Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 06:00AM
Is this a very good event ? I,ve never heard nothing good about it , just wondering from anyone who has witnessed all the - hear-say

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 06:06AM
We all love going down there to watch.. You will get to see as many tractors pulling at one event as you would ever want!

Goes fast, well planned, and well executed. Klint and everybody does a great job!

I'll be down there Thursday and Friday!

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 06:41AM
I second that cavalier it's a great event if there is such a thing as to much tractor pulling its at GORDYVILLE.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 06:47AM
We enjoy going to Gordyville, its a smaller place, may not be the NFMS, but if you want to see alot of iron in 3 days, go to Gordyville! Especially if you love Tractors that smoke! (Meaning mostly Diesel Tractors) Plus it doesn't cost as much as some of the bigger shows! You get in for 16 bucks a person, pick your own seat, and enjoy some great pulling, plus for us its about 2 hrs. away!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 08:12AM by Aggirl.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 07:10AM
What smoke??? you have to go outside by the smoke machine to see the smoke. Unless the smoke tube gets loose on the tractor, then, LOOK OUT!!!! That massy, last year i think had the pipe come loose and smoke shot out sideways for several seconds rite into the stands, It was GREAT!!! I will be there by friday...

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 07:59AM
Yes Gordyville is a great pull. We went out there and pulled with those guys a couple of years ago and had a great time. Klint and all the guys there are helpful and easy to work with and put on a great show.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 09:57AM
Im attending Gordyville for the first time, what is the temperature inside? Is it heated or do you have to dress warm?

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 10:45AM
It depends where you are you coming from. It is plenty warm inside for just a sweatshirt if you are from the north. If you are from the south you may need your full winter gear. I may be coming off as a smart guy, but it is the truth.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 11:08AM
Thanks a lot im from western illinois so i guess i will just need my seat shirt

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 11:24AM
It also depends on the temp outside as to what its like inside, and where you are sitting...

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 11:32AM
Is there gona be a TV anywhere so we can keep an eye on the game on Sat.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 12:59PM
I'm thinking the Stage Coach may be a good place to catch the game. There may be a trail worn in the gravel between the buildings on Saturday night.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 11:29AM
I would agree with the sweat shirt idea. I would also suggest a seat cushion. Some of the bleachers are wood, some are aluminum. Either way, something to pad your back side helps keep you comfortable and warmer.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 01:18PM
r team would not missit 4 anything, win or lose THE MOST FUN IVE HAD WITH MY PANTS ON !!!!!!!

Re: Gordyville questions January 11, 2011 03:40PM
FROM WHAT I HEAR, YOU DON'T YOUR PANTS OFF, OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER, VERY OFTEN!!!

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 01:31PM
Have been to Gordyville 2 or 3 times. Just got home from Murfeesburo, Tnn a few minnets ago for the 2nd time. If you want to go to a indoor pull, go to Murfeesburo. There is no comperison, you set in a real seat(not a bleatcher), not a bad seat in the house, better classes, don't have to watch as many classes of cast iron wheel tractors pull. The motels don't rip you off just because there is something going on in town. Go enjoy the pull, but I'm going back to Murfeesburo. MACK
P.S. it is cheeper to watch the pull also.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 01:36PM
I have been to Murf. Also.. but since they haven't had Pro Stock Tractors the past 2 years, we have stopped going, yes nice place, but no big Pros, that's a no go for us.....

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 01:42PM
Gordyville is kind of like a college football, it doesnt matter how crappy the seats, the entertainment and atmosphere make up for everything. I have been their every year and hope to never miss. Thanks Klint for a midwest indoor pull.

Re: Gordyville questions January 09, 2011 02:39PM
Haven't been to Murfeesuro,TN, but if you love tractor pulling, a great place to take a mini vacation come to the KEYSTONE NATIONALS in Harrisburg, PA. It has big name truck and tractor pullers from the east coast and the national light super alcohol class. All the three day classes are in one building next to the pulling track, all under one roof. The seats are stadium seats, with a wide walkway around the top. The parking lot is all paved and the motels are mostly within five miles, one next to the complex.

Re: Gordyville questions January 10, 2011 06:39AM
I know it depends on how well the earlier sessions run, but in general what time do the evening sessions usually start? I couldnt find any times on Klints page. Thanks.

Re: Gordyville questions January 10, 2011 08:13AM
Our tickets say 7:00 P.M. Central time!

Re: Gordyville questions January 10, 2011 08:16AM
the goal is 2 hours between sessions but that has been pushed against real hard in past years, I will say that vast improvement has been made through the years. That first year was brutal but it was the first year. A lot depends on how many drivers actually make it there, restarts of class or dual attempts by tractors and pulloffs.

Re: Gordyville questions January 10, 2011 08:20AM
Thursday 6:00
Friday 12 and 7
Saturday 12 and 6

Re: Gordyville questions January 11, 2011 11:39AM
First time making the trip to gordyville are you allowed to carry coolers in or not?

Re: Gordyville questions January 11, 2011 12:17PM
not

Re: Gordyville questions January 11, 2011 02:42PM
So you can't bring beer in or anything or can you buy it inside

Re: Gordyville questions January 11, 2011 03:05PM
Buy all you want inside........

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Gordyville questions January 11, 2011 03:12PM
Sounds good

Thanks alot

Re: Gordyville questions January 12, 2011 01:41AM
Another good reason to go to Murfeesboro, no loud mouth drunks spilling bear down your back while you are trying to enjoy the pull. MACK

Re: Gordyville questions January 12, 2011 02:59AM
boy you seem grumpy mister mack. whats wrong with having a good time? i dont guess you will be missed at gordyville, the rest of us dumb annoying drunks will have a good time and just poor beer down each others backs! thats what we do bein drunks and all!

Re: Gordyville questions January 12, 2011 05:17AM
I've seen just as many beer spillin drunks down south as up north, plus Gordy has a much better class selection and lineup of pullers imo.

Re: Gordyville questions January 12, 2011 05:39AM
Darn beer is to expensive to keep spilling all the time, Getting right up there with gas!!!

Re: Gordyville questions January 12, 2011 08:25AM
Just ban all the badger guys that solve that, crybaby!

Re: Gordyville questions January 12, 2011 12:19PM
must be a bug up his back side again,grumpy,and must not like gordyville,oh well!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009