Extreme machine January 13, 2011 05:04AM
Has anyone been able to get ahold of Ron lately. Shop, cell, home no answer.

Re: Extreme machine January 14, 2011 12:14AM
how is my email not on here?i would tell it to him strait but he doesnt answer his phone.if you want my email its nicholasak47@yahoo.com. tom nicholas

Re: Extreme machine January 17, 2011 10:59PM
Where is Captain Ron anyways?

Re: Extreme machine January 18, 2011 04:20AM
Don't know, he's always called back in the past, though not always right away. Hope he's o.k. Maybe someone living nearby can find out & let us know. Hate to keep calling if there's some reason he's out of action for awhile.

Re: Extreme machine January 18, 2011 05:08AM
I have to agree with swampy. He is quite the guy to deal with. Hope you have better luck with him than I did.

Re: Extreme machine January 18, 2011 08:23AM
Heard ron was having some health issues. I think he should be back in action soon

Re: Extreme machine January 18, 2011 10:53AM
My last post was deleted but once again, here we go. I bought an "Xtreme" turbo from Empire Diesel which they get from him. He has had a the turbo after it failed immediately after the compressor cover started to break apart on its own (apparently from bad casting) before the wheel hit the cover and messed up the billet wheel/shaft/cover . Said he would make it right, sounded genuine on the phone, seemed to be a straight up guy. That was about 100 calls and over 4 months ago........ Still waiting.... I would love to run one of these kick ass turbos if i could ever get one back. Now i am just trying to get the paperweight back to send somewhere that actually will fix it. Well see if this one gets deleted too like the last one. I guess well find out of he has some friends at pulloff.com

Re: Extreme machine January 18, 2011 12:00PM
Jake Morgan [ PM ]
Feedback Page Rules new
January 21, 2010 11:58AM Admin
By posting on this page you agree that you:

* Will post comments in a courteous and adult-like manner.

* Will not impersonate other individuals, page users, or entities.

* Will not use profanity in your messages, screen names, or subject lines. PULLOFF.COM is designed to be appropriate for all ages, please use appropriate language.

* Are solely responsible for your comments, PULLOFF.COM takes no responsibility to the accuracy of comments made on this website.

* Will not speak disparagingly about a business, organization, or individual. If you feel that you need to warn or share an actual experience that may be construed as derogative or negative by other page users you MUST:

o Post your real name

o Post your contact info: address, phone number, etc...

o Alternately you may email all your info to us, but you may only post your comments after you get our reply email.

We may not all agree with every topic, but we can all be civil. Please show respect for the perspective of other page users.

Your post was deleted due to the fact you didnt follow guidelines posted above...

Extreme Machine January 18, 2011 11:04AM
I talked to ron 3 times on monday. I have had great service with ron over several years and will continue to do buy from EXTREME MACHINE

Re: Extreme Machine January 18, 2011 01:53PM
Again, I wish that I could be bragging about my experience with him as he seemed as a nice, genuine person but after calling so many times in a nice manner leaving a message to please call me, leaving my number, even emailing him and still no effort to reply what so ever. It is just really frustrating not having a turbo on my only daily driver truck, paying insurance on it for all these months and note even able to get it out of the shop because I am waiting on a part nobody seems to be working on. All I ask is that he call or communicate with me so I can get back the kick ass turbo that i paid $2200 for and move forward. That is all I want. If it works really well, he will get all the credit in the world. If he goes back on his word and sends me the defective one back with nothing done to it, at least i have it back so I can send it elsewhere. I just wanted to share my experience to protect other people on here so they don't have to go through what I have been going through since the end of August of 2010. Bret Halvorson 608-606-0900 Turbogmc@hotmail.com

Re: Extreme Machine January 18, 2011 11:37PM
Mine has been going on since april of last year.I was looking for a 3.6-3.9 turbo for my truck.We told him what we were looking for and he said he has one.i said ok,we talked about some options and agreed on a price.A week later,i drove to his shop,gave him the 25 ,100 dollar bills and went on my way.put the turbo on,drove 6 hours to a pull,got 1/3 of the way down the track,the thing exploded.It melted the cover,the wheel exploded.I called him and first he was going to fix it,then we were going to split it then i said to put it back to what the tractor guys run.thats the last i herd from Ron.He sold me something that wasnt up to the task then used every excuse why not to replace it.Oh, he even told me "if i was columbus diesel i would take care of this but i dont have the money to do it"I am talking every excuse.Not even a call back.I was willing to work with him then but too much time has passed.I know i am not alone on this.BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Re: Extreme Machine January 19, 2011 04:53AM
Hey swampy are you that dude that pulled down to Keystone with the black and red dodge? You had your exhast pipe made out of stove pipe as soon as yu took off the hole deal fell ontop of the truck. What a joke now we see who Ron has to deal with we all laughed so hard it was very entertaining.

Re: Extreme Machine January 19, 2011 05:11AM
Is there any tractor pullers unhappy with Extreme Machine or is it just truck pullers. Also in this pulling hobbie If I were a turbo builder I cant see how you could warranty every turbo that you sell. I see to many guys that dont know how to treat a high preformance turbo. Like the guys that sit there and mash the trottle and let out all at once so they can here the turbo churp and dont understand they are killing the turbo doing so. There are just to many rednecks he sells to to warranty everone of the them , but Im sure he works with his better customers.

Re: Extreme Machine January 19, 2011 10:58AM
A warranty issue would be run's plural on the turbo,not when it exploded in the first 150 feet.It was junk.Period.And the fact is that it is coming up on a year and no response.Thats the true problem here.I'm not the only one,just the one speaking up.Oh i will say that my pipe may not have been the best idea but its not my fault the sled got hung up on it and some jerk got up on the truck and hammered on it.That's when it broke.Do you know for a fact that it would not have worked.I don't.In retro spec it was entertaining.

Re: Extreme Machine January 20, 2011 03:29PM
My new turbo came to me with a used compressor cover on it and was told a new cover was coming to me in a week since they had not shown up from casting yet. I was perfectly fine with that. I went through a few weeks of trying to iron out the fuel pressure issues my truck had (little more than half what it was supposed to be) and trying to figure out why my truck was topping out at around only 3400 rpm. The truck had only about 25 street miles just back and forth to work and then 2 test hooks. My brother and I were curious what the drive pressure would be so we hooked up a gauge and he took it out. Got to the edge of town next to a fellow pullers house where it turns to a 55 mph zone and then it happened. From what my brother said it was the worst metal to metal sound he has ever heard and this happened at 65 mph only making about 15 lbs of boost, well within the limits of a ball bearing gt42 with a billet wheel. The shaft had so much side to side play while it was still warm, we could pull the wheel a little bit to the side, spin it and it would rub against the cover. The cast posts between the outer shroud of the cover and the bore where the wheel sits in had cracks in the pillars and the map groove had 3 paper thin 3/4"x 1/2" aluminum pieces sitting inside that must have broken apart from the main casting which probably got in between the wheel and the cover. At this point i would love to have gone out in a blaze of glory, 5000 rpm at the 330' mark but it never got that far. Also, the turbo has never once been chirped either. I was excited for this turbo, bragged about it to everybody around, i was very understanding after talking with him that things happen and nicely awaited the repaired or new turbom, made excuse after excuse as to why my truck was taking so long, but after this long it is hard to stay positive about this kind of situation. I believe strongly about being a good, non-shady person and a good customer. I guess lesson learned on dealing with somebody who is not so much in the public eye that hasn't at least proven to me or any other concerned customers here to care about what others might think of his own ethics. I also think if he did not plan on repairing it, why did he give me his word to fix it, give me confidence on having the best he could do, and why wont he even give me my bad turbo back so I can get it fixed elsewhere? Sorry for the novel but not everybody on here is a redneck just out beating the crap out of their truck, completely ruining a part while joyriding, and then trying to take advantage of a manufacturers good policys. Thanks, Bret

Re: Extreme Machine January 20, 2011 03:53PM
Sounds like only truck pullers are having issues is there any tractor pullers having this problem?

Re: Extreme Machine January 20, 2011 04:17PM
Whether you are a truck puller or tractor puller, it's not like we told him it was going on an international and put it on our trucks and tried to make it do what it wasn't supposed to do. When empire ordered it from ron, they told him what it needed to do and that it was going on a daily driver/puller. When I sent it back to him after it failed because of the faulty cover that was supposed t be replaced within the first week, i told him my full intentions and what we wanted the truck to be capable of and we both understood what we could and couldnt do. that is the last I talked with him. I am not meaning disrespect to you or anybody else in any way but not everybody is out to screw ron. I have tried to get a hold of him by phone and by email to talk this over with him and settle this fairly but he for some reason changed his mind on making this right. We just want him to do the right thing and take care of or at least acknowledge some loose ends. Again, sorry to keep venting, Bret

Re: Extreme Machine January 21, 2011 07:29AM
Swampy - You ever stop to think that maybe he thinks your the shady one. I would say most of his customers are good guys that dont have time to do all this keyboard bashing. I mean ge dont get to close to the key pad when your typing or all the tears may short out the computer

Re: Extreme Machine January 21, 2011 10:07AM
I said it before and i will say it again,Ron will not give me the opportunity to tell it strait to his face.I have not bashed,only stated the facts.Also that's not why i even posted,it was to warn others to watch out.Thats all before i get zapped by the keyboard.Oh and i love the fact that i make a truthful remark about a product and its gone in cyberspace but there are countless threads about Jeff Dann that bash him and what he does and they go on for pages.I like this web sight and want to continue to use it so i will zip it .

Re: Extreme Machine January 21, 2011 12:17PM
Just my two cents. Sounds to me like a classic case of work truck trying to be a puller on the weekend. If you are going to pull then pull. If you are needing this vehicle to drive to work and pull, you cannot afford to pull. Therefore you are probably looking to recover your money because you could not afford it in the first place. Typically people who buy performance turbos like the one in this case have this same problem when they dont use it for what it was made for. Some of these turbos just are not made for long term heat cycles. I assume you bought this as a pulling turbo. It was not made to be driven down the road for long periods of time. We have a 2.6 truck that we use as a pulling truck only. I also have a super farm tractor that had a GT42 ball bearing billet wheel on it. I used this turbo for pulling only and had no problems with it. I did not cultivate 10 acres with it. I didnt buy it to farm with. I bought it to pull with, and thats what I used it for. Sometimes there needs to be a commitment. Pulling or driving. If you need to drive it then dont pull it. We run in to many people that pull what they drive and most have a story just like this one. They pull it, they break it, then they cry about it. Most pulling vehicles are not used to do what they were originally built for. There is a reason for that. THE PARTS WERENT MADE FOR IT. My two cents.

Re: Extreme Machine January 21, 2011 03:10PM
Hay de1066 (spot on brother) I could not agree with you more. I dont take my pulling tractor to get groceries. I have a ford pickup with a cummins 4bta in it to do that "what a blast" if I blow the charger on the way home I guess I"ll have plenty to eat and you can buy hx50's all day long on ebay cheap for this little toy. Listen Ron cant warranty all these turbos for all these differant senarios you probably voided your warranty when you told him like you did us you were daily driving this thing. Like the de1066 man said tractors go on the trailer to the pull 15 seconds down the track and back on the trailer. With no trips to walmart before or after. There is 4 extreme chargers in our club with each having around 20 trips down the track with zero turbo problems.

Re: Extreme Machine January 21, 2011 04:45PM
I pull against Ron he is the type of guy that will share ideas and help anybody out. Not sure on all these turbo failure details but from what I know of him he would unbolt his turbo and give it too you to help someone else pull. Hope these issues get worked out reasonably.

Re: Extreme Machine January 22, 2011 01:29AM
Im not saying that his stuff doesn't work on the tractors,i am saying that he guaranteed me that his turbo was bad ass and would be what i was looking for.he was mistaken.as for it being a grocery getter,its a dedicated puller that can be driven on the street as much as a mod tractor.

Re: Extreme Machine January 22, 2011 02:09AM
As for the puller on the street thing, intentions for this truck and what it was going to be used for were shared before the charger was bought. If it was not going to be up to the task of being idled down the street to wal mart but instead scream down the track only, it should have been brought up that it wouldnt work at all before the sale.(Remember this charger went to and from work at 55 mph one time and there are thousands of ball bearing gt-42's on the street). Regardless, he should have replied in a timely manner and if nothing else, should at least send me the bad charger back. I paid good money for it, I own it, there is no reason for him to keep it hostage and not give it back so I can have it repaired elsewhere. If he had no intentions of fixing it, he should not have told me he would make it right. Its nice that everybody sticks up for him and says how much of a great guy he is to deal with. I just wish he would give me the same courtesy of answering his phone thats all. When i first talked with him, he seemed great but then like a switch, he falls off the earth. I am an understanding guy and most of the time give the benefit of the doubt to everybody. I did nothing shady or untruthful in any way to make him not want to deal with me and that is what really bothers me.

Re: Extreme Machine January 22, 2011 03:23AM
I pull tractors and have dealt with ronny. He is an awesome salesman. He could sell meat to a veggitarian. I have dealt with him once and moved on. If you ask me the number one thing in a bussiness should be customer service. The least ronny could do is call them back. Whether or not he was going to do nothing at all, replace it, or whatever, call the people back at least. If you can't run his turbo on a truck to get groceries, you better not be selling turbos. I have a 3X3 percision and I wouldn't be the least bit afraid to run to town with the turbo. I have never met the guy, and I don't care to. He might be the nicest guy in the world, but one dealing with him was enough for me. I'm not going to bash him, or even get into detail with it. I just wish these guys the best.

Re: Extreme Machine January 22, 2011 04:49AM
I can only speak for myself. I bought a turbo from Ron a few years ago that failed on it's initial run. Apparently a bad commpressor wheel. Just a cast one, not one of his good billit ones. I called him, sent it back, & he replaced it, no hassles what-so-ever. I've had other work since then. Ron's pretty much a one man show. The disadvantage is he may not be as fast as other shops, but on the other hand he's willing to work with working class folks like us, not just state & big circuit pullers who will put his name on the map. Maybe it's not my place to say, but I understand Ron's had some pretty serious health issues lately & was unable to work. From what I know of Ron, he'll try to do the best he can for everyone as soon as he's able. Hope things work out for everyone.

Re: Extreme Machine January 24, 2011 02:58AM
I do not believe ron should call this guy back.He should call empire back.If you buy a comode plunger from walmart you take it back to walmart.Not call who made it.Empire made the money on the turbo so they should deal with it not ron.As for my experince it has been the best.I have bought 5 turbos over the years and have had the best from ron.

Re: Extreme Machine January 24, 2011 04:35PM
There's two sides to every story. Some things just have a tendency to follow one around. For you guys having issues how often does this occur to you? Some may want to take a step back and look in the mirror.
I heard this truck was built by Empire, Ran great whenever the owner of the truck was not behind the drivers seat, then it was taken to numerous other shops since then and is now at yet another shop? Maybe Empire will jump in and back this story or maybe they know more then what is being told. Reasons like this why so many good names get tarnished. I have scene Empire Trucks Run and though there is only a few running at the national level every one I have scene is a top contender. Last fall at a local pull I believe they took 1,2,3, with some of the best iron around.

Re: Extreme Machine January 25, 2011 03:52PM
This is not a thread on Empire Diesel but this biased reply was obviously posted by an Empire employee or a good friend of the of the shop. I will admit they definetely have some great running trucks, it's just that mine was not one of them and that is why it is St. Joseph Diesel in MO and that is who i have dealt with ever since and not "numerous other shops" like you claim. After i had spent alot of my hard earned money (and the banks money), i was not satisfied with what I got in the end. Rather than take it back again to work on more fuel pressure, tuning, and turbo gremlins, wait longer, and continue on with the lacking customer service i was getting, i started from scratch and took it to Tim at St. Joe diesel since he has been some of the best customer service (among few others) that I have ever dealt with. And yes the truck did run better initially when they were testing the truck out just after the build in the fall of 09' although it had many bugs that were not ironed out yet (and yes i drove it with these same results during this time). After it was taken back to get tuning and injector issues taken care of the following spring, for some reason it seemed to have less power and would not get close to the rpm it did the previous year down the track according to the logs even though nothing else had changed (same driving style, all at 100% throttle). Anyway, after parting ways with them, i decided to contact to Ron directly so i didn't have to go through a middleman and that is when this whole thing started. Again, this thread is about Extreme Machine, not your biased opinion. If you have a problem with me, or if you would like to get your facts straight, just give me a call 608-606-0900. Thanks, Bret

There's two sides to every story. Some things just have a tendency to follow one around. For you guys having issues how often does this occur to you? Some may want to take a step back and look in the mirror.
I heard this truck was built by Empire, Ran great whenever the owner of the truck was not behind the drivers seat, then it was taken to numerous other shops since then and is now at yet another shop? Maybe Empire will jump in and back this story or maybe they know more then what is being told. Reasons like this why so many good names get tarnished. I have scene Empire Trucks Run and though there is only a few running at the national level every one I have scene is a top contender. Last fall at a local pull I believe they took 1,2,3, with some of the best iron around

Re: Extreme Machine January 25, 2011 05:46PM
DID YOU SAY THE BANKS MONEY???? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Extreme Machine January 26, 2011 01:28AM
I don't have a dog in this fight but I am curious why did you bolt in on if you knew the compressor cover needed to be replaced.
Why didn't you wait??

Re: Extreme Machine January 26, 2011 05:19AM
Was told it would work fine until the new one came. The turbo went bad and it was agreed upon between all of us (me, Empire and Ron i believe) that it was a bad casting. As for the waiting so long part, i talked with him initially a time or two, then it led to just leaving voice mail after voice mail. I kept hearing he was hard to get a hold of, he had medical problems, just giving the benefit of the doubt until i hear everybody else gets ahold of him just fine. I am done with my rant and realize i am not going to get anywhere with this. Sorry to drag this out and thank you for the support of the people posting on here and who have mailed me. Bret

Re: Extreme Machine January 27, 2011 05:39AM
Just courious? Why all this was going on did you owe these people alot of money? Not right to run buisnesses down if we are not getting the whole story. I would charge you with slander if this were true and i hope it is not.You have trouble with quite a few buisnesses for what reason? You post on alot of sites running buisnesses down with real honest info i hope. Good luck to you.

Re: Extreme Machine January 27, 2011 09:43AM
I dont know what the real story is but at the end doesnt everyone think Ron should at least call him back and let him know he is or isnt going to fix the turbo.

Re: Extreme Machine, pullers lets end the subject January 27, 2011 12:24PM
Thanks

Re: Extreme Machine January 27, 2011 11:53PM
thats all he asked how to get ahold of him. he should call

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,842, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro