Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 09:19AM
[www.outlawpulling.com]

This is coming from the perspective of someone who would like to see unified pulling rules.
I guess instead of Super Farm Semi, it may instead be called Limited Pro Stock Semi (or Light Pro Stock Semi, lol) because in my view that's what they will be.

OSTPA and ITPA have to me what are the best Pro Stock Semi rules (I would prefer Minnesota adopt the same turbo rules but at least when I was at Tomah in 2009, guys like Ron Baron were at least competitive with the NTPA guys). It would seem logical that since both Minnesota and Illinois are right next door to Outlaws territory, and have established Pro Stock Semis, that Outlaws could adopt rules that the already-existing trucks could fit and perhaps get some of those guys to run with them. At least that's logical to me.

It seems that lately, whenever Outlaws come up with rules for classes, they go out of their way to make it so their pullers will be non-competitive with already established organizations in the same classes (which is another way of saying they will pull with Outlaws and Outlaws only). I already know after posting this a half dozen Outlaw pullers will come on here and tell me how they are going well and to be quiet, etc. I'm sure they will have a full schedule of events and will get 30 or so super farms at Wisner, yadda yadda yadda. I did read the reasoning given on the website, but still believe it would be best in the long run to adopt rules that the guys who already run in this class in bordering states are using. That would be the best thing, imho, for getting this class going west of the Mississippi.

I don't see where adopting a weight that's 4000 lbs lighter than is run elsewhere (to the best of my knowledge) is going to encourage other guys to already have PS Semis to give Outlaws a shot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 09:23AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 03:13PM
It is like that in every class. It is their way to keep their competitors to themselves in the end all they do is hurt themselves, nobody else can pull with the outlaws and when their members want to go pull somewhere else they are a mis-fit EVERYWHERE. Therefore some members are already starting to join other organizations and build their tractors to fit some more common rules!

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 03:36PM
The weight picked by Outlaws should be adopted by the other orgs.
The sled guys have been asking for that for years.
And REAL truckers would be tickled to death to get paid the same for toting 4000 lbs. less down the road.
There should be more common sense turbo rules for PS semi than "any turbo". (NTPA)
Your Outlaw LLC. observations (Michael) are 100% correct. The king makes the rules different to keep "his" pullers in "his" sandbox.
That said, the rules seem to save pullers some money, and keep the vehicles on the track, so it isn't all wrong.
The OUtlaw LLC methodology to get there really sucks, but then again, pullers have proven to be their own worst enemies with rule making "skills" and decisions.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 03:55PM
builder
There should be more common sense turbo rules for PS semi than "any turbo". (NTPA)

I think there should be some correlation between the diesel rules for tractors and semis.

IE- a "super stock" tractor and a true "super" semi = multi chargers.
A "pro stock" tractor and a true "pro stock" semi = one charger, any size.
I jokingly called this new class "super farm semi" because of the smaller limit (yes, I know Doug is giving them larger than a 3x3, but you get the point).

I realize there has been discussion of limiting the charger size on pro stock tractors. NTPA adopted this and it was rescinded before it went into effect, though Outlaws did this (which goes with the point I made in the original post on this thread), and voila! Outlaw pro stocks are handicapped whenever they run "outside their sandbox" as you say

(tangent ?- when the Wampuscat IH Pro Stock ran at Gordyville, did he run an Outlaw turbo, or a bigger turbo?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 04:13PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 05:17PM
I agree with the lighter weight. I have always thought 20,000 was too heavy for the semi class.16,000 would be cheaper to haul and will be much easier for the sleds to stop.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 03:48PM
Every year people get on here and bash Outlaws and Doug Roberts, and every year the same gossip spreads that Outlaws is done or going out of buisness, etc. Yet in reality Outlaws gets bigger every year, the pullers make the rules and have a great schedule and great payout. The promoters make money and draw big crowds. Almost know one east of the Mississippi River came over here and supported Outlaws when the rules were the same as everyone else so they made rules to fit themselves and keep competition even, cost down, and vehicles on the track. And it has paid off huge as the numbers are up in almost all classes and I am sure the Limited Pro Stock Semi class will take off like a rocket, just like the Limited Pro Stock Tractor class has. Time will tell, but so far what Outlaws is doing is working.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 04:00PM
What planet are you from???
Pullers make the rules in Outlaws? Since when ? Maybe back when Carl was president, and a year or two after, but hasn't been that way in years.
Just SEEMS like it.
I never said Outlaws was going out of business. They do have a lot of shows, and get some more competitors every year, AND the limited PS Semi class will take off really well.
5 Months from first pull and limited PS semi guys have no idea what charger to get ordered or from where, or if they can use a stock pump, or what. Still waiting for Moses to come down off the mountain with the tablets. But not stone ones, much more flexible than stone. If you are a BIG farmer that can't read, pretty much anything goes.
Lets get past the indoor pull in Kansas City and then this'll all get ironed out I'm sure.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 18, 2011 04:59PM
Why would a guy go to the Outlaw's to pull? If you dnt know what i mean just look at at he bad publisity.........sry for my spelling I living in KS and I would rather pull with the bush pullers if I could than Outlaws... Not Bashing Outlaws but just telling the truth

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 19, 2011 03:48AM
Lay off the POT low cube puller

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 19, 2011 01:58AM
I think you either had too much of dougs koolaid or are delusional.

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 19, 2011 04:54AM
Seriously, what is it with Outlaws,not one of you have been brave enough to put your name to your opinion! Is there some sort of enforcer in Outlaws running around ensuring compliance? open debate should be encouraged where every-bodies opinion should be welcome! now fire away!Cool

Re: Outlaws to offer Super Farm Semi class January 21, 2011 04:44PM
lighter wieght. good idea. less for sled operator to drag around.
pump and turbo. good idea. trying to keep it lower buget.
i under stand wanting to keep the pullers in there own sandbox,then when you sell the class to a promoter you have a good idea on the # of trucks that will be there.
i agree with more uniform rules for them and the states around them. in all classes. but everyone wants the rules to fit them so the trucks or tractors out there dont have to change.
just my input

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009