mechanical water injection pump January 21, 2011 08:48AM
I am poking around for a mechanical pump for water injection. I stumbled across a variety of Vickers vane pumps but have not been able to locate any that are rated over 4500 RPM. I would like to drive this via a gear at 1:1 to the crank, as that would be easy to set up.

Are there any other pumps/pump families I should look at? Or should I scrap the idea and run it off a pulley at <1:1?

Thanks.

Re: mechanical water injection pump January 23, 2011 02:18AM
The Vickers pump will be just fine running it 1-1.
You will just need to service it every season.
We have put a higher speed rated bearing in
the front and a larger bushing in the rear, but didn't
seem worth the cost. The biggest thing that wears
out is the cam ring.

Re: mechanical water injection pump November 27, 2012 01:59PM
Any other imput for running these Vickers pumps direct 1:1 ? Running 5,000 RPM on the high side. Thanks

Re: mechanical water injection pump November 28, 2012 03:52AM
Max Simpson told me last summer that now that he has a test stand for the water pumps, he found they start to cavitate if you run them much over 3000 rpm. He said he was starting to go in the direction of underdriving some pumps.

Re: mechanical water injection pump November 28, 2012 08:46AM
Where would you find a vicar style pump and what's the part number

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,873, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM