jd wet clutch / pto January 15, 2011 02:33AM
I have turned my two disks wet clutch into a 4 disks by welding the hubs together and and doing some work to the clutch regulating vaule housing. I would like to remove the pto gear and shield and all reduction gears and just install a plate at the rear of the tractor were your 540 /1000 rpm shaft would normally be. my ? is will it be ok to do this and leave it this way. By the way this is a 4430 that i'm tring to turn into a hot farm puller. thanks for any help!

Re: jd wet clutch / pto January 15, 2011 05:35AM
you will want to plug off the pto brake port in the clutch control valve houseing with a pipe plug or weld the hole shut on the short tube very simple and minor fix

Re: jd wet clutch / pto January 15, 2011 05:53AM
Chris, I did plug off the pto brake and pto clutch ports, are you saying it will be ok to remove all pto gears now that this is complete.

Re: jd wet clutch / pto January 15, 2011 03:15PM
I would leave the upper PTO shaft.. (the larger shaft that the PTO hub rides on.) this will just help support the hub a little.. Cant think of anything else that would need to stay..
Did you just remove the bottom part of the lube reduction valve piston to supply the oil to the PTO clutch piston?? (This is the easiest way to get oil to both pistons.this would be the only reason I can think of to plug off the PTO clutch port, if you are welding the hubs.) (or if you drilled a passage in the Lube reduction housing.. where the tubes are.)

Re: jd wet clutch / pto January 15, 2011 11:55PM
I did remove the lube reduction piston. that is why i pluged the pto clutch port. I was planning on leaving the pto drive shaft. I assume that is the one you are talking about. it is the shaft that is made into the clutch operating housing that goes up into the wet clutch and the pto hub rides on it. i want to remove the lower big pto gear with sheild and shaft and reduction gears.

Re: jd wet clutch / pto January 16, 2011 02:32AM
you got it it ll work take out the gears & shaft & you ll lose quite a bit of weight

Re: jd wet clutch / pto January 16, 2011 02:38AM
THANKS! chris, really grateful for the info!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM