knocking the back side of the cam off? January 12, 2011 11:00AM
hey as most of you know i ask alot of questions on here and the help i have gotten has been so great! but my next question i was talking to a fellow friend that is a mechanic and he was menitioning about KNOCKING THE BACK SIDE OF THE CAM OFF? what does this do and will it help on a gas engine "301+" IH thank you so much and im sure there will be many more questions

Re: knocking the back side of the cam off? January 12, 2011 03:17PM
I guess that's one way to increase lift, but if you allow the lifters to come too far out of their bores,might not last as well as you were hoping for!

Re: knocking the back side of the cam off? January 13, 2011 01:02AM
That is why a stock cam can be reground and have more lobe lift than before. The base circle (back side) is ground closer to the center line of the cam and the lobes are not ground any more than necessary. This yeilds more net lift. 99 % of the the time more flow.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520