Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 11:37AM
these guys that are running superfarms with ih, what are they running for engines? the max is 640 and alot are at it, are they getting that out of a 466? if not then what engine are they running?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 11:48AM
i assume you mean the dt 466? yes that is what they are using

Re: Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 12:01PM
boring and stroking it? or just bore?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 12:45PM
Bore stroke and Deck plate

Re: Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 01:11PM
what do they do with the deck plate?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 05:48PM
In the winter time, up nort, they use them for show shoes, or to flatten out the lefse, or to keep the lid on the leutefisk barrell and keep the skunks out.
Long aboot spring we clean them up and put 'em betweenst the top of the block and the bottom of the head like Mr. LaGod tolt us tew, so them pistons don't yump up and knock the valves all crooked.
Remember to call into the telethon cuz if you pull IH you are one of Jerry's kids !!!
Good day eh???

Re: Superfarm IH's January 08, 2011 09:39PM
I THINK 3688SF WAS JUST ASKING A QUESTION NOT TO HEAR A SMART A$$ COMMENT FROM SOMEONE ON THE COMPUTER LATE AT NIGHT MAYBE YOU CAN GET YOUR OWN WEBSITE IN LITRES EH. SEMPER FI!

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 02:49AM
cain
In the winter time, up nort, they use them for show shoes, or to flatten out the lefse, or to keep the lid on the leutefisk barrell and keep the skunks out.
Long aboot spring we clean them up and put 'em betweenst the top of the block and the bottom of the head like Mr. LaGod tolt us tew, so them pistons don't yump up and knock the valves all crooked.
Remember to call into the telethon cuz if you pull IH you are one of Jerry's kids !!!
Good day eh???

I hope when you read this back "Cain" , you can understand what an ass you sound like . You sound arrogant , disrespectful , ignorant ,childish , amoung others. Like Monkey Wrench said all 3688sf was asking is questions relative to what this site is here for, to educate , inform others who are new to the sport etc . It just makes me sick hearing posts like yours !!!! On top of it all , to poke fun at " Jerrys Kids " is totally unacceptable in itself . What a jerk !!!! , do us all a favor and stay off the cpu .

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 04:05AM
I AGREE THAT CAIN SHOULD STAY OFF THIS WEBSITE EVERYBODY HAS THERE OPIONION BUT WHEN COMPARING SOMEBODY THAT IS BORN WITH A DEFECT THAT THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IS DOWN RIGHT WRONG.I FOUGHT FOR MY COUNTRY SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE THE RIGHT TO RUN OFF AT THE HEAD IN THE END THEY WILL GET WHATS COMING, IF THEY THINK GLOBAL WARMING IS HOT JUST WAIT, HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A SAFE AND GOOD PULLING SEASON, SEMPER FI !

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 12:07PM
Pull your heads out of your rectums and THINK a minute (I know, hard for superfarm types to do), but bear with me.
LaGod,,,,,, first name JERRY, owner developer of HYPERMAX products
All the IH guys that use Hypermax products are known as "Jerry's kids"
See, Jerry LaGod,,,,,,,, Jerry's kids ,,,,,,,,,
Did I do that S L O W enough for you to follow????
Or do I need to attach pictures?
Now go have mommie burp you and comfort your hurt feelings, and for showing everyone how friggin STUPID you are and how much of a sense of humor you DON'T have.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 01:28PM
Just admit when your wrong there Cain . I think they got ya on this one , you sound like your being a jerk to me too!!! You know damn well where they are coming from especially referring to the telethon in your post . You probably dont mean no harm but we have to keep it real here.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 01:45PM
Personally, I LOL'ed reading Cain's message. Lighten up people Smiling

Re: Superfarm IH's January 10, 2011 07:10AM
That was how it was meant. Thanks for having a sense of humor !!!

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 01:33PM
i've heard a lot of the new ones are going smaller than 640 cubic inches...scaling back to 570-600. im not sure why.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 01:47PM
Alot of the super farms out there are at the 640 point, international or john deere, ect. For IH to reach 640 you need to install a stroked crank and a plate to allow the piston to move up past the top of the block. Right around the 600 mark is the largest you are going to go without stroking the crank. The reason to do it is the longer stroke gives you more bottom end torque, the reason not to is the cost of a stroked crank. Lots are keeping the cubes lower because of the turbo limit also. Hope that this will answer you questions and good luck. It is a good question.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 02:05PM
Don't believe that is totally accurate. Perhaps with more elaboration. Deckplate is not needed for 640cui on a binder...however most run them for 2 reasons strength and to accomodate a longer rod (better angle and less piston slap).

Re: Superfarm IH's January 09, 2011 02:41PM
It a nother way for everyone to cheat if you ask me Put on deckplate and stroke crank longer and you got bigger than 640 cid

Re: Superfarm IH's January 10, 2011 07:02AM
so what im getting from this is you can get around 600 by just boring but to get 640 you have to use a deck plate and a stroked crank. can you be competitive at 600? whats the ball park cost to upgrade to the deckplate and stroked crank? im in the planning stages of turning my 3688 into a sf puller. its got the 436 which is the same block as the 466 so i should be able to bore it out, and put a 466 crank in it and get 600? or since i have to purchase a crank upfront, should i just go all the way to the stroked crank and deckplate?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 10, 2011 07:13AM
The main reason some are stopping at 600 or some smaller, is there is only so much air that 3" in/out charger will EFFICIENTLY make and be able to fill and make power for you, and not just build heat.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 10, 2011 07:18AM
so the guys that are at the big size may be loosing hp to heat? so would i be better off staying at 600?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 10, 2011 07:58AM
Pay no attention to the Quakers WITHOUT a sense of humor. I thought your post was hilarious. I knew EXACTLY what you were referring to about "Jerry's kids". Some of these prude pin-heads need to take a chill pill and lighten up ayyy?? Maybe dey is up from da NORT contree and dey takes exception to bein' made fun of and dey gits der feelings hurt yaa hey.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 10, 2011 08:35AM
most are 640, keep in mind these motors can only get so much air but you make more torque by stroke,rod length,cam. which seems to be the trend.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 11, 2011 07:22AM
so how much would a stroked crankshaft cost?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 11, 2011 08:49AM
We run a 600 in super farm and its rite there with the rest of them that are 640 green or red

Re: Superfarm IH's January 11, 2011 08:54AM
you can go 640 without deck plate 4.750 bore 6'' stroke . a stroked crank should run 2200 and up ,

Re: Superfarm IH's January 11, 2011 10:42AM
i have heard that stroking is more expensive then boring, but for this application is stroking it the best way to go? and will the stroke be better because of only having to bore .45?

Re: Superfarm IH's January 11, 2011 11:02AM
you can also bore to 4.875 most used deck plate and stroke 5.750 to make 640. to make a 600 bore to 4.875 used a 466 crank. if you need any used parts call me . 256 218 0971 if i dont answer leave a message hope that helps mark.

Re: Superfarm IH's January 12, 2011 03:46AM
Remember that when you stroke a crank, you are taking some reliability away from you motor. A stroked crank in most cases will not last as long as a standard crank. There are some good running 600 ci motors out there. If you do your homework, you can make some pretty good hp. All in all it ends up being how much you want to spend. I have (6) 4 7/8 Hyper pistons if you are interested. These pistons with a 466 crank will make 600 c.i. 715 773-2697

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009