Gordyville Photos January 14, 2011 01:18AM
Does anyone have any pics from the Gordyville session last night? Or will anyone attending this weekend be posting any?

Re: Gordyville Photos January 14, 2011 03:01AM
I have taken pics but the internet at the hotel is really slow so I will be waiting till Sunday to post them.

Re: Gordyville Photos January 15, 2011 03:26AM
I've got a slow connection here as well, but my session 1 photos are currently being uploaded.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Gordyville Photos... Session 2 January 17, 2011 02:48AM
Here's a shot of the great looking NTPA Light Pro "Mule Deere" owned and driven by Adam Biehl.

The rest of the Session 2 Photos are currently uploading.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Gordyville Photos... Session 3 January 17, 2011 03:03AM
Kent Payne puts on a display of diesel power at it's finest in the LSS class! Super Rooster made a beautiful run in the Session 3 preliminaries and parked firmly in the sand pile for a well deserved win against some of the top alky burners.

It will take me a few hours to download the Session 4 and 5 photos from my camera, but I’ll get them posted as soon as I can. The rest of the Session 3 photos are currently uploading.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Gordyville Photos... Session 4 & 5 January 17, 2011 06:02AM
My Session 4 & 5 photos are now uploaded.

I did more experimenting with my camera at this event than I have since I've owned a digital camera. Gordyville is a difficult place for me to take good photos; the light isn’t great, and the low ceiling makes for a haze that seems to hang in the air so it makes for a fun challenge. My lens choices are limited and I had to use fixed 50mm f1.8 lens for the event because of the dim lighting. The fixed lens tends to frustrate me because I enjoy zooming in on the tractors and gradually zooming out as it goes down the track. With the fixed lens I feel like I’m limited and my hands are tied with where on the track I can get a photo. I wound up with some photos that I’m pretty happy with, and some other photos that are out of focus. I don’t delete or crop any photos, so what you see on the page is exactly what I took.

I’m downloading my fathers photos on to my computer now, and I’ll get them uploaded to the page as soon as I can.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

My Father's Gordyville Photos... Session 1-5 January 17, 2011 06:37AM
I just finished uploading my father photos from Gordyville. He had some great shots and thankfully his camera seemed to focus on some tractors that mine didn’t, while he had some blurry tractors that my camera seemed to like. Hopefully between the two of use we got some decent shots.

For any photographers that are curious: we used the same lens, 50mm f1.8 and roughly the same camera setup: we both run in tv mode which in shutter priority, meaning we control the shutter speed and the camera controls some of the other settings. We both shot most of our shots at 1600 ISO. The main difference in our setups being that I used my flash and bounced the flash off the ceiling and he shot his photos using available light.

I hope everyone enjoys the photos.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: My Father's Gordyville Photos... Session 1-5 January 18, 2011 06:03PM
I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who has problems with good shots at gordy. I was getting really frustrated with some of my stuff.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009