011 09:25AM
Well said John... We would never know what was going on without the great announcers! Thanks to all of you!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009