Best T/A and DD clutch January 21, 2011 01:43PM
Hey guys new to the site. Picked up a 1066 today and was wanting to start looking at some clutches and some T/As. Mainly going to be pulling open farm classes and some mph classes. Been looking at kennys and allied clutches. Anybody have any suggestions thats ran one? Looking to go with a dual disk and just not have to worry about it when i start putting more power to it. Also been looking for a t/a. Ive seen the allied ones and the hy-capacity t/a. Any of you guys ran one and which do you like best. Just looking for somthing thats going to last a while and wont have to worry about. Anybody have any suggestions on what to look at?

Thanks Mitchell

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 21, 2011 04:10PM
If your farming it use a TA. Pulling delete it.You will tear it out. I sell ag parts TA but we also pull and I'll save you the time now. Get an Atlas two speed in the TA housing and have a better gear selection instead. You need to be able to pull the sled in a gear that leaves you with some power at the other end of the track.Getting there faster doesn't help when you run out of power.

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 21, 2011 04:28PM
How does the 2sp work compared to a heavy duty T/A? Wouldnt the t/a still get tore out with a 2sp?

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 21, 2011 04:37PM
lever on side of TA housing. manual shift. Ta is hydraulic shift on the move.They use to have a spragless TA. Very hard on gears. When you shift it down the track it is like pushing you clutch in and then dumping it in the middle of a pull. they said it would outlast transmission gears.They were right we put in a couple sets.

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 22, 2011 10:46AM
Do you have to do anything else with the t/a besides the 2sp and how much does a setup like that run? Does the 2sp come with different discs or do you just use your stock t/a?

Thanks Mitchell

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 22, 2011 10:49AM
I was wanting to do away with the lever and put an electric shift on it. Can you do that with the 2sp or do you have to use the lever?

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 22, 2011 11:12AM
I believe the two speed he is referring to is merely a gear splitter, not a shift-on-the-fly like a TA. You can eliminate the TA, but a meticulously built TA can hold 1000 hp. Reliablility at that HP can be debated, and life expectancy is not like a farm tractor, but they are being used successfully at that hp.

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 22, 2011 04:01PM
Mitch- The point Floyd was trying to make is to remove the T/A and replace it with a 2 speed for more gear choices. You would no longer have a T/A, and the 2 speed is shifted like a regular trans- when stopped. I have to agree with him that using a gear you can pull at the end of the track is just as effective as yanking the T/A when you run out of power in a higher gear. Might be a benefit with some sleds/tracks, but not often, in my opinion.

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 22, 2011 06:32PM
I ran my first atlas double disc clutch for 3 yrs without even looking at it

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 22, 2011 09:35PM
Over here in Holland we run a 1066 with a 1566 TA with 2+2 constant mesh gears, the reduction of the TA is now 15 % with this setup. Works really good.
Give leaman tractor parts a call 717 464 2903 and ask for Ed, he can tell you all about this setup.

Re: Best T/A and DD clutch January 23, 2011 07:24AM
Mitch 91,
Hit me back on this email address. I have a double disk clutch from allied and a torque from allied. We ran open and speed limit and got along really well. It held up to high horsepower just fine. We are moving up and want to sell them both. Thanks Erik

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520