La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 21, 2011 02:24PM
Can somebody confirm something for me? La Don Peterson who campaigned the Desert Storm IH super farm, was he originally from Minnesota and move west to Utah, and that tractor wasn't one of Eddie Hopps original 3 black tractors was it? I want to say I saw him listed in the results from some tractor pulls in California, but now I'm questioning myself. Eddie had Black Magic, Night Rider(Mark Gamradts tractor), and the Hunt families Dreamin Too Super Farm Magnum which they had purchased from John Hoffman, who bought it from Eddie. We had talked to Mark in Tomah one year and I thought he said that the guy that owned Black Magic 966 had it in a rundown shed or under a tarp. If someone could clarify this for me that would be great thanks in advance.

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 21, 2011 02:40PM
I can confirm he moved to Utah and pulls a black IH Super Farm.

Here's a picture of the tractor

[picasaweb.google.com]

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 21, 2011 03:04PM
Thanks Sascha, and by the way the mod looks and sounds BAD A$$ why don't you guys be the encore to Team Lambada and head to the United States with it.

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 21, 2011 03:11PM
I meant to run Ntpa I know you have been to the West Coast Nationals in California.

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 22, 2011 01:29AM
There are videoes on youtube with Walkin Tall and Desert Storm, does not look to be anything special and not much competition either.

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 21, 2011 03:44PM
Money, work, time,...
Something in the winter would be fun to do though.

Anyhow... Getting ready to leave for a Dutch indoor pull now. Semi is already on the road.
Let's see if the tractor can leave the line with this new set up. I'll be posting pics and results on Pullingworld.com. Lambada will be there, too - and probably kick our butts.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 23, 2011 09:20AM
this old black tractor was eddie hopp from souix city ia i bought it when eddie completed his magnum and yes i did pull in reg 3 with desertstorm for a good many years but my work took me and my family to ut where there is not as much pulling we are trying to get the sport going with tractors i am also trying to get the time to go to mn to pull the reg 3 again we mis a lot of good pulling freinds there and the very good competion so maybe you will see it again

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? January 24, 2011 12:24AM
it would be great to see you guys back in minnesota, you guys always put on a good show with both tractors. Was the walking tall tractor Dummers back in the day?I bet I seen that tractor go down the track about 50 times. It is kind of weird to go to a pull and not see a Peterson tractor there. Does Bud still have his light super? Hope everthing is going well in Utah.

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? February 15, 2018 11:54AM
Mark Gamradt is my uncle la don peterson
Is originally from Litchfield, mn and he bought desert storm

Re: La Don Peterson Desert Storm???????? February 16, 2018 07:22AM
This post was started 7 years ago.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard